Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    Kabbac12Kabbac12 Posts: 16 New Member
    > @ExpectantHope said:
    > Lots more babies aged up and moved out since my last update. I'm down to 3 kids in the house at the moment and Ariel is pregnant, feels weird having such an empty house!
    >
    > Baby number 3. Joel Peac.ock. His dad is Dwayne Carman. Joel is good, a goofball, a music lover and has a high metabolism. His aspiration is to be a bodybuilder - although he's probably the skinniest kid in the family! He definitely looks like his dad.
    >
    >
    > Baby number 4. Leonardo "Leo" Peac.ock. His dad is Reginald Magee. Leo is evil, hates children, is a glutton and has the essence of flavour. His aspiration is to be a master mixologist. As his traits suggest, he's not the nicest person!
    >
    >
    > Baby number 5. Isla Peac.ock. Her dad is Vivek Stockton. Isla is good, outgoing, an art lover and a muser. Her aspiration is to be a musical genius. Isla was the loveliest kid, she always wanted to hug her siblings. I do think she's turned out the weirdest looking out of all of them so far though! I put quite a bit of makeup on her as a teenager, but changed her look quite a bit as a YA as I imagine her to prefer a more natural look.
    >
    >
    > Baby number 6. Aurora Peac.ock. Her dad is Alexander Goth. She's business savvy, a geek, a bookworm and an art lover. Her aspiration is to be a mansion baron. I think she's the perfect combination of her parents and I imagine her being a total girl boss! I adore her.

Wow your kids are so cute! And I live how you imagine their personality and describe their looks. There's definitely a mix of looks in your household. How do you upload your pictures?
  • Options
    > @ExpectantHope said:
    > Lots more babies aged up and moved out since my last update. I'm down to 3 kids in the house at the moment and Ariel is pregnant, feels weird having such an empty house!
    >
    > Baby number 3. Joel Peac.ock. His dad is Dwayne Carman. Joel is good, a goofball, a music lover and has a high metabolism. His aspiration is to be a bodybuilder - although he's probably the skinniest kid in the family! He definitely looks like his dad.
    >
    >
    > Baby number 4. Leonardo "Leo" Peac.ock. His dad is Reginald Magee. Leo is evil, hates children, is a glutton and has the essence of flavour. His aspiration is to be a master mixologist. As his traits suggest, he's not the nicest person!
    >
    >
    > Baby number 5. Isla Peac.ock. Her dad is Vivek Stockton. Isla is good, outgoing, an art lover and a muser. Her aspiration is to be a musical genius. Isla was the loveliest kid, she always wanted to hug her siblings. I do think she's turned out the weirdest looking out of all of them so far though! I put quite a bit of makeup on her as a teenager, but changed her look quite a bit as a YA as I imagine her to prefer a more natural look.
    >
    >
    > Baby number 6. Aurora Peac.ock. Her dad is Alexander Goth. She's business savvy, a geek, a bookworm and an art lover. Her aspiration is to be a mansion baron. I think she's the perfect combination of her parents and I imagine her being a total girl boss! I adore her.

Wow your kids are so cute! And I love how you imagine their personality and describe their looks. There's definitely a mix of looks in your household. How do you upload your pictures?
  • Options
    Expectanthope,

Wow your kids are so cute! And I love how you imagine their personality and describe their looks. There's definitely a mix of looks in your household. How do you upload your pictures?
  • Options
    Sorry for posting 3 times didn't realise and I can't edit as I'm not a member :(
  • Options
    ExpectantHopeExpectantHope Posts: 27 Member
    Kabbac12 wrote: »
    > @ExpectantHope said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Wow your kids are so cute! And I live how you imagine their personality and describe their looks. There's definitely a mix of looks in your household. How do you upload your pictures?

Thank you! I think imagining what they're like and making them a bit unique makes the challenge less repetitive! I use photojoiner.net to make the collages and imgur to upload :)
  • Options
    Do you think adding a dog to the household would be a good idea? I know it would ta,e up one space but tbh I can't really deal with 7 kids I think 6 would be my max. Should I get a dog?
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Do you think adding a dog to the household would be a good idea? I know it would ta,e up one space but tbh I can't really deal with 7 kids I think 6 would be my max. Should I get a dog?

