Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• shrubshrub Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi! I've always been interested in this challenge and I've attempted it multiple times, but I always have 2 major issues that hinder my progress;

1 - My game starts to get extremely laggy, I don't know if its because I have MC Command Center and all the babies being born are lagging my game? I turned down max sims and I have a pretty beefy computer aswell.

2 - Toddlers and babies are so hard! I can never keep up. I have over 2000 hours on Sims 4 and yet I still have no idea how to deal with toddlers!

Could I get any tips on these two issues?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    shrub wrote: »
    Hi! I've always been interested in this challenge and I've attempted it multiple times, but I always have 2 major issues that hinder my progress;

1 - My game starts to get extremely laggy, I don't know if its because I have MC Command Center and all the babies being born are lagging my game? I turned down max sims and I have a pretty beefy computer aswell.

2 - Toddlers and babies are so hard! I can never keep up. I have over 2000 hours on Sims 4 and yet I still have no idea how to deal with toddlers!

1. Some tips for lag... make sure that you delete your screenshots and recorded videos from their folders in the Sims 4 folder often. Maybe set MCCC to have babies less often. I also go through and delete the folder of things I've viewed in the gallery often, and when I'm in game, I often delete extra houesholds from Manage worlds to keep the numbers down. If you have a lot of CC maybe consider removing some as well, not sure if you do or not, I don't. In game settings, you can lower the quality and set yourself to play in windowed or windowed fullscreen load. Also, save often.

2. Toddlers and Babies CAN get hard. With toddlers, Keep fresh fruit and veggies in their inventory. THey can eat those really fast and get happy moodlets from doing so. do NOT have high chairs in your homes. Tots can eat anything your Sim makes. Just leave it on a counter or table for them.

Don't use the tablets... they raise skills so much slower than other actions.

Have an adult potty train them about 5 times in a row until they are level 2 (you can skip this if they roll the independent trait) so they can go on their own. This skill is best to get early on so they are no longer reliant on adult sims and so they don't get filthy as quick and won't need baths as often. Max the skill to level 3 as quick as possible too because again, it'll decrease needed bathing. (If one kid is on the potty, have a second tot "Watch Potty" by clicking on the first one to gain potty skills by watching... and have more than one potty)

Spam the "Watch" friendly interaction from a toddler. They can watch each other, watch adults, watch kids, watch whoever. This raises thinking super fast. Increased thinking skills decreases nightmares. So do nightlights. Have the Coolala defender nightlight if you can, it gets rid of monsters under the beds when they become kids.

Have a set of blocks. They can get movement and fun and thinking from them, and if they have someone teach them this goes up faster plus bonus, it's not just adults and teens that can teach them, kids can too! Kids can also help them increase imagination by performing puppet shows for them. Otherwise have them look at books or play with a toy for really quick imagination.

Communication, if you have them babble and "talk about princesses" or whatever, goes up super fast. They can talk to the Blarffy toys as well as to each other, so you don't have to have an adult.

Independent tots learn skills faster on thier own, where as clingy ones learn them faster with an adult present.

Fussy kids will need attention from their parent often.

When you get overwhelmed, get them to go to bed and deal with them one or two at a time. It doesn't matter if some sleep all day and they sleep in shifts haha.

2. Babies. Some cry more than others. If you've fed and diapered them, then make sure to "talk" to them as they need this often too. If they are still crying, it could just be a sad moodlet because someone in the family died (including people they've never met). If your other Sims had a sad moodlet for this reason lately, chances are your baby will too and you can't see what's causing it.

Do NOT allow babies to share a room with toddlers. If possible completely seperate them. Their cries will wake up anyone in the same room as them, including each other. Keep other Sims occupied when dealing with babies so they don't get in your way. Or put a lock on the door but sometimes when busy it's nice to have the other sims help, so your call.

3. Do NOT move out a young adult if there is no one else in the home that is at least a teenager. They can be super helpful dealing with tots and babies and more importantly, you need at least a teen in your home if your matriarch was to suddently die from emotion, weather, fire or anything else. If you don't have a teen or older in the home and this happens, the kids and under will be taken away and you will lose the challenge. *Note... even though the young adult can be super helpful with the tots, they won't gain "attention" from the young adult who reads/bathes they only get that from their main caregiver with these interactions.

