Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    FewerNutriaFewerNutria Posts: 50 Member
    > @Eminik said:
    > Whelp. So much for my 70 kids. My game glitched or something and saved m fiance's game file over my 100 baby challenge file. It's gone. All 3 generations, all the kids. Both of my previous matriarch's ghosts. All of it. Poof. Don't feel like starting over now. Guess I'll work on an alphabet legacy before I restart this at some point... :(

WOW! That really sucks!
  • Options
    > @AlHollandiyah said:
    > Eminik wrote: »
    >
    > Whelp. So much for my 70 kids. My game glitched or something and saved m fiance's game file over my 100 baby challenge file. It's gone. All 3 generations, all the kids. Both of my previous matriarch's ghosts. All of it. Poof. Don't feel like starting over now. Guess I'll work on an alphabet legacy before I restart this at some point... :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That is plum! Why don't u start a new game with a new sim and start counting upwards from 70? You put in the work so it counts.

I agree!
  • Options
    EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    > @AlHollandiyah said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That is plum! Why don't u start a new game with a new sim and start counting upwards from 70? You put in the work so it counts.

I agree!

Because as much as I like the idea of that, I like seeing the family tree and I wanted the ghosts to make a ghost house. I thought it would be fun. So I'll just start over some day.
  • Options
    naniminnananiminna Posts: 463 Member
    Guys... I am so bored over here. I haven't been playing much because I'm running out of stuff for my matriarch to do. I have the house value at $330,000 after depreciation, so she needs 20k left for that, I need her to earn $50,000 more for the other wealth aspiration. I'm about to finish off nearly all of the aspirations and will eventually have to take the kids all out to outdoor retreat just to have something to do. She also nearly has every single trait. (Missing two career related ones, and maybe one other than that...) and she's still a young adult. She's pregnant with her 10th kid now. So I guess once she is done I'll need a kid to focus on... That or ill need to actually focus on ALL the collections, but I'm not much of a collector kind of girl. =/

• Options
    EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    @naniminna wow it sounds like you have been quite busy! I could never get that far in a 100 baby challenge. In my legacy, yes but not in this challenge. I wish you luck on getting through the rest of the challenge without going out of your mind!
  • Options
    Eminik wrote: »
    @naniminna wow it sounds like you have been quite busy! I could never get that far in a 100 baby challenge. In my legacy, yes but not in this challenge. I wish you luck on getting through the rest of the challenge without going out of your mind!

Thanks for the luck. I think everyone's play style is totally different. I'm one of those people who are skill and aspiration oriented. I don't enjoy the day to day family stuff as much as other people do. You seem to care about watching the family develop, but I'm just goal oriented. I don't care about that family stuff as much. My husband suggested I just do the millionaire achievement when I finish getting all the traits and aspirations I can done. Obviously aspirations like marriage, the computer geek or anything related to jobs or marriage is totally cut off from being done, so that does limit things a bit.
  • Options
    AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    edited February 2016
    @naniminna, what's your house like? Can you post pictures? How do you accomplish so much?

I got just ten kids from my first. My second is pregnant with her fourth, so number 14 for the challenge. My first didn't finish any aspirations. She had the fishing one and didn't make it. My second has the painting one and I don't think there's any way she'll make that.

And as a side note, I've had no multiples with those thirteen pregnancies and kind of feel like I never will.
  • Options
    RecursiveAcronymRecursiveAcronym Posts: 41 Member
    > @naniminna said:
    >
    > @naniminna wow it sounds like you have been quite busy! I could never get that far in a 100 baby challenge. In my legacy, yes but not in this challenge. I wish you luck on getting through the rest of the challenge without going out of your mind!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks for the luck. I think everyone's play style is totally different. I'm one of those people who are skill and aspiration oriented. I don't enjoy the day to day family stuff as much as other people do. You seem to care about watching the family develop, but I'm just goal oriented. I don't care about that family stuff as much. My husband suggested I just do the millionaire achievement when I finish getting all the traits and aspirations I can done. Obviously aspirations like marriage, the computer geek or anything related to jobs or marriage is totally cut off from being done, so that does limit things a bit.

Yeah I think I'm more like your playstyle; generally I focus on skills and aspirations. I don't really have any goals, though, just a series of perpetually half-finished ideas. I've never really tried to do any collections, though, either, but I would like to try. At least the element one.
    Recursive%20Acronym%20Sims%20Banner_zpsmhx4ohyu.png
  • Options
    @naniminna, what's your house like? Can you post pictures? How do you accomplish so much?

I got just ten kids from my first. My second is pregnant with her fourth, so number 14 for the challenge. My first didn't finish any aspirations. She had the fishing one and didn't make it. My second has the painting one and I don't think there's any way she'll make that.

And as a side note, I've had no multiples with those thirteen pregnancies and kind of feel like I never will.