You won't always have seven kids so don't forget, you can keep adults in the house to to help you out and earn money. And at moments when all your kids are child age and under it's good to have at least one young adults kept at home in case something were to happen to the matriarch so that you don't lose the game. Personally I wouldn't get a dog but honestly it's totally up to you and you are definitely allowed to
  • Options
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > Kabbac12 wrote: »
    >
    > Do you think adding a dog to the household would be a good idea? I know it would ta,e up one space but tbh I can't really deal with 7 kids I think 6 would be my max. Should I get a dog?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You won't always have seven kids so don't forget, you can keep adults in the house to to help you out and earn money. And at moments when all your kids are child age and under it's good to have at least one young adults kept at home in case something were to happen to the matriarch so that you don't lose the game. Personally I wouldn't get a dog but honestly it's totally up to you and you are definitely allowed to

Hmm tough choice now. I think your points are good but the thing I struggle with is generally having list of si s in the household I find it confusing and stressing so I'm probs gonna get a dog I totally agree with you on some points tho like it's good to have one YA in the household I will definitely keep that in mind thanks.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @Kabbac12 - Sure, get the dog. I dont' think 1 slot really makes that big of a difference. At the end of the day you could always get rid of the dog if you wanted to go from 6 kids to 7 kids. My matriarch had a dog and for me, dogs are almost worst than babies/toddlers with their excessive need to be petted or walked. So no pets for my household, but I did try it out.
  • Options
    1998Ruby19981998Ruby1998 Posts: 22 Member
    @Kabbac12 - Sure, get the dog. I dont' think 1 slot really makes that big of a difference. At the end of the day you could always get rid of the dog if you wanted to go from 6 kids to 7 kids. My matriarch had a dog and for me, dogs are almost worst than babies/toddlers with their excessive need to be petted or walked. So no pets for my household, but I did try it out.

Sometimes I like to lock my sim dog in a room so it can't ask to be petted or walked. :P
  • Options
    Finally get to re-design my house. Would like to post a picture here but I read the instruction and it's too complicated for my simple mind XD
    The exterior looks nice but I don't have enough money to get the second floor fully furnished :P
  • Options
    > @Sha2520032003 said:
    > @Kabbac12 - Sure, get the dog. I dont' think 1 slot really makes that big of a difference. At the end of the day you could always get rid of the dog if you wanted to go from 6 kids to 7 kids. My matriarch had a dog and for me, dogs are almost worst than babies/toddlers with their excessive need to be petted or walked. So no pets for my household, but I did try it out.

Yeh That what j was thinking if the dog ended up being a hassle I'll just put it up for adoption. I'm trying to get one with the independent trait as they walk themsekves
  • Options
    Has anyone got any tips for manging a household with 5 kid and a dog I'm finding just the kids really stressful. They are 2 Teens 2 Kids and 1 toddler also my sim is pregnant please help me!
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Has anyone got any tips for manging a household with 5 kid and a dog I'm finding just the kids really stressful. They are 2 Teens 2 Kids and 1 toddler also my sim is pregnant please help me!

Depending on your financial situation, and whether or not you have the luxury party pack, I use the buffet table quite often instead of cooking haha. For 250 simoleons you'll get enough food to feed a family of 8 for a week and you don't have to take any time to cook it haha we use our table all the time.
  • Options
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > Kabbac12 wrote: »
    >
    > Has anyone got any tips for manging a household with 5 kid and a dog I'm finding just the kids really stressful. They are 2 Teens 2 Kids and 1 toddler also my sim is pregnant please help me!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Depending on your financial situation, and whether or not you have the luxury party pack, I use the buffet table quite often instead of cooking haha. For 250 simoleons you'll get enough food to feed a family of 8 for a week and you don't have to take any time to cook it haha we use our table all the time.