4. Have your matriarch complete as many aspirations as you can. Some you'll not be able to complete because they require job related stuff. But once she can get the "never weary" trait and stay up all night you are golden. Also have her get high charisma, it makes finding baby dads so much easier, and level 4 writing means she can write love letters to potential fathers and increase the relationship with them from home while dealing with toddlers. She can write a love letter every Sim hour.

As your matriarch gets more reward traits and doesn't need to worry about money any more it gets sooo much easier.

• IrishDashhunIrishDashhun Posts: 60 Member

1. Some tips for lag... make sure that you delete your screenshots and recorded videos from their folders in the Sims 4 folder often. Maybe set MCCC to have babies less often. I also go through and delete the folder of things I've viewed in the gallery often, and when I'm in game, I often delete extra houesholds from Manage worlds to keep the numbers down. If you have a lot of CC maybe consider removing some as well, not sure if you do or not, I don't. In game settings, you can lower the quality and set yourself to play in windowed or windowed fullscreen load. Also, save often.

2. Toddlers and Babies CAN get hard. With toddlers, Keep fresh fruit and veggies in their inventory. THey can eat those really fast and get happy moodlets from doing so. do NOT have high chairs in your homes. Tots can eat anything your Sim makes. Just leave it on a counter or table for them.

Have an adult potty train them about 5 times in a row until they are level 2 (you can skip this if they roll the independent trait) so they can go on their own. This skill is best to get early on so they are no longer reliant on adult sims and so they don't get filthy as quick and won't need baths as often. Max the skill to level 3 as quick as possible too because again, it'll decrease needed bathing. (If one kid is on the potty, have a second tot "Watch Potty" by clicking on the first one to gain potty skills by watching... and have more than one potty)

Spam the "Watch" friendly interaction from a toddler. They can watch each other, watch adults, watch kids, watch whoever. This raises thinking super fast. Increased thinking skills decreases nightmares. So do nightlights. Have the Coolala defender nightlight if you can, it gets rid of monsters under the beds when they become kids.

Have a set of blocks. They can get movement and fun and thinking from them, and if they have someone teach them this goes up faster plus bonus, it's not just adults and teens that can teach them, kids can too! Kids can also help them increase imagination by performing puppet shows for them. Otherwise have them look at books or play with a toy for really quick imagination.

Communication, if you have them babble and "talk about princesses" or whatever, goes up super fast. They can talk to the Blarffy toys as well as to each other, so you don't have to have an adult.

Independent tots learn skills faster on thier own, where as clingy ones learn them faster with an adult present.

When you get overwhelmed, get them to go to bed and deal with them one or two at a time. It doesn't matter if some sleep all day and they sleep in shifts haha.

2. Babies. Some cry more than others. If you've fed and diapered them, then make sure to "talk" to them as they need this often too. If they are still crying, it could just be a sad moodlet because someone in the family died (including people they've never met). If your other Sims had a sad moodlet for this reason lately, chances are your baby will too and you can't see what's causing it.

Do NOT allow babies to share a room with toddlers. If possible completely seperate them. Their cries will wake up anyone in the same room as them, including each other. Keep other Sims occupied when dealing with babies so they don't get in your way. Or put a lock on the door but sometimes when busy it's nice to have the other sims help, so your call.

3. Do NOT move out a young adult if there is no one else in the home that is at least a teenager. They can be super helpful dealing with tots and babies and more importantly, you need at least a teen in your home if your matriarch was to suddently die from emotion, weather, fire or anything else. If you don't have a teen or older in the home and this happens, the kids and under will be taken away and you will lose the challenge. *Note... even though the young adult can be super helpful with the tots, they won't gain "attention" from the young adult who reads/bathes they only get that from their main caregiver with these interactions.

4. Have your matriarch complete as many aspirations as you can. Some you'll not be able to complete because they require job related stuff. But once she can get the "never weary" trait and stay up all night you are golden. Also have her get high charisma, it makes finding baby dads so much easier, and level 4 writing means she can write love letters to potential fathers and increase the relationship with them from home while dealing with toddlers. She can write a love letter every Sim hour.

As your matriarch gets more reward traits and doesn't need to worry about money any more it gets sooo much easier.

