Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghosts on Unplayed Lots?

Anyone else getting ghost residents on unplayed lots? I didn't think this could happen because of no gravestones for unplayed families if I'd moved anyone in there, and in this case, I didn't think I'd even moved any families in. So is this like ghost townies being moved into places? In both cases (both in the same save game) they have no family name.
The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
Origin ID: Tairgire

Comments

• JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    I don't visit unplayed lots as I hate loadscreens.
  • esiobhanesiobhan Posts: 39 Member
    I have also noticed some of my unplayed lots have been inhabited by ghosts. I haven't checked to see if they have a family name or not but I definitely thought it was weird.
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Reportedly ghosts are moving in as townies.

Thankfully I haven't gotten this issue yet but should I ever I'll be sure to clean them out of my game. I appreciate their return, but I don't need them in a certain game save of mine.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    If they are moving in as townies and you don't want them, you can, at least delete the household from the manage world screen. I haven't had any move in yet myself. I have the option turned off to allow families to move into empty lots as I like to populate those personally over time, but since no gravestones spawn if you are not playing the household at the time of death, they shouldn't be appearing in existing families that I'm aware of.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Aside from the house I'm playing and the one that I moved a spare into, my houses are empty except for the 3 that have ghosts. And I don't even think they are ghosts of previous members because one is the house that I moved my family out of.
  • RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    If they are moving in as townies and you don't want them, you can, at least delete the household from the manage world screen.

Actually, now that you mention this and I think about it, they don't show up in Manage Households either. This is smelling more like a bug and less like a feature. I can probably bulldoze and replace the lot if I really have to.

The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
  • RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Aside from the house I'm playing and the one that I moved a spare into, my houses are empty except for the 3 that have ghosts. And I don't even think they are ghosts of previous members because one is the house that I moved my family out of.

Yes, they're my only "random" move-ins. All my other populated houses are from households I made or downloaded to fill out my town.

• EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Roane wrote: »
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    If they are moving in as townies and you don't want them, you can, at least delete the household from the manage world screen.

Actually, now that you mention this and I think about it, they don't show up in Manage Households either. This is smelling more like a bug and less like a feature. I can probably bulldoze and replace the lot if I really have to.

If you can't manage the households, then it does sound like a bug.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    This gives a whole other meaning to Haunted Neighbourhood
  • tams2578tams2578 Posts: 705 Member
    I have a ghost who moved into one of the houses in town but isn't in Manage Households. I think I might have one of my Sims visit that house and see what happens.
    Zwdtm8.png
  • snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    I wanted the random ghost appearing in unexpected places, but I don't have any ghost except for the ghost on my home lot :\
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y