Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Raising Foundations on Lots

MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
edited October 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
I have a predicament that I would like some help on. (Ruthless_kk if you're reading this, maybe you can also help!)

I am almost finished with the lower level of a new house and wanted to have a foundation. I clicked on the foundation "tool" and slid the slider up as far as I wanted it to go. The problem is, I now have foundation INSIDE of my house! :s Did I do something wrong? Obviously, I *don't want* foundation inside; only outside. duh

stupid_zps3a7d6afa.jpg

If I want to have a normal-looking foundation, would I have to draw out an area first?

HELP!!
Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube

Comments

• Options
    misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Some pictures would probably be helpful, just to see in more detail what you mean. I know the foundation carries throughout the house, but do you mean you have extra sections within that have foundation on them?
  • Options
    Yes -- and I just edited my post to include the image I just snapped
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    I've done that before. At some point you wanted to change the flooring and you clicked delete floor. You can't do that in sims 4. When you want to change the floor you have two options. You just change it with another flooring or...if you want to save $'s then you find that free concrete flooring to change to first. If you use that first then you will get your money back from the old floor.
    It works the same with walls. If you want to save $'s change to the sheetrock walls first and you will get your money back before changing color.
    To fix the problem when I did that I removed the walls and put them back.
    Someone else may know another way.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I've done that before. At some point you wanted to change the flooring and you clicked delete floor. You can't do that in sims 4. When you want to change the floor you have two options. You just change it with another flooring or...if you want to save $'s then you find that free concrete flooring to change to first. If you use that first then you will get your money back from the old floor.
    It works the same with walls. If you want to save $'s change to the sheetrock walls first and you will get your money back before changing color.

I'm not *trying* to save money! What are you talking about?! Yes I might have deleted some of the flooring and replaced it with something else. THAT IS NOT WHAT I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH! I am having trouble with the *foun-da-tion*!!! >.<

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    When you delete the flooring that is what happens. The regular floor disappears. You actually are placing the new floor tiles on the ground and the foundation ends up being not only outside your house but inside too.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    When you delete the flooring that is what happens. The regular floor disappears. You actually are placing the new floor tiles on the ground and the foundation ends up being not only outside your house but inside too.

I just figured it out. Thanks. What I had to do was delete the styled rooms leaving the "space". Then I just drew square rooms in their place, and adjusted the foundation. It's all good now.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    KraslevKraslev Posts: 110 Member
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »

I'm not *trying* to save money! What are you talking about?! Yes I might have deleted some of the flooring and replaced it with something else. THAT IS NOT WHAT I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH! I am having trouble with the *foun-da-tion*!!! >.<

Don't be aggressive and rude to the people who are trying to help you. Typing in all caps implies shouting, and combined with typing *foun-da-tion* really gives the post the tone of "GAWD, YOU IDIOT! PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT I'M SAYING!"

Deleting the floor was your problem. It will cause the foundation to show in the house when you delete the floor. I think you owe an apology to @SelahFreeAtLast for being rude when s/he had the solution to your problem.
  • Options
    DollMyersDollMyers Posts: 13 New Member
    I'm not sure how to get a picture on my post, however I'm having a foundation issue as well.

I've used premade rooms, and added walls to make hallways. However when I raise the foundation on the house, the floors of the halls stay on the ground and everything else lifts up. How do I stop that from happening without making the rooms bigger instead?
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited September 2020
    @DollMyers
    You need to become a 'full member' to fully utilize the forum. Here is a thread explaining it:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
    I've given you some points.

Edit: Found the official thread for it: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest

I'm not sure I understand your issue, because having split levels in TS4 would be great; but raising one part of the house raises all rooms attached as of now. Is the hallway properly attached to the room you are trying to raise?

Edit: Oh, and the EA moderators say they are overworked, but they tend very eagerly to necro'ing for some reason, so perhaps make your own thread, because this one might be soon closed down.
    Post edited by Auroraskies on