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately I don't hsv e the luxury pack only pets and City Living
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    edited April 2019
    @Kabbac12 - I think it just takes time to get used to controlling a lot of kids. This challenge has its ups and downs, as it relates to how many Sims are in the house and what age. In the very beginning it's a struggle because of money and then of course the kids. & it's always a struggle when the kids are younger. But when the kids age up and you're able to move some out, you start to get a system of how to run your household.

Here's some of my tips: (1) always leave food out for out for the toddlers; don't even bother with that high chair as it doesn't work and you'll end up more stressed/frustrated. (2) for toddlers I usually work on movement (if there's stairs in the house) and potty first. The more independent my tots are the better for my matriarch (3) I usually have my child age Sims and teens do their homework as soon as they get home from school; & if they're able to do extra credit, I'll have them do that as well. (4) I age up my multi-Sims together, even if one is ready to age up earlier than the other; for example if I have twins or triplets, I always age them together, which means that if they're not all ready to age, you may have to wait for a bit until all are ready (5) If you have babies & toddlers, I usually have my matriarch sleep when the kids sleep (similar to real life); (6) For money, just starting out, I usually start with something easy such as painting or writing where you will see the profits sooner rather than later (7) for finding donors, I always have my matriarch have 1-2 donors already lined up, so that when I'm ready for her to get pregnant, I don't have to spend time building a romantic relationship. (8) last, I'll say is that I keep my household busy. Everyone is working on their skills or studies, etc. The faster I can age them and get them out of the house, the faster I can complete the challenge.

Not sure if you were looking for tips on a specific area of the challenge, but that's my overall tips for the challenge. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    > @Sha2520032003 said:
    > @Kabbac12 - I think it just takes time to get used to controlling a lot of kids. This challenge has its ups and downs, as it relates to how many Sims are in the house and what age. In the very beginning it's a struggle because of money and then of course the kids. & it's always a struggle when the kids are younger. But when the kids age up and you're able to move some out, you start to get a system of how to run your household.
    >
    > Here's some of my tips: (1) always leave food out for out for the toddlers; don't even bother with that high chair as it doesn't work and you'll end up more stressed/frustrated. (2) for toddlers I usually work on movement (if there's stairs in the house) and potty first. The more independent my tots are the better for my matriarch (3) I usually have my child age Sims and teens do their homework as soon as they get home from school; & if they're able to do extra credit, I'll have them do that as well. (4) I age up my multi-Sims together, even if one is ready to age up earlier than the other; for example if I have twins or triplets, I always age them together, which means that if they're not all ready to age, you may have to wait for a bit until all are ready (5) If you have babies & toddlers, I usually have my matriarch sleep when the kids sleep (similar to real life); (6) For money, just starting out, I usually start with something easy such as painting or writing where you will see the profits sooner rather than later (7) for finding donors, I always have my matriarch have 1-2 donors already lined up, so that when I'm ready for her to get pregnant, I don't have to spend time building a romantic relationship. (8) last, I'll say is that I keep my household busy. Everyone is working on their skills or studies, etc. The faster I can age them and get them out of the house, the faster I can complete the challenge.
    >
    > Not sure if you were looking for tips on a specific area of the challenge, but that's my overall tips for the challenge. Hope that helps.