I know this wasn’t meant for me but this is really useful stuff, like, I had no idea about the nightlights. Thanks 🙂
    Meep
    My 100 Baby Challenge Family Tree Is Here: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/trees/5d6818bcda480c00064447ea

I know this wasn’t meant for me but this is really useful stuff, like, I had no idea about the nightlights. Thanks 🙂

Yw! Glad you were able to pick up a tip too!
    edited August 2019
    Lol I’m confused, how do you post pics?
    Meep
    My 100 Baby Challenge Family Tree Is Here: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/trees/5d6818bcda480c00064447ea
    edited August 2019

You have to upload them somewhere. I use imgur to upload and then you post the bb code link here.

You have to upload them somewhere. I use imgur to upload and then you post the bb code link here.

Oh ok that makes sense, thanks.
    Meep
  • 10KSelections10KSelections Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! First time posting on the forum. I've been working on the challenge in my base game (+the holiday pack) since mid-June, and got to 88 babies before my prime matriarch aged up. (Guess the game got tired of me cheesing her birthday and aged her up right after a failed pregnancy test and before she and the donor could get back to the bed for another attempt.) In her 340 days of fertility, Rochelle Danssh (a variation on my own name) has had 43 sons and 45 daughters (alphabetical names so it was easier to keep track of numbers). I've uploaded the majority of my adult and young adult sons to the gallery, though since I'm not sure how to turn off aging for my offspring, I've lost a lot of kids (about 70% I think) to old age throughout my challenge thus far. (So far, only three of my sons got to be too old before I could make a set of 8 with them.)

I was looking for some advice with getting my next matriarch - the 87th toddler, Sybil - up to speed. While I'd like to try to get her to young adult hood before her relatively healthy mother dies of old age, I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to take the time to build upon any other skill related traits before aging her up. (So far I've only followed the basic requirements of 3 for each toddler skill, and I only work on finishing child aspirations they aren't A students by the weekend.)
    Hello! First time posting on the forum. I've been working on the challenge in my base game (+the holiday pack) since mid-June, and got to 88 babies before my prime matriarch aged up. (Guess the game got tired of me cheesing her birthday and aged her up right after a failed pregnancy test and before she and the donor could get back to the bed for another attempt.) In her 340 days of fertility, Rochelle Danssh (a variation on my own name) has had 43 sons and 45 daughters (alphabetical names so it was easier to keep track of numbers). I've uploaded the majority of my adult and young adult sons to the gallery, though since I'm not sure how to turn off aging for my offspring, I've lost a lot of kids (about 70% I think) to old age throughout my challenge thus far. (So far, only three of my sons got to be too old before I could make a set of 8 with them.)

I was looking for some advice with getting my next matriarch - the 87th toddler, Sybil - up to speed. While I'd like to try to get her to young adult hood before her relatively healthy mother dies of old age, I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to take the time to build upon any other skill related traits before aging her up. (So far I've only followed the basic requirements of 3 for each toddler skill, and I only work on finishing child aspirations they aren't A students by the weekend.)

I’m currently working on getting toddlers skills up, it makes them happier and I find it easier to play when their aspirations are full, and I think they do slightly better in school and learn skills slightly faster when they are adults or it just might be me. Hope this helps you a bit, I think other people will know more than me though lol.
    Meep
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    @SimAlexandria When you were on your 2nd gen, how did you come up with the baby's names? did you throw a dart at a map? :D
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    @SimAlexandria When you were on your 2nd gen, how did you come up with the baby's names? did you throw a dart at a map? :D

Haha no i sat down one day and scribbled down a list of like 100 places that could sound like names i could think of from the top of my head. And then when a kid was born I referred back to the list and randomly chose the one i happened to like best in the moment 😂
  • Zora1327Zora1327 Posts: 89 Member
    edited August 2019
    I haven't been posting for two days because I needed a break... It was the middle of Winterfest, but I was too busy to post by this time. Angelina & Brianna were born, and Noah & Tobias aged up to teens. Edit: I almost forgot to say there was a fire (on the trashcan that makes money...) The fireplace was right next to it, but I installed fireguard, so I'm not sure what happened? I also wanted to have a baby with Father Winter, but I realized the household was full ):

Update for 8/28/2019:
    Only 1 matriarch so far: Adrianna Sutherland with 36 children so far.
    Mother: N/A, Father: N/A
    Not pregnant
    Adrianna has approximately 21 days into elderhood?
    They live in their second house.
    Children so far:
    27 children moved out
    2 teens (Tobias & Noah)
    1 child (Vera)
    2 toddlers (Messiah & Zara)
    2 babies (Angelina & Brianna)
    36 human species
    0 alien species
    0 mermaid species
    (I don't have Vampires)

That's it for day before yesterday.
    Post edited by Zora1327 on
    Vera aged up into a teen, and Noah & Tobias aged out, so now Adrianna can be pregnant again. Messiah & Zara aged up to children, and Angelina & Brianna aged up to toddlers.

