Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't get this sim right.

I tried to get all the facial features correct.. But it didn't work out well. I only use the sliders that come with the game, as I haven't found the need for extra sliders. But somehow, I failed terribly at this sim.

re__sim_compared_to_christoph_schneider_by_sircumberbatch-d82gtn5.png

Those two look nothing the same when they are supposed to be the same person. If you can tell me how to improve the face, that'd be amazing(say something like "You need to make a wider jaw" or something like that). If you know of any sliders I should use for this please link them.
tumblr_m4xgcv68oS1rogkjio1_500.gif

Comments

• SirCumberbatchSirCumberbatch Posts: 377 Member
    edited October 2014
    People claim it looks like him. If I didn't know who it was supposed to be I'd say John Barrowman. He doesn't look like Christoph Schneider at all. If you're curious why his hair doesn't look like the one in the comparison picture it's because I was going off his look in Du Hast. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzGKsXPBILw
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited October 2014
    He looks like a baby. To be honest with you, he looks nothing like those two. But that's okay, we can imagine him being the younger version of the two. Although, turning him into John Barrowman would be much easier.

What you need to fix are these following sliders:
    Jaw Height
    Jaw Shape
    Chin Shape
    All the eye sliders

The eyebrow sliders are perfect but you gotta change it into one of EA's base eyebrows that looks like a Nike symbol upside down. Change the eyebrow color so that it would almost fade with the skin color

Edit: You could try Shockshame's Eyebrows #3 and #4
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited October 2014
    I'd try rotating the nose tip down a bit. Widen the chin (Slider for doing so). Move the jaw down some (probably move the mouth back up a bit after that too). Move the cheek height down.

The eyes seem off too, but I'm still trying to work out a bit. That one might be about as close as it'll get too though. They are really close. Maybe move the inner corner height down a little bit.

Jaw shape might need more work too, idk how the chin would change it, but I can find and suggest sliders later too that might help if you think might need/want them.

Maybe move the upper eyelid height down a tad too, an play with the apex a bit, it's the lack of a perfect curve that kind of throws it off, it's a bit jagged on the sim, but that might be about as good as it can get, I don't know.
    Jimil wrote: »
    He looks like a baby. To be honest with you, he looks nothing like those two. But that's okay, we can imagine him being the younger version of the two. Although, turning him into John Barrowman would be much easier.

He doesn't look much like either, but John Barrowman was the first thing that came to mind after attempting to make him. There is probably a better resemblance. And he does sort of look like a child sim. I'm terrible when it comes to making certain people. I actually made Lara Pulver super easily and it looked exactly like her, and I used no CC sliders. It only happens with male sims. Maybe because I don't make them much.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I would change his hair style to a longer style like the actor you were trying to recreate in TS3.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    Jimil wrote: »

He doesn't look much like either, but John Barrowman was the first thing that came to mind after attempting to make him. There is probably a better resemblance. And he does sort of look like a child sim. I'm terrible when it comes to making certain people. I actually made Lara Pulver super easily and it looked exactly like her, and I used no CC sliders. It only happens with male sims. Maybe because I don't make them much.

That's okay. Me and @dreamerz13 can help you make him. Just post your progress on this thread and we'll tell you what to tweak next. I have never made any female sim to be honest. I just thought there were many of them already. But I've made some celebrity sims in the past like Tom Hiddleston and Andrew Scott (Jim Moriarty).

@Jimil
    You watch Sherlock too? I have slowly been finding Sherlock fans through these forums and other games.

@TadOlson
    Don't believe he acts. He's the drummer for the german band Rammstein.
    I also got a light stubble. I forgot to download it before making him. I think I might add it to him.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I figures he had to be in show biz in some form and the sim has a short hair and the real version has a longer and shaggier hair.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    I was going off his looks in Du Hast, where he has short hair like the hairstyle I'm using. I might change it to that one. Pending between his hair in the picture and this one:
    tumblr_m1jufr1qKh1qi4zlto2_1280.jpg
    I actually have two hairs like that already in my game. I like him with short hair a bit more. Opinions are always good.
    edited October 2014
    @Jimil
    You watch Sherlock too? I have slowly been finding Sherlock fans through these forums and other games.

Oh um well I used to. I thought his acting was fantastic. I've always think guys like that are very interesting. Here are some pics I took of him. I made him last year
    Screenshot-51_zps9b5f9b4b.jpgScreenshot-111_zpsb44fd277.jpg
    I also got a light stubble. I forgot to download it before making him. I think I might add it to him.

If you have Late Night EP, the stubble that came with it is more than enough.
    For me it looks a bit too dark and um.. Showing? I just don't like it on him. Here's the ones I downloaded:
    tumblr_n5112l5PwR1qjd12mo1_400.png
    For me it looks a bit too dark and um.. Showing? I just don't like it on him. Here's the ones I downloaded:
    tumblr_n5112l5PwR1qjd12mo1_400.png

Alright. You'd hardly even notice that though since you won't be looking at your sim directly all the time. But whatever works for you. Anyways, I agree that you need to make the nose tip a little bigger. Cheek bones need to be brought down. Also the eye corner height sliders from this one: http://www.ladyfrontbum.com/?p=800
    So, for a note to the self, I will recap all that apparently needs to be done:

•Lower Cheekbones
    •Jaw Height
    •Jaw Shape
    •Eyebrows
    •Hair
    •Chin Shape
    •Eyes
    •Nose Tip Down
    •Nose Tip Bigger
    •Widen Chin
    •Jaw Down a bit more

Any others I should add? And also, I hope I can get the other five done. Another one of them probably would have been easier. I'll probably do the one with the most complex facial structure last.. Because that's how I roll.
    Alright, I've changed his face.

sims_3_christoph_schneider__still_in_the_works__by_sircumberbatch-d82ij8e.png

And here's the side view if anyone wants to see it:
    sims_3_christoph_schneider__still_in_the_works_2_by_sircumberbatch-d82ijcg.png

Actual Side View:
    tumblr_m1jufr1qKh1qi4zlto7_1280.jpg
    I can't find a good hair. Mine are too shiny or look unfitting on him.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    That's much better. I think his eyes are a bit smaller and the corners of his mouth curl a little more.
    His nose is perfect.
    5JZ57S6.png
    I changed his nose a little more after posting the picture, and I believe I changed his chin a little more.
    I can't really tell if the cc skin or eye replacements are what is causing your sim to have really huge eyes but we need to work on getting it smaller. The eyelid sliders and eye apex sliders and probably eye scale/size needs more attention. Eyes like his are one of the hardest things I've ever worked on. Good luck!
    edited October 2014
    I don't really like EA default eyes. I might change his eyes and use another skin.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    He's looking much better. I agree though, the eyes seem too big.
    I still need a hair. None of the ones I have seem to fit.
    Gonna go modify the eyes now. I might change his skin.
    sims_3_christoph_schneider__almost_done__by_sircumberbatch-d82kx3n.png

sims_3_christoph_schneider__almost_done_2_by_sircumberbatch-d82kx7o.png
    You're nearly there! Keep going yey.