Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• RhiLTCRhiLTC Posts: 20 Member
    I wasn't even aware of challenges like this until YouTuber Kelsey Impicciche (sp) started it, and man is it a lot of work! it's inspired me to come up with my own challenge as well as some architectural ideas for her final house -- she needs a giant cathedral-like wall to celebrate each one of her 101 babies (one passed away before adulthood) and a quaint graveyard for the, uh, veteran mothers.
  • maicemaice Posts: 167 Member
    I've just started this challenge! I am three babies in so far, but in my story, we're at number 1.
    If you're interested in joining me, I'm posting it up here: https://maicesims.wordpress.com/blog/catalinas-kids/
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    I am 72 babies into this challenge and I have my first death before they could be counted . . . and it was a child sim, no less! I have never seen a sim so determined to kill themselves in my game. Ever. First, little Greta refused to sleep. Then she refused to come in out of the cold. Then when all the kids were going to school she chose 30 minutes before departure to go for a swim and she drowned. Drowned! My matriarch couldn't get to the reaper fast enough to plead for her life (since she had two toddlers upstairs she had to deal with).

RIP Greta Finch-Broke. You were the only girl born this generation with 5.5 brothers in the house, but it seems you couldn't escape fast enough. :'(
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • EdeliniEdelini Posts: 14 New Member
    So I’ve been working on this challenge for a while now, by that I mean a few years. I’ve had to restart either to glitches, computer problems, didn’t realize I was cheating due to add ons, but I’m on my second gen of my current attempt. I have been wondering though if there have or has been any updates to the rules with the releases of the Island Living and the Realm of Magic? I don’t want to run into accidental cheating like I did with the vampires.
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    edited October 2019
    Edelini wrote: »
    So I’ve been working on this challenge for a while now, by that I mean a few years. I’ve had to restart either to glitches, computer problems, didn’t realize I was cheating due to add ons, but I’m on my second gen of my current attempt. I have been wondering though if there have or has been any updates to the rules with the releases of the Island Living and the Realm of Magic? I don’t want to run into accidental cheating like I did with the vampires.

I believe the rules have been simplified a lot to make it easier to read. Check out the Tumblr link in the original post and you'll see.
    Some of the rules that apply to those two are 'No part time jobs for the matriarch,' 'No job where you go to a rabbit hole location for the matriarch,' (i.e. Odd Jobs), 'No extending the life of the matriarch (through spells or potions),' and the inclusion of mermaids and spellcasters as occults.

Zl8Iuk9.jpg
    Chapter 3 is now out. More fun than the last two chapters because now the first of the children are involved!
  • chillyzgrrlchillyzgrrl Posts: 347 Member
    So, I actually gave up doing Let's Plays for my Brandie Newbie 100 Baby Challenge, but did finish it. All natural, without using the Occult bonuses. Took me 2 gens. Alll of the kids are up on the Gallery under my EA ID" chillyzgrrl.

But I decided to do a new one, this time as 100 Vampire Babies. This one, I'm blogging on my personal Sims blog.

VanessaB.jpg

This is my Vampire Matriarch, Vanessa Bartlett. She and her twin brother, Victor, are the last of the once great Bartlett Vampires. But their LIne has failed, due to a curse, and they must leave the vampire have of Forgotten Hollow forever... or until they lift the curse. The twist? Victor wants to be mortal, and to lift the curse, the twins must bring into being 100 vampire-born children from mortal sires. Which would be easy if Victor wanted to help mate with mortal women, but he doesn't. So Vanessa sets out for unsuspecting Brindleton Bay to look for equally unsuspecting victims... er, donors... er... yeah.

Her story begins here: Leaving Forgotten Hollow

• ZiwiZiwi Posts: 8 New Member
    chillyzgrrl, that sounds fun. Also interesting plot.
    Thank you, @Ziwi I'm having a lot of fun with the story. I just hope it doesn't get bogged down in a 'wash - rinse - repeat' cycle the further I gt into it.

The next chapter is up here, btw.

New Additions
    Catalina's story has updated!
    James can't even handle all these siblings... and he still has 97 to go.
    10-16-19_11-58-48-am.jpg
    @maice poor James!

Okay, I'm a couple of chapters behind in posting here... Vanessa's quest marches onward...

