Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird text bug

Interactions and achievements related to the new ghost patch are just a bunch of numbers instead of text. Anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    One person reinstalled the game and it was fixed. Just copy your Saves and Tray and Mods folders to your desktop so you can put them back in.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Yes I believe that is the only why to get rid of the text bug.. as it's related to the patch the only way to fix it is uninstall and re install.
    Right clicking the game and selecting repair does not seem to work for anyone.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• rdwarf27rdwarf27 Posts: 6 New Member
    ty all same issue..was hoping to not have to do reinstall, but nothing else worked...repair,remove mods and cc - update said mods and cc..ty again. Off to try the reinstall.
  • simonevans1963simonevans1963 Posts: 206 Member
    edited October 2014
    I had the issue, and nothing would work (repairing game, clearing cache etc), so I caved in and reinstalled ... and it works!

The process was convoluted however ... I couldn't launch the reinstalled game from Origin because it thought the game wasn't updated, but when I tried to update I had a message saying the game was fully updated! I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Origin, that didn't work either, still same bizarre problem with launching the game. Then I tried repairing the game again, after which Origin recognised it as updated and I could play ... and the ghost text bug was solved.
    Once again saying ty...the reinstall did seem to work been running bout an hour now..with reloaded cc and mods all good menus normal no numbers so far . take care
    k i spoke to soon the weird numbers are back in place (ghosts)...will wait c if patch helps
  • DamnNancyDamnNancy Posts: 28 New Member
    Same problem here!
    It has something to do with my mods.
    I did narrow it down, to see which download causes the numbers.
    I think it has something to do with the wallpaper.
    It started when I downloaded them.
    And the 'problem downloads' are all wallpapers.
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    @rdwarf27 sorry to hear the re-install didn't work! I have the same problem and just couldn't bring myself to uninstall. @DamnNancy I don't think it is related to a mod as I don't have any, but I still get the 'ghost numbers'.
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • DamnNancyDamnNancy Posts: 28 New Member
    Than i don't think we have the same problem.
    I posted screenshots in another topic.
    I have no idea what you mean with ''gost numbers'', mayby you can post a screenshot too ?