Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am so glad to see this forum The sims memory lane

winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
My question is this. How are you all still playing The Sims 2? I have all the games installed and when I click to play I get the message the Sims 2 launcher has stopped working. This problem has stopped the game from working. Windows is working on a solution. I had downloaded the store addition a while back. last summer I had gotten a virus from the site. I cleaned that up and then I took the game files and placed them on my desk top and then I loaded back up files. I even tried using my disk for mansion and gardens but no luck of the game starting.

Do I need to uninstall the games and re install? I have windows 7 and in the past the Sims 2 played fine even with the store addition. I would appreciate help with this problem if anyone else has had this too. How did you fix or work around it? I do have the game all patched from the past patches.

Thanks in advance and I am happy to see this forum. I have games from The Sims 1 to the Sims 3

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

You're going to have to bypass the launcher. The Store is closed and the site...
    Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin and make a shortcut of the Sims2EP9.exe to your desktop. That's how I open my Sims 2 game. :)

Yes- It's great to have even a small corner to post about TS2. :D
  • winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    Rflong7 thank you so very much got it going. Now my Mansion and Gardens disk will live happily in my dvd player. Have a great day and happy simming,

your friend,
    Winterloc
    Yay! Glad I could help. :D
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    winterloc wrote: »
    Rflong7 thank you so very much got it going. Now my Mansion and Gardens disk will live happily in my dvd player. Have a great day and happy simming,<br />
    <br />
    your friend,<br />
    Winterloc

Also, if you contact EA customer service, give them the serial number on your base game (or any EP), they will give you a copy of the TS2 Ultimate Collection. The UC contains all EPs and SPs including the Holiday Stuff.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    @ErnesaT- I don't know if they're doing it any more, it was a limited time offer. But you're right, they can try. It will make starting easier. :D
    Ahhh. I didn't realize they may rescind it. Hopefully, EA will honor it because my e-mail states that they were giving it out because they are not supporting the discs anymore.

Here's to hoping.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    Thanks ErnesaT, I will try that and see if they will give it to me. I was not aware about ultimate collection. To you both thanks so much for the help and the information. I have been working on my Sims 2 and had to take puppies to the vet. Then do the family thing. So here I am now. Thanks again for all your help.
    YW. Happy simming!
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]