Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we get Fears back please

Why was this ever taken out? It was a great mechanic, just as necessary as Wants, and better than that garbage system in 3.
We all have fears, it makes us who we are just like Wants and just like Whims.
We all can have nervous breakdowns (aspiration failures) and need a visit from a shrink. And we can even die from it.

Why was it removed? AGAIN! Bring it back please, it was excellent gameplay and much much better than some of the gameplay mechanics present already.

Comments

• Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    I've missed the Wants and Fears mechanic for a long time. Along with the memory system in TS2. So much better than TS3...and we won't even go into how it works in TS4.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    Yes please! I love Fears. >:)
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited October 2014
    sarahzsmyl wrote: »
    I've missed the Wants and Fears mechanic for a long time. Along with the memory system in TS2. So much better than TS3...and we won't even go into how it works in TS4.

The memory system in 4 is atrocious. There's nothing wrong with copying + pasting mechanics THAT WORKED in the previous game of a series. That's the point. It's a sequel. Copy and paste and then build on it to improve.

Who complained about memories or wants and fears in TS2 that it needed to be scrapped and reworked? Absolutely nobody
  • Options
    OhhTiffanyOhhTiffany Posts: 55 Member
    please, we don't even have the FEAR emotion in game, its basically under tense right now >.> Hopefully since Halloween is coming up they'll add fear all around...
    paperman12.gif
  • Options
    nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    Love wants and fears!
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    I just cba to search for the suggestion on adding affraid/panicking/scaredtodeath emotion state suggested in morning/evening chat threads.
    Cba even more to write what SimGuru answered.
  • Options
    galaxyflier1galaxyflier1 Posts: 383 Member
    Fears are an important part of a person's persona. It would make the game more interesting that's for sure.
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    I would love to have the fears back it made the game more fun. If you wanted your sims to have the worse day of their life just realize all their fears and watch them have a break down, makes for good story telling >:)
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    ZakeiraZakeira Posts: 181 Member
    I'd love to get a fear emotion along with an extra trait added to the sim listing a specific fear that would cause them to freak out when they came across that fear. They could add the following fears: ghosts, water, woohoo, salad, frogs, gnomes, fighting, fire, the dark, outer space. I think it would add a lot of fun to the game.
    mTp8aXz.jpg
  • Options
    SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    The fears should be specific to the Sims' traits to help make the Sims more individual. I agree that they should come back. Right now things are too easy for the Sims. They need some problems in their lives, too.
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    I hope this gets their attention. Fears have just as much reason to be in the game as pools and toddlers
  • Options
    Rubycube86Rubycube86 Posts: 294 Member
    Count me in! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Maybe every Sim could get a trait for fears, like "fear of ghosts," "fear of fires," "fear of public restrooms." That would be interesting.

Oops, Zakeira already suggested this, sorry!
  • Options
    pezhead7pezhead7 Posts: 838 Member
    Zakeira wrote: »
    I'd love to get a fear emotion along with an extra trait added to the sim listing a specific fear that would cause them to freak out when they came across that fear. They could add the following fears: ghosts, water, woohoo, salad, frogs, gnomes, fighting, fire, the dark, outer space. I think it would add a lot of fun to the game.

Don't forget ... CLOWNS !!!
  • Options
    ZakeiraZakeira Posts: 181 Member
    Yeah I hate clowns in RL. Lol
    mTp8aXz.jpg
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Simley wrote: »
    Maybe every Sim could get a trait for fears, like "fear of ghosts," "fear of fires," "fear of public restrooms." That would be interesting.

Oops, Zakeira already suggested this, sorry!

I love this idea!
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    How about "fear of mimes." Some Sims would get scared when another Sim "tells a joke about mimes."
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    Yeah, I really liked the Fears/Wants in TS2. They were cohesive to the persons personality. I remember playing Dustin Broke, and one of his fears was not getting into Private School. Underneath it all, Dustin was a smart kid who enjoyed doing well. So, I tried so hard to get him into Private School, but the poor guy was denied and absolutely CRUSHED by it. It's just a game, but I felt so bad for him. I would like to see a system like that implemented again.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    I hated fears and much prefered TS3 system.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I've been begging forsim fears for years.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    KayParfaitKayParfait Posts: 436 Member
    I never saw the point of fears in Sims 2. They rarely happened to come true and even if one did it wasn't very impactful. So if they did implement something like that again for Sims 4, they would really need to change it up and give it more purpose, in my opinion.
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    Simley wrote: »
    How about "fear of mimes." Some Sims would get scared when another Sim "tells a joke about mimes."

Oh good, I'm not the only person slightly creeped out by mimes.

Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush