Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need helping downloading lots and sims

My game won't let me upload sims or lots to the Sims 3 Exchange for my friends to use. Can anyone tell me how to upload/download those items using something like mediafire? It's very frustrating not being able to share!

Comments

• LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    First, you'll have to create a mediafire account. It might give you the option to download Mediafire Desktop or something like that, but it's optional, so you can skip that step. Next, if you have winrar, you'll want to use that to pack the file you want to upload. Just go in to where your Sims 3 Packs are and right click, there should be an option with the Winrar symbol that says "Add to archive" click that and it'll basically give you information on it and what it'll look like, click okay and it'll add the Winrar packed ready file next to your original one, move that to another folder so it doesn't clutter up your Sims3pack downloads folder, then go to your mediafire account and there should be an upload button, click that and then click browse and find the file you want to upload. It may take a bit to upload depending on how big the file is. Also, if you have trouble finding certain files, it's best to often arrange your downloads by the date they were downloaded, that way you can usually find the most recent ones towards the top. I hope this helped and if you have any questions, feel free to post here. :)
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited October 2014
    @LunBeauty: So you're saying that the sims and that the lots that I've created should already be in sim3pack format in my download folder?? The sims aren't - the ones I've saved are in .sim format in a SavedSims folder, and I can't find the lots anywhere. How do I get them into that format in the first place??
  • SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    MayaRose - While the Sim is in CAS there are two options at the picture of the sim on the bottom. One is to save the sim in the Saved Sims folder so you can use the sim in CAS again. The other is a star and it says "upload sim" - this uploads the sim to your "export" folder in .sims3pack format - it will appear in the starting window when you start the game. You click on the upload window in this and click on the files you want to put in your studio. To also ensure they are in your game copy them from the export folder and place the copies in the downloads folder. Then you click on those and install.
    -
    For your lots - or single sims/households - in edit game mode click on the lot, sim, etc. you want to upload and click the star for upload. A screen appears for you to use to check/put in the name and then put a description into it. Click upload and it will. These will all be in the .sims3pack format.
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    MayaRose - While the Sim is in CAS there are two options at the picture of the sim on the bottom. One is to save the sim in the Saved Sims folder so you can use the sim in CAS again. The other is a star and it says "upload sim" - this uploads the sim to your "export" folder in .sims3pack format - it will appear in the starting window when you start the game. You click on the upload window in this and click on the files you want to put in your studio. To also ensure they are in your game copy them from the export folder and place the copies in the downloads folder. Then you click on those and install.
    -
    For your lots - or single sims/households - in edit game mode click on the lot, sim, etc. you want to upload and click the star for upload. A screen appears for you to use to check/put in the name and then put a description into it. Click upload and it will. These will all be in the .sims3pack format.

Thank you :) I already know how to save the sims and lots using that star for uploading - the problem is that they won't upload in the first place. The only thing I have successfully uploaded is a hair colour. None of the sims or lots I have created will upload, which means that I can't share them with my friends. Everything seems to depend on having the sims or lots as sims3packs and I can't get them in that format because my game won't upload them in the first place!!! That's why I'm trying to find an alternative.