Update for 8/29/2019:
    Only 1 matriarch so far: Adrianna Sutherland with 36 children so far.
    Mother: N/A, Father: N/A
    Pregnant with Diego Lobo's baby.
    Adrianna has approximately 19 days into elderhood
    They live in their second house.
    Children so far:
    29 children moved out
    1 teen (Vera)
    2 children (Messiah & Zara)
    2 toddlers (Angelina & Brianna)
    0 babies
    36 human species
    0 alien species
    0 mermaid species
    (I don't have Vampires)

That's it for yesterday so far.
    I never know when I'm going to play the Sims 4, lol. I also have mods turned off, so I'm not sure when to use them for the challenge, or my story saves. :|
    Lol. Since I like to write stories, in the second gen, maybe I can make the names some of my characters' names. (Noah is one of my character's names lol and two of my triplet daughters, Ruby & Daphne.)
    Zora1327 wrote: »
    I never know when I'm going to play the Sims 4, lol. I also have mods turned off, so I'm not sure when to use them for the challenge, or my story saves. :|
    Lol. Since I like to write stories, in the second gen, maybe I can make the names some of my characters' names. (Noah is one of my character's names lol and two of my triplet daughters, Ruby & Daphne.)

I write a lot too but that's how I play when not doing 100 baby. All my characters are sims in my rotational save haha 😂
    Tree & Violet moved out.

Lake & Hail became young adults. Lake also moved out
    Eb4pTIT.png

Volcano became a child
    58sEozh.png

Rock became a toddler
    oqurSgl.png

Tonga gave birth to babies 82 & 83 (Twin boys named Sun and Rain)

She is pregnant with 84.

8 of our last 9 kids have been boys!
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @SimAlexandria - Wow, you're so close to finishing the challenge. Congrats! Love the pics of the kids. They are so adorable. Are Lake & Hail on the Gallery?
    edited August 2019

I write a lot too but that's how I play when not doing 100 baby. All my characters are sims in my rotational save haha 😂

Cool! XD I'm not sure if I'm able to use all my characters' names for my children. I think I have more than a 100 characters in total :P So I'll use the names of the characters I like most, and the main characters. And the reason I have mods turned off, because before, I used MC cheats before, but then at some point, the Sims 4 wouldn't load, and it wouldn't close, either, so I had to shut down the computer. Then I took the MC packages out of my folder, because they were the only mods at the time, and then the Sims 4 was normal. It was my first time doing MC cheats (6.3.0), so I wasn't sure what happened, but I realized I needed the new version that was compatible with the update. But then the new updates turned the mods off, so I haven't used them since. I thought about turning them on now, but I recently downloaded the pregnancy aging mod (along with pregnant women dying), and I didn't want to use the mod during the challenge, maybe for the next 100 baby challenge if I do one.
    I'm not sure why I was talking about mods, lol, thought you wanted to know :p
  • playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    Recently started this challenge myself. This is the first challenge I've ever participated in the Sims series and it is also the first time playing without cheats and let me tell you, it is really hard. The way I approach it is have my matriarch take care of 2 sets of twins at a time. I'll have the first set age up to children before getting her pregnant with the next set.

After reading the thread, no to tablets. I rely way too much on them and that I need to have fresh fruit and veggies in their inventory at all times. OK, got it. Overall, I'm having loads of fun with this challenge. My only concern is I might end up failing the challenge. My matriarch keeps giving birth to boys and/or it might end up taking me more generations just to complete it.
    @SimAlexandria - Wow, you're so close to finishing the challenge. Congrats! Love the pics of the kids. They are so adorable. Are Lake & Hail on the Gallery?