My second generation matriarch is doing well for a variety of reasons. Her mother didn't start producing children until she was an adult so then she could work on writing and get that aspiration complete. Once the foundation for the house and the cash was set, along with some traits to help her to accomplish more things, I went on to painting, and so on... I kept her first son Ezekial to get a job and help with the children. I didn't age him up quickly as to keep him as long as possible. He along with his mum built up enough cash to buy the best beds, the best toilets and fridge oven/etc. And when that was done, I had various teenagers along with Ezekial upgrade every single thing before the second matriarch was even born. Once Isabella became a child, I had her working on skills and aspirations right away that way she could get a head start on getting her traits. Another thing that I did was buy sleep replacement potions with EVERY child's aspiration points and put them in the fridge before they moved out.

Isabella had around 30ish sleep replacement potions and I failed to understand the best way to work a kid, so the third generation will get a better start over all. But she got nearly every kid trait to start except the one related to whiz kid. =/ As a teenager I had her complete the writing and painter aspirations and never let her sleep. I didn't have to. She also worked on cooking. I didn't focus as much on her education because I didn't need to age her up quickly and there is no benefit since she cannot get a job anyways. Once she finished her writer and painter aspirations she was in progress on her music one when she aged up to young adult. Between getting the most useful traits first, the hygiene, bladder, hungry, weary, beguile, etc, I just make sure I get her pregnant before I work on her aspirations. And rather than work on skills specifically I focus on what aspirations say to do.

Pics of the house...Ugh... it's so bland and boring, but it has everything they need thus far, so that's good enough for me. I have just recently added pictures, curtains and things... but you can't really see that here... and the bassinet really doesn't go in the kitchen, but Isabella happened to give birth in the kitchen while I was getting her to unlock the grilled cheese aspiration.

k7oQYlw.jpg

W2CGX8U.jpg

Fum3BZd.jpg

DJCGlsS.jpg

4uukkA4.jpg

G0S4SFW.jpg

LzWS0WA.jpg

• Options
    Your house is amazing! I never thought of most of those ways to accomplish so much, not beyond keeping someone at home. My matriarch's older brother lives with them, has a job, and helps. Even with that and a large garden I haven't reached 30 thousand. I sort of want to save enough money and move them into a big, premade house, just for something different.

I also work a bit on maintaining relationships with those who have moved out, mostly by inviting them over. That way they also help with babies.
  • Options
    cherrycat777cherrycat777 Posts: 58 Member
    Oh boy, its been a while since I posted on here. A lot has happened. Brooke and Savannah moved out. Ginevra is a kid. Welcome to my first set of twins- Ron and Arthur! They are kids now. I got get together!!! Now the family is in the 'Baby Butterflies' club and had their first club gathering at the clubhouse in Windenburg I made for them. And I just left the sims 4 with Luna coming back from the hospital (I don't have get to work) with another set of twins! Their names are Albus and Cho. If you noticed, I am a Harry Potter fan, so that's why most of these names are from that series! Happy Simming!
  • Options
    > @cherrycat777 said:
    > Oh boy, its been a while since I posted on here. A lot has happened. Brooke and Savannah moved out. Ginevra is a kid. Welcome to my first set of twins- Ron and Arthur! They are kids now. I got get together!!! Now the family is in the 'Baby Butterflies' club and had their first club gathering at the clubhouse in Windenburg I made for them. And I just left the sims 4 with Luna coming back from the hospital (I don't have get to work) with another set of twins! Their names are Albus and Cho. If you noticed, I am a Harry Potter fan, so that's why most of these names are from that series! Happy Simming!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Hermione is now a teen. :smile:
  • Options
    UrfliesareundonUrfliesareundon Posts: 9 New Member
    Update on my progression.

Jade died, Dynamite has had a score load of children. For a while I had a run of just having boys. Buzz was her first child, then came along Calum, Bronze, twins Topaz and Illumini, then Lucas, Tanker, Mario, Titch, Jed and finally a girl Rhinestone, then another set of twins Astro and Sylvestor and just now a girl named Bow. The second lot of twins are identical, can`t tell which is which and they have ginger hair which I have no idea came from as the dad hasn`t got ginger hair.

Alot of Dynamite`s siblings have died. About four remaining now.

37/100 (She`s pregnant with No.37)
  • Options
    RRR24RRR24 Posts: 38 Member
    I just restarted this challenge with my new sim, Skyler Fox. Last time i tried to complete it, my saves got erased when i had 30 babies with Nicolette Lockwood.
  • Options
    > @cherrycat777 said:
    > Oh boy, its been a while since I posted on here. A lot has happened. Brooke and Savannah moved out. Ginevra is a kid. Welcome to my first set of twins- Ron and Arthur! They are kids now. I got get together!!! Now the family is in the 'Baby Butterflies' club and had their first club gathering at the clubhouse in Windenburg I made for them. And I just left the sims 4 with Luna coming back from the hospital (I don't have get to work) with another set of twins! Their names are Albus and Cho. If you noticed, I am a Harry Potter fan, so that's why most of these names are from that series! Happy Simming!