New Additions

The Struggle Is Real
    Growing Families
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    I had long break from this save, but I´m back to continue. My matriarch Cindy has developed her skills and her best skills at the moment are all food related like cooking, gourmet cooking and baking. She has almost maxed them all. Flower arranging and gardening are high skills too. I am trying to hurry gardening because from 8th level they can super sell harvestables and make much better profit from it. She has been very unlucky with money and is still struggling a lot. Every time she got extra money something breaks or there is fire to destroy everything. Basic bills are huge so this really has been great survival game lol. I have also focused on skilling and good development of the kids. The half alien twins Pluto and Venus have quite interesting combo of personality traits and skills coming. They are like opposite of each other, one is good and one is evil. Little Shoshana turned out to be successful mix of genes, she looks quite promising and I decided to focus on art with her.

They get their fun from watching movies together
    49001270421_e3cd61ac65_o.jpg

Shoshana had birthday

49000726013_ff11bc46f5_o.jpg
  • anashanash Posts: 86 Member
    Are we allow to try and Max out the toddler skills. It takes me three Sims days to get toddler skills up to 3 the only hard one for me is potty and 6 to Max them out. The rules say 3 just checking to make sure I'm following the rules.
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    Hi guys~
    I never realized there was a thread for this. Sweet! I started a save recently using a wheel to make decisions (Like UrbanSims is doing) and I thought I'd share it here. I post on my personal sims blog.

100 Baby Wheel of Misfortune: Chapter 1

I only have one baby so far but I feel like it's going well!
  • jessicalorelaijessicalorelai Posts: 11 New Member
    I started this challenge on October 4th. So I'm 1 month in today. Freya Venere (my Matriarch) is an Adult w/17 days to Elder and she has had 86 babies (and is pregnant currently). I feel pretty confident she can finish without passing the torch!

When she's done she's going to marry Patchy because without him she wouldn't be raking in the dough like she is (pro tip: get yourself a scarecrow and befriend it lol). Her gardening skill is maxed out but even still, he was helping tend the garden at times when she was too busy to do things like weed and spray for bugs. Plus, Patchy is one of only 3 of her 56 lovers (I've been taking pics of each one and putting them in a digital frame) that she's wanted to ask to be her SO.

She has a house with a value around 650k and over 2.7 million cash... and I've been using MCCC to give her YA kids cash so that when I'm done with her I can play them a bit (it's reallllly hard for me not to).

I always played with financial cheats and when I tried to not do it, it never went well, so I'm quite proud of myself lol!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    anash wrote: »
    Are we allow to try and Max out the toddler skills. It takes me three Sims days to get toddler skills up to 3 the only hard one for me is potty and 6 to Max them out. The rules say 3 just checking to make sure I'm following the rules.

Yes you are allowed. The 3 is just the minimum required if you want to age up tots early before their birthday
    Chapter 5 is here!
    Our first baby, Isaiah, is now a child.
    10-16-19_6-36-41-pm.jpg

@chillyzgrrl lol, James is the most miserable toddler I have ever encountered!
    @maice There's one in every bunch, isn't there? LOL!
    Okay, so I tried something a little different with this new chapter.

What Kind of a Name is Orange?

If you need caught up, the other chapters are all here.

Let me know what you think, okay?

• carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    I have updated!
    11-03-19_2-59-56%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Chapter 2: Vampire Babes
  • anashanash Posts: 86 Member
    After my weekend long binge playing of my 100 baby challenge. My count is at 15. When I started on Friday it was at 3. 9 boys and 6 girls so far and I need to start making some new donors. Everyone is currently either a teen or an elder and I don't use elders sense they pass so quickly and I can't deal with trying to build skills and the sadness.
    Chapter 6 is here!
    Child 4: Chaotic neutral?
    Baby #5 is born!
    10-20-19_5-32-10-pm.jpg
  • AnnoyedAndroidAnnoyedAndroid Posts: 2 New Member
    I've been thinking about this challenge since I saw a simmer try it on youtube, it looks hilarious and fun. Plus I've never really played much with kids and large families so, it'll be a new kinda challenge. I think I'm gonna start this weekend!
  • Erzsike2000Erzsike2000 Posts: 2 New Member
    I WINN THE GAME

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top