Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forming a society for the protection of .....

Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
This thread applies equally to all sections of the Forum. Since the arrival of ghosts in TS 4 there has been an upsurge in people talking about killing their sims. It is quite horrifying what people have been up to.

Now I know sims are just small pieces of programming and I know simmers have been doing unpleasant things to their sims since TS1 but there should be a limit about how much public bragging should be allowed. It is upsetting to those of us who are fond of our sims and what does it say about the individuals concerned.

Joking aside there is a thesis just begging to be written on violence in a non violent computer game.

I am proposing a society for the protection of sims. The principle aim would be to provide sanctuary for sims in distress and to prevent simmers from bragging about their exploits.

For those who are wondering I have never killed a sim intentionally.

For those wishing to use this thread to brag be advised it makes you easier to spot and exposes you to the ridicule of other simmers.

The society needs a name.

Thank you for allowing me some fun :)
I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
Post edited by Bettyboop55 on

Comments

• JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    I wanna join in this protest! I have never killed a sim since TS3

#ProtectAndLoveOurSims
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    I kill all my sims intentionally or just from pure lazyness... I'm too evil for this thread.
  • gamer24fgamer24f Posts: 70 Member
    edited October 2014
    You do realize this is just game right and I guest I am to evil to because I love killing things in games. >:)
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hello @gamer24f I do my perception of game and reality is very clear :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    gamer24f wrote: »
    You do realize this is just game right and I guest I am to evil to because I love killing things in games. >:)

We are murderers... someone arrest me :'(
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    What? I haven't got a clue what you're talking about.... Who would ever dream of harming a sim?! >:)
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    I agree there should be gender equality
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    But killing sims is the best bit of the game. >:)
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Bah.
    I talked about daily killing sims before, not after the last update.
    And I actually stopped my sims' killing spree since ghosts came.
  • vampiricdreams31vampiricdreams31 Posts: 219 Member
    edited October 2014
    It's a life simulation game. People can play this game anyway they want too. My kids play Minecraft and they kill each other all the time on Minecraft, that doesn't mean my kids are obsessed with violence and will one day go out on a killing spree. I kill off my Sims once I get bored with them just so I can play them as a spirit or not. Sometimes my Sims deserve death. It's just a video game. My husband loves killing off Sims, and he's the sweetest guy (and I'm not just saying that because he's my husband). We're both animal right activists and we're 110% against war, although we support our troops for the sacrifices they make for us every day.

I don't think Johnny who is playing his Sims and then killing them off makes him bad or abusing the game. Also, if it offends you by reading what other Simmers are doing with their Sims just don't read those posts. The Sims was created from the get go to be played whichever and however a Simmer wants to play the game. Sometimes people kill off their Sims for their great story telling. I write short stories in real life which only 2 have been published and one of my main characters I killed off for a dramatic closer. Doesn't make me an evil cold-hearted individual. What about the Simmers who are obsessed with their Sims woohooing- that doesn't offend me, because it's a game. But I'm sure there's a lot of players on here who are offended by the word "woohoo" yet alone Simmers who love watching their Sims woohoo.

I think you're being a bit too dramatic. You play your game the way you want to play it, and others play their game the way they want to play it. You shouldn't be offended by what other Simmers do with the Sims they create.
    @enkeli63 sadly there are those who would :( the Society would want to make the simming community more aware of the issue :)

Sim enim est vita
    edited October 2014
    @enkeli63 sadly there are those who would :( the Society would want to make the simming community more aware of the issue :)

I feel terrible now :'(

In fact, I made this new avatar to help draw attention to this really disturbing and heartbreaking matter.
    Post edited by enkeli63 on
    OriginID Starwing6

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    What why? Where is the fun in that?!..... I counter propose a Society for the Killings of Sims!!
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    What why? Where is the fun in that?!..... I counter propose a Society for the Killings of Sims!!

Sign me up.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    edited October 2014
    even sims like to kill other sims

079.png

personally my favourite way is still the rocket inside the house from sims 1 with enough rugs to set a massive fire
    It's a life simulation game. People can play this game anyway they want too. My kids play Minecraft and they kill each other all the time on Minecraft, that doesn't mean my kids are obsessed with violence and will one day go out on a killing spree.

it annoys me so much when a game gets the blame because some mental psychopath killed someone.. 99.99% of gamers know the difference between the game and real life and would never hurt anyone.. it's just lawyers using the game as an excuse for the murder and media running with the story because they know it will sell papers.

@vampiricdreams31 Hello this was a light hearted observation and suggestion put up by a woman in bed with a bad back.

I am not easily offended by what others do with their woman's don't need to read about it over morning coffee :)

I totally agree everyone should be allowed to play the game their own way :)

I take the protection of the weak and vulnerable in real life very seriously.

I also have a sweet hubby who regularly does damage to golf balls :)

Sim enim est vita
    @enkeli63 I am joking and I was inviting others to join in :) Seems to have backfired somewhat :(

Sim enim est vita
    @Bettyboop55, No, I'll play nice. I have to edit my post... BRB
    OriginID Starwing6

This thread just took a terrifying turn....
    img-2760794-1-3770820-9363323418-aband.gif
    hEFcp6z.gif
    @enkeli63 I am joking and I was inviting others to join in :) Seems to have backfired somewhat :(
    What I'm totally concerned about is how these people seem to be very defensive about it. It is very horrifying that I see people taking pride for committing such atrocity. This thread should be about bringing peace and love for our sims and yet we're being attacked. I give up hope for humanity.

7f7e40666f90f0ae212bb19a378ce6c181f2b1fa4d35015d89594ac835a8e90e.jpg
    Lol nvm. They removed your comment @HazzaPlumbob! LOL.
    hEFcp6z.gif
    Jimil wrote: »
    What I'm totally concerned about is how these people seem to be very defensive about it. It is very horrifying that I see people taking pride for committing such atrocity. This thread should be about bringing peace and love for our sims and yet we're being attacked. I give up hope for humanity.

I'm glad the OP said she was joking..... but it doesn't look like you are. Atrocities against pixels?! I don't understand....
    hEFcp6z.gif

I saw it and I LOLed you. @HazzaPlumbob too, but why the post disappeared??
    OriginID Starwing6

enkeli63 wrote: »

I saw it and I LOLed you. @HazzaPlumbob too, but why the post disappeared??
    Not sure. It was vaguely vulgar so I assume that... What I found really odd was how fast that comment was removed.
    hEFcp6z.gif
    Jimil wrote: »

I'm glad the OP said she was joking..... but it doesn't look like you are. Atrocities against pixels?! I don't understand....
    I thought the picture I posted gave it away but oh well I'll leave it up to y'all.

Y'all still need Jesus!