Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• TanjuskaTanjuska Posts: 44 Member
    Hi, I have been doing the challenge for a while now. My sim is just expecting her 12 child. I'm having fun with my challenge but i have only had single births even tough i have the fertility reward and the ley line :( So thats been annoying me. Has anyone had this happen where the fertility reward and the ley line just isn't working? Is there something i can do to make it work?
    Also i just had a death in my household... Yesterday i aged up a teen to a YA, he was furious before i aged him up and of course staid furious after the age up. I didn't do anything to help things because i was meant to move him out of the house, so he died. I was not expecting him to die but thankfully he did age up to YA and there for counts towards my total number >:) :#
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    @Tanjuska I'm currently waiting for my teen sim to stop being mortified because I worry she'll die of embarrassment after her birthday. I've had a few Sims die from being angry as a teen and then aging up. So far no deaths in my 100 Baby Challenge save.
    I've been blogging my challenge, you can check out the new chapter HERE
  • TanjuskaTanjuska Posts: 44 Member
    [quote="Luclylu;c-16641059"]@Tanjuska I'm currently waiting for my teen sim to stop being mortified because I worry she'll die of embarrassment after her birthday. I've had a few Sims die from being angry as a teen and then aging up. So far no deaths in my 100 Baby Challenge save.[/quote]

I've actually have had that happen before but i totally forgot that was a thing! (I usually take good care of my sims but since this is a challenge i wasn't too bothered by it :D ) I took a look at your blog, i like the cheesy pick-up lines :D

On a another note my sim just gave birth to yet another single baby, i'm officially annoyed :s
    @Tanjuska Thank you! There will be a lot more cheesy pick-up lines :smiley: That sucks about only having singles right now.
  • snapun_simssnapun_sims Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi, guys! I have a question about death of one of my 100 baby challenge children. If he grew up into young adult and died just after his birthday because of embarrassing moodlet (without moving out the house), should or should't I count this kid as one of 100 (or not). Thanks!
    Hi, guys! I have a question about death of one of my 100 baby challenge children. If he grew up into young adult and died just after his birthday because of embarrassing moodlet (without moving out the house), should or should't I count this kid as one of 100 (or not). Thanks!

I would think it counts since they died as a young adult. I’ve had that happen a lot in other saves. I found waiting until the angry or mortified moodlet went away before aging the teen up. I just had to do that in my challenge to avoid her dying after she aged up.
  • DeathlySimsDeathlySims Posts: 1 New Member
    How on earth do you stop your entire household from being depressed every day? I'm in the second generation and every day a sibling from the first generation dies and causes them to be sad all the time. They spend their lives on the sadness hotline.

I also think I have a bug with seasons where my kids keep getting holiday days even when the calendar has nothing going on and says they're gonna go to school, so they stay at home and don't increase their grades 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited July 2018
    How on earth do you stop your entire household from being depressed every day? I'm in the second generation and every day a sibling from the first generation dies and causes them to be sad all the time. They spend their lives on the sadness hotline.

I also think I have a bug with seasons where my kids keep getting holiday days even when the calendar has nothing going on and says they're gonna go to school, so they stay at home and don't increase their grades plum

Move kids out asap, then when they die, they won't do it in front of everyone.
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member

I also think I have a bug with seasons where my kids keep getting holiday days even when the calendar has nothing going on and says they're gonna go to school, so they stay at home and don't increase their grades plum

That's not true, @DatSubmarineYourLookingFor, they updated the game where even if you aren't in front of family when they die, you get sad just knowing they have passed.
    Fizzstix wrote: »

That's not true, @DatSubmarineYourLookingFor, they updated the game where even if you aren't in front of family when they die, you get sad just knowing they have passed.

Oh- that's annoying. I mean, it's more realistic, I guess.
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• snapun_simssnapun_sims Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Luclylu said:
    > snapun_sims wrote: »
    >
    > Hi, guys! I have a question about death of one of my 100 baby challenge children. If he grew up into young adult and died just after his birthday because of embarrassing moodlet (without moving out the house), should or should't I count this kid as one of 100 (or not). Thanks!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I would think it counts since they died as a young adult. I’ve had that happen a lot in other saves. I found waiting until the angry or mortified moodlet went away before aging the teen up. I just had to do that in my challenge to avoid her dying after she aged up.

