Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game crashes, removed latest CC, still crashes

Okay, so my game keeps crashing. I'll be playing and then everything freezes. I do the ctrl-alt-delete to get to my desktop and there's a pop-up telling me the game crashed. This has happened at least 5 times. I figured that some of my recent CC must be damaged so I removed everything new. It still crashes.

All the CC I have now (and one mod, the Babies for Everybody one), worked fine just yesterday so I don't get what the problem is? Does anyone know what I should do?

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Something in your game might have become corrupted. Try rolling back your save (see my sig).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    In your case, I would 1) Make sure everything is put in the right place

2) If so, create a backup of your game folder/you can move it to your desktop and just change the name of the file to The Sims 4.old and remove it from My Documents

3)Start the game again which will re create a fresh game file.

4) Check to make sure your game is okay and running smoothly

5) Start adding your files from your old folder to the new one and see if there are any crashes.

From here you might be able to find out what the cause is.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    If your computer pops up a notice that your game stopped unexpectedly, that means you have run out of memory.
  • Options
    diddlochcoojdiddlochcooj Posts: 56 Member
    Ok, it seems that the problem was with one single family. I evicted them and played another one and so far my game hasn't crashed.
  • Options
    > @diddlochcooj said:
    > Ok, it seems that the problem was with one single family. I evicted them and played another one and so far my game hasn't crashed.

nope. it crashed again. just took a lot longer this time. i'm getting quite upset :(
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Okay, so my game keeps crashing. I'll be playing and then everything freezes. I do the ctrl-alt-delete to get to my desktop and there's a pop-up telling me the game crashed. This has happened at least 5 times. I figured that some of my recent CC must be damaged so I removed everything new. It still crashes. <br />
    <br />
    All the CC I have now (and one mod, the Babies for Everybody one), worked fine just yesterday so I don't get what the problem is? Does anyone know what I should do?

I'm going to suggest you go to a site like the MTS to find out how to properly remove custom content and or related files for it, in case it corrupted your game. Sometimes just removing the cc isn't all there is to it. Was it crashing before you ever added any?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    > @Cinebar said:
    > diddlochcooj wrote: »
    >
    > Okay, so my game keeps crashing. I'll be playing and then everything freezes. I do the ctrl-alt-delete to get to my desktop and there's a pop-up telling me the game crashed. This has happened at least 5 times. I figured that some of my recent CC must be damaged so I removed everything new. It still crashes.

>

> All the CC I have now (and one mod, the Babies for Everybody one), worked fine just yesterday so I don't get what the problem is? Does anyone know what I should do?
    >
    > I'm going to suggest you go to a site like the MTS to find out how to properly remove custom content and or related files for it, in case it corrupted your game. Sometimes just removing the cc isn't all there is to it. Was it crashing before you ever added any?

No, it wasn't...
    (Oh, and I really like your profile pic btw (*) )