Thanks! And they will be but not yet. Everytime I get eight male young adults I throw them into the gallery as one household for anyone to download as baby dad's haha. But if you just want the two of them I'll try to remember to upload them later tonight or tomorrow :)

Cool! XD I'm not sure if I'm able to use all my characters' names for my children. I think I have more than a 100 characters in total :P So I'll use the names of the characters I like most, and the main characters. And the reason I have mods turned off, because before, I used MC cheats before, but then at some point, the Sims 4 wouldn't load, and it wouldn't close, either, so I had to shut down the computer. Then I took the MC packages out of my folder, because they were the only mods at the time, and then the Sims 4 was normal. It was my first time doing MC cheats (6.3.0), so I wasn't sure what happened, but I realized I needed the new version that was compatible with the update. But then the new updates turned the mods off, so I haven't used them since. I thought about turning them on now, but I recently downloaded the pregnancy aging mod (along with pregnant women dying), and I didn't want to use the mod during the challenge, maybe for the next 100 baby challenge if I do one.
    I'm not sure why I was talking about mods, lol, thought you wanted to know :p

Haha well I have mods turned off as well. Sometimes I play with them but with the hundred baby challenge I've quit using them. For one thing, using MCCC means all the other kids are getting married left right and centre and having kids of their own and then I don't know which men are related and which aren't when I'm looking for baby dads. For a second reason all these distant cousins and whatnot. The game is generating are turning into elders and dying and my Sims are forever sad for Sims that we had no idea were related and never met LOL. My third reason for turning it off is because I like to upload my kids to the gallery for others to use and it's a lot easier for people to find them if they aren't listed as being modded which they are even if just MCCC
    Recently started this challenge myself. This is the first challenge I've ever participated in the Sims series and it is also the first time playing without cheats and let me tell you, it is really hard. The way I approach it is have my matriarch take care of 2 sets of twins at a time. I'll have the first set age up to children before getting her pregnant with the next set.

After reading the thread, no to tablets. I rely way too much on them and that I need to have fresh fruit and veggies in their inventory at all times. OK, got it. Overall, I'm having loads of fun with this challenge. My only concern is I might end up failing the challenge. My matriarch keeps giving birth to boys and/or it might end up taking me more generations just to complete it.

you can take as many generations as you want to complete it, so that wouldn't be a fail. And you'll eventually get a girl LOL. Just make sure your matriarch isn't listening to Alternative or eating carrots because that produces a boy. also if you get too many girls in your World sometimes the game just starts generating boys. Delete a bunch of female townies from manage worlds and that should help. if worse comes to worse and you get your Sim to be an elder without having any girls, just adopt a girl and make her the next day air. She can't count as one of the 100 babies for your sim count if she's adopted, but you are allowed to adopt kids so I don't see why she couldn't be the heir
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member

Thanks! And they will be but not yet. Everytime I get eight male young adults I throw them into the gallery as one household for anyone to download as baby dad's haha. But if you just want the two of them I'll try to remember to upload them later tonight or tomorrow :)

@SimAlexandria Oh no worries on doing a special upload. I have downloaded both of your males of 8 and so have 16 in my game. I'm so excited to see who Londyn connects with. I really love Thunder and River. But all of them are great. I remember you had mentioned wanting Brody to download, I think of Londyn's kids. I'm so sorry I didn't put him on the Gallery sooner. I totally can if you're still interested. No worries if not...you may have your donors lined up since you're so close to finishing the challenge :)
    31/8/2019 Update

Yay! Four more children! We’ve had a single child and triplets so far.

Matriarch: May Tree Arch
    Total Children: 8
    Generation 1

M Micah YA (Moved Out)
    F/F Ruby & Sapphire TEEN
    F Lapis Lazuli CHILD
    M Jasper TODDLER
    F/F/M Peridot, Diamond and Topaz BABY

This is going to be hard with a full house and three constantly crying babies.
    Meep
    31/8/2019 Update

Yay! Four more children! We’ve had a single child and triplets so far.

Matriarch: May Tree Arch
    Total Children: 8
    Generation 1

M Micah YA (Moved Out)
    F/F Ruby & Sapphire TEEN
    F Lapis Lazuli CHILD
    M Jasper TODDLER
    F/F/M Peridot, Diamond and Topaz BABY

This is going to be hard with a full house and three constantly crying babies.

Wow, it took me until like 50 kids in before I got triplets haha.
    Also, I have a baby named Diamond but not in my 100 baby save file, in a diff one :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top