Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Career Goals Poll

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
There’s been much debate between those who like the current career goal system just as it is and those who would like to see changes. There have been a number of ideas on how people would like to see careers progress, but it’s not clear which ideas are favored by most.

I thought it might help Simmers and developers alike to figure out which types of changes are preferred by the community.

Options

#1: Remove all goals. Career advancement happens just from going to work.

#2: Include a game option toggle where you could turn career goals completely off or turn them on again. With the option turned on the careers would exist as they do now, with it off, advancement would happen simply by going to work.

#3: Return to a Sims 2 style form of career advancement where your Sims are only required to be at certain skill levels and have a certain number of friends to advance.

#4: Return to a Sims 3 style of career advancement where advancement happens slowly just by going to work and meeting skill and friend requirements, but can be augmented by completing optional mini-games.

#5: Keep the Sims 4 career advancement as it is now. Don’t change anything.

#6: Keep the current Sims 4 career advancement style, but add an alternative to each career advancement requirement. So, for example, you could cook three meals *or* learn three new recipes to get a promotion instead of just having to cook three meals.

#7: Open up careers so that they can be played (TS3 Ambitions style).

#8: Create a general ‘career aspiration meter’ similar to how we had an ‘influence meter’ in Sims 2 and completing career related aspirations at any time would contribute toward filling that meter and advancing a Sim in his or her chosen career.

#9: Other. Please explain.

If you’d like to participate, please:
1. select as many options as appeal to you.
2. include the numbers you select at the beginning of your post.
3. If you choose option #9 (other), please explain.
4. If you would like to explain any other answer, please do so, but keep your numbered selections at the beginning of the post to make it easier to track.

Thanks!

Vote Count

Option #1: 0

Option #2: 30

Option #3: 5

Option #4: 11

Option #5: 27

Option #6: 25

Option #7: 15

Option #8: 7

Option #9: 6

Counted through Blaznflcn. (Waiting on replies from @Tarantar9 and @stilljustme2).
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    greenXen wrote: »
    #2: Include a game option toggle where you could turn career goals completely off or turn them on again. With the option turned on the careers would exist as they do now, with it off, advancement would happen simply by going to work.

• 3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    I would vote 4 and 6. But if they went with 6 I would add 2-3 more options for completing.
  • constanceconstance Posts: 1,379 Member
    I'll take a #2 to go, please. Maybe with a side of #4.
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited October 2014
    9 I want to play the ambition like careers that dont' have tasks so OFB and ambitions combined! So give me a ton of options.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
  • nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    #2 but only if it worked like the parties system. Goals on, you unlock rewards. Goals off, you opt out of the rewards too.

#5 I prefer this more though if #2 isn't possible.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member

Out of all the options you presented, I would say 6.
  • nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    I'll take #5 ... I like them as they are, it's something fun and different.
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    #9 Options, give people options. Not heard them in one direction.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • MLJ28aMLJ28a Posts: 320 Member
    #5 works for me.
    zD4X8.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Counted through MLJ28a.

@InannaWintermoon, how do you see multiple options being included in the game? I think more options are nice, but I think even those of us asking for them envision them as being offered in different ways.
  • CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    #2, #5 or #6
    Green I have a question because what about the people who aren't going to say much of anything on this pole because they've already left the game or just haven't moved on to it. Is to get a general idea of what people are asking for? Or a pole to see what majority wants what?
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
  • sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • MCarollMCaroll Posts: 50 Member
    #7 - Seems to me the option with most interaction, therefore, more fun.
  • ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    Counted through MLJ28a.

@InannaWintermoon, how do you see multiple options being included in the game? I think more options are nice, but I think even those of us asking for them envision them as being offered in different ways.

Give them different options for career paths if people choose. Why doe you have to make 6 friends when half the time you new townie friends vanish ruining your "goal".

PS if I wanted goals I would play a RPG....but if you are going to put goals in a life simulator/sandbox there shouldn't be just A and an option. Maybe I want X,Y or Z and an option.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
    edited October 2014
    @Anavastia, Yes, I hoped it would do both.

I understand that it's a biased sampling of certain forum users, but I think it's better than nothing. I want to see if there is a consensus around an option or two. If not, it might at least help eliminate some options that weren't popular at all. If people do gravitate toward one or two options, it might help understand which types of features developers could introduce or reintroduce that would have the most widespread appeal *and* be the least alienating to other users. It could also help get a sense of how many desire the change at all. Right now we hear vocal participants on both sides, but we don't necessary get the opinions of less confrontational posters.

edited October 2014
    Yes, I hoped it would do both.

I understand that it's a biased sampling of certain forum users, but I think it's better than nothing. I want to see if there is a consensus around an option or two. If not, it might at least help eliminate some options that weren't popular at all. If people do gravitate toward one or two options, it might help understand which types of features developers could introduce or reintroduce that would have the most widespread appeal *and* be the least alienating to other users. It could also help get a sense of how many desire the change at all. Right now we hear vocal participants on both sides, but we don't necessary get the opinions of less confrontational posters.

Well it may shed light on the players they already have here but i don't think it will give a fair voice to the players that aren't here. I understand the curiosity of it. In honesty if i could i would say provide all because no two simmers play a like. I certainly know i don't. That's why i like expansions because they add in play that help different players that play uniquely. So for me expansions like sims 2 ofb, ambitions, or store content where i create me own goal setting and jobs was more appealing. I don't think those people of my group are here anymore. I haven't heard from them in a long time sadly. i don't think a lot of them even came over to sims 4 let alone had any interest.

Oh and i didnt' know we can vote multiple so can you put me down for 4 and 7 as well.
    Anavastia wrote: »

Well it may shed light on the players they already have here but i don't think it will give a fair voice to the players that aren't here. I understand the curiosity of it. In honesty if i could i would say provide all because no two simmers play a like. I certainly know i don't. That's why i like expansions because they add in play that help different players that play uniquely. So for me expansions like sims 2 ofb, ambitions, or store content where i create me own goal setting and jobs was more appealing. I don't think those people of my group are here anymore. I haven't heard from them in a long time sadly. i don't think a lot of them even came over to sims 4 let alone had any interest.

You're right that there are people who are no longer participating in the forums. People who never participated in the forums. People who have multiple accounts. People who won't see this thread. People who have me blocked or see this as a waste, etc. People who won't bother to read a 'wall of text'. It's far from a perfect sampling, but I still think it could be useful.

You're right that there are people who are no longer participating in the forums. People who never participated in the forums. People who have multiple accounts. People who won't see this thread. People who have me blocked or see this as a waste, etc. People who won't bother to read a 'wall of text'. It's far from a perfect sampling, but I still think it could be useful.

It's okay i just was curious. I did you catch my edit i didn't notice we could vote multiple things can i also be put down for 4 and 7 as well.
    It's okay i just was curious. I did you catch my edit i didn't notice we could vote multiple things can i also be put down for 4 and 7 as well.

No, I didn't. But, it's updated now. Thanks.

• RadprofileRadprofile Posts: 161 Member
    I'm between number 5 and number 2, option 2 could be more "fair" for everyone because is your decision to change it and don't affect anyone else, but at the same time, I feel more inclined to number 5, because it's a dev decision, and to be honest, it's not really a big deal, and in this games, I have noticed everyone want to make devs change things just because some people dislike them, change this change that, even if it's a minor thing, (of course there are some things that are really a bad decision that affect lots of players that surely needs to be added/removed).

So If I have to pick just one, option 5 (I kinda like it the way it is, because it gives me more to do than just see how the time pass), because we can't expect to change everything we dislike, there too much people playing the game, and different opinions, it's surely a nightmare for The Sims team to keep people happy.
    Radprofile wrote: »
    I'm between number 5 and number 2, option 2 could be more "fair" for everyone because is your decision to change it and don't affect anyone else, but at the same time, I feel more inclined to number 5, because it's a dev decision, and to be honest, it's not really a big deal, and in this games, I have noticed everyone want to make devs change things just because some people dislike them, change this change that, even if it's a minor thing, (of course there are some things that are really a bad decision that affect lots of players that surely needs to be added/removed).

So If I have to pick just one, option 5 (I kinda like it the way it is, because it gives me more to do than just see how the time pass), because we can't expect to change everything we dislike, there too much people playing the game, and different opinions, it's surely a nightmare for The Sims team to keep people happy.

@Radprofile, you don't have to pick just one. You can choose as many as you like. Does that change your answer from just #5?

And, yes, I agree developers make some tough decisions.