Thank you! I have no idea how that happened (I mean that stupid death coz of moodlet), I just didn't know the moodlet can be a cause of death. Wow, that was a shock to me. You really made me feel better saying that kid counts.
    Fizzstix wrote: »

Oh- that's annoying. I mean, it's more realistic, I guess.

I agree it's annoying. I couldn't figure out why baby 5 and my matriarch were sad and it's because the baby daddy died.
    I've also just posted chapter 3 over on my blog!

Chapter 3 - Romance Festival
  • Peacockgirl24Peacockgirl24 Posts: 8 New Member
    What do I do if the mom dies of hysteria? Do I have to start over?
  • Ashley745Ashley745 Posts: 297 Member
    What do I do if the mom dies of hysteria? Do I have to start over?

Depending on where you are at in the challenge, I would assume you could continue with one of the children still in the household. Do you have any female teens that are close to reaching young adult?
    Check out my stories
    Andrews Legacy (Currently on Gen 3)
    Christy's 100 Baby Challenge
    Robinson Collab Legacy (Currently on Gen 2)
  • Peacockgirl24Peacockgirl24 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Ashley745 said:
    > Peacockgirl24 wrote: »
    >
    > What do I do if the mom dies of hysteria? Do I have to start over?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Depending on where you are at in the challenge, I would assume you could continue with one of the children still in the household. Do you have any female teens that are close to reaching young adult?

No they were children and toddlers. Should I Play as the household that adopted them and age them up then have the older kids rise them?
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Peacockgirl24 - oh my. Did you exit without saving or do you have a previous save before all the hysteria?
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    Hey all! I've made one attempt at this challenge before, but fizzled out from the stress of it. It's HARD having lots of toddlers at once! Lol.
    I've decided to try again. Yay.
    > @Ashley745 said:
    > Peacockgirl24 wrote: »
    >
    > What do I do if the mom dies of hysteria? Do I have to start over?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Depending on where you are at in the challenge, I would assume you could continue with one of the children still in the household. Do you have any female teens that are close to reaching young adult?

No they were children and toddlers. Should I Play as the household that adopted them and age them up then have the older kids rise them?

Continue playing until the youngest female daughter ages up, then continue the challenge. (If I'm remembering correctly, it's supposed to be the youngest, right?)
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

@DatSubmarineYourLookingFor - yes, it is the youngest.
    edited August 2018
    Hi everyone! I have a few chapters up on my blog for the 100 Baby Challenge. Getting a lot of the background stories done before that first baby comes along.

I guess I just posted one chapter here, so here is the next one. Thanks for reading :)

Couples Meeting #1 - The Fengs
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Hey guys, I didn't have a functioning laptop so could not play Sims 4 to update my challenges for a while but I don't think anything has been released that would require a major update to this challenge anyway. I'll make a note that you can visit Selvadorada following the same rules as Granite Falls and I don't have Seasons, but I don't see how it would impact the challenge in any significant way. I don't see any benefit to restricting holidays and whatnot that would otherwise make your family gameplay more enjoyable. :)
    Hi everyone! Continuing to post a few pre-chapters before the actual birth of the first baby. Another catch-up chapter for my dystopian 100 baby challenge.

https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2018/07/04/100-baby-challenge-2-melissa-collins-clinic-visit

phone_rang_it_was_lily.png
  • XxThat_SimmerxX3XxThat_SimmerxX3 Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi yall! So this is my second go at this challenge and I think I'm doing quite well. So far I have 6 kids and pregnant with..... TRIPLETS!! These will be my second lot of triplets (btw how I know this is because i have a pregnancy scanner, and also i dont even have the fertility reward!) so yeah, I will try to inform yall when I have my triplets! Hope your challenges are going well! Happy Simming! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top