I love Harry Potter! You need to add Fred & George for you next set of twins (:. Oh! And, Padma and Parvarti too!
  • Options
    > @FewerNutria said:
    > > @cherrycat777 said:
    > > Oh boy, its been a while since I posted on here. A lot has happened. Brooke and Savannah moved out. Ginevra is a kid. Welcome to my first set of twins- Ron and Arthur! They are kids now. I got get together!!! Now the family is in the 'Baby Butterflies' club and had their first club gathering at the clubhouse in Windenburg I made for them. And I just left the sims 4 with Luna coming back from the hospital (I don't have get to work) with another set of twins! Their names are Albus and Cho. If you noticed, I am a Harry Potter fan, so that's why most of these names are from that series! Happy Simming!
    >
    > I love Harry Potter! You need to add Fred & George for you next set of twins (:. Oh! And, Padma and Parvarti too!

Yes, I totally should! They slipped my mind when the babies were born... shame on me lol!
  • Options
    @FewerNutria
    I am thinking of naming a child Lavender as well. Maybe Draco, and probably Severus too. Maybe Neville??? I don't know if I would like the name Neville for a sims 4 child though, as much as I like the book character...
  • Options
    I downloaded the cast of Harry Potter and put them in an empty house. Malfoy was a baby daddy for me.
  • Options
    > @AdelaideMann said:
    > I downloaded the cast of Harry Potter and put them in an empty house. Malfoy was a baby daddy for me.

Wow! Good idea
  • Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    Hi! I'd like some input on this. If people feel recreating an old file would be cheating I won't continue the challenge but here's the question.

I recently tried to reinstall old Sims 3 files, one of which was a Baby Daddy 100 BC, and it was corrupted to the point of crashing constantly so that I couldn't even play it long enough to try and save sims. I'm still gathering files and testing them but it seems most of the files for the current baby mommas at the save time are unattainable now.

Do you think it would be cheating to count children that got lost? I'd basically be recreating the kids, which were born, and using cheats put them at skill level and life-stage they were at and then playing them on through. I'm not sure if I can do it or not yet but I am considering it if it wouldn't break the rules. Thanks for your thoughts.
  • Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    Oh and the kids that had reached young adulthood mostly are lost too so would they still count?
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    JLBDreamer wrote: »
    Oh and the kids that had reached young adulthood mostly are lost too so would they still count?
    I would say go for it. You played those hours and it is awful to loose so much data. If you do recall all the kids that were lost in the corrupt data and want to recreate them, more power to you. That is just my opinion, as I am not the creator of the challenge. I have completed it though.. and kind of thinking of doing it again. LOL
  • Options
    iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    I've decided to finally get back at this but what I'm going to do is move my current household (totally full with 8 sims) into a new save and continue from there because my current save is way too laggy/slow to load the household and I think it's just way too bogged down in general. I think this was partly because I used to use MC Command pregnancy module and basically all the moved out kids were getting married and having kids of their own etc. and there's a lot of sims in the save.

This way I can have a fresh start but kind of continue where I left off (at ~baby 70). I'm going to demolish their house in my laggy save first so I know how much money to give them altogether in my new save, but right now I've been sat in front of a load screen for what feels like an hour to load up the household which is just completely frustrating and why I figured this would be the best way to go about things. I'm going to start off with a save I've completely emptied of lots and sims and just add lots in as I need them this time around and also thanks to MC Command's population module seriously limit townie generation.

Also after this I'm going to build them a new house because I feel like after such a big haitus from the challenge I want to play with a completely new setting. I can't wait to get back to playing a challenge after just regular game play and building for the past few months, sad to have to lose my family tree after getting this far though :):(
  • Options
    ScalesofGreyScalesofGrey Posts: 183 Member
    Hey guys! First time posting here. I recently started the 100 Baby Challenge (currently on Baby #05).

Since Romantic Garden SP is coming out today, I'm wondering: Will any children granted by the wishing well (if it works like the one in Sims 3) counts towards the total? I had looked at the Sims 3 rules but found nothing.
  • Options
    > @JLBDreamer said:
    > Hi! I'd like some input on this. If people feel recreating an old file would be cheating I won't continue the challenge but here's the question.
    >
    > I recently tried to reinstall old Sims 3 files, one of which was a Baby Daddy 100 BC, and it was corrupted to the point of crashing constantly so that I couldn't even play it long enough to try and save sims. I'm still gathering files and testing them but it seems most of the files for the current baby mommas at the save time are unattainable now.
    >
    > Do you think it would be cheating to count children that got lost? I'd basically be recreating the kids, which were born, and using cheats put them at skill level and life-stage they were at and then playing them on through. I'm not sure if I can do it or not yet but I am considering it if it wouldn't break the rules. Thanks for your thoughts.

I don't think it would be cheating @JLBDreamer because you did use your hard work to do the challenge

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top