Thanks for all the tips I'm going to start doing your donor tip because that's one of the thins I was struggling with.Also I agree with the high chair waste of time it's juts a struggle
  • Options
    CarlaplaysCarlaplays Posts: 36 Member
    My matriarch had twins! Audrianna and Aurora! Plus, Chris aged up!
  • Options
    CarlaplaysCarlaplays Posts: 36 Member
    > @Kabbac12 said:
    > > @Sha2520032003 said:
    > > @Kabbac12 - I think it just takes time to get used to controlling a lot of kids. This challenge has its ups and downs, as it relates to how many Sims are in the house and what age. In the very beginning it's a struggle because of money and then of course the kids. & it's always a struggle when the kids are younger. But when the kids age up and you're able to move some out, you start to get a system of how to run your household.
    > >
    > > Here's some of my tips: (1) always leave food out for out for the toddlers; don't even bother with that high chair as it doesn't work and you'll end up more stressed/frustrated. (2) for toddlers I usually work on movement (if there's stairs in the house) and potty first. The more independent my tots are the better for my matriarch (3) I usually have my child age Sims and teens do their homework as soon as they get home from school; & if they're able to do extra credit, I'll have them do that as well. (4) I age up my multi-Sims together, even if one is ready to age up earlier than the other; for example if I have twins or triplets, I always age them together, which means that if they're not all ready to age, you may have to wait for a bit until all are ready (5) If you have babies & toddlers, I usually have my matriarch sleep when the kids sleep (similar to real life); (6) For money, just starting out, I usually start with something easy such as painting or writing where you will see the profits sooner rather than later (7) for finding donors, I always have my matriarch have 1-2 donors already lined up, so that when I'm ready for her to get pregnant, I don't have to spend time building a romantic relationship. (8) last, I'll say is that I keep my household busy. Everyone is working on their skills or studies, etc. The faster I can age them and get them out of the house, the faster I can complete the challenge.
    > >
    > > Not sure if you were looking for tips on a specific area of the challenge, but that's my overall tips for the challenge. Hope that helps.
    >
    > Thanks for all the tips I'm going to start doing your donor tip because that's one of the thins I was struggling with.Also I agree with the high chair waste of time it's juts a struggle

Also, another tip is to download sims from the gallery when you run out of donors, it's way better than waiting for new sims to spawn
  • Options
    > @Carlaplays said:
    > My matriarch had twins! Audrianna and Aurora! Plus, Chris aged up!

Wow twins good luck in the toddler stage! I can just mange one toddler
  • Options
    > @Carlaplays said:
    > > @Kabbac12 said:
    > > > @Sha2520032003 said:
    > > > @Kabbac12 - I think it just takes time to get used to controlling a lot of kids. This challenge has its ups and downs, as it relates to how many Sims are in the house and what age. In the very beginning it's a struggle because of money and then of course the kids. & it's always a struggle when the kids are younger. But when the kids age up and you're able to move some out, you start to get a system of how to run your household.
    > > >
    > > > Here's some of my tips: (1) always leave food out for out for the toddlers; don't even bother with that high chair as it doesn't work and you'll end up more stressed/frustrated. (2) for toddlers I usually work on movement (if there's stairs in the house) and potty first. The more independent my tots are the better for my matriarch (3) I usually have my child age Sims and teens do their homework as soon as they get home from school; & if they're able to do extra credit, I'll have them do that as well. (4) I age up my multi-Sims together, even if one is ready to age up earlier than the other; for example if I have twins or triplets, I always age them together, which means that if they're not all ready to age, you may have to wait for a bit until all are ready (5) If you have babies & toddlers, I usually have my matriarch sleep when the kids sleep (similar to real life); (6) For money, just starting out, I usually start with something easy such as painting or writing where you will see the profits sooner rather than later (7) for finding donors, I always have my matriarch have 1-2 donors already lined up, so that when I'm ready for her to get pregnant, I don't have to spend time building a romantic relationship. (8) last, I'll say is that I keep my household busy. Everyone is working on their skills or studies, etc. The faster I can age them and get them out of the house, the faster I can complete the challenge.
    > > >
    > > > Not sure if you were looking for tips on a specific area of the challenge, but that's my overall tips for the challenge. Hope that helps.
    > >
    > > Thanks for all the tips I'm going to start doing your donor tip because that's one of the thins I was struggling with.Also I agree with the high chair waste of time it's juts a struggle
    >
    > Also, another tip is to download sims from the gallery when you run out of donors, it's way better than waiting for new sims to spawn

Yeh I'll propably have to do that soon
  • Options

It's not as stressful as having 3 toddlers and 4 babies (yeah, that's my first two hours in-game). I know food is going to be a real problem so I do gardening a lot. I put fruits and vegetables around the house so the toddlers can gain movement skills while filling their bellies. It's unwise to 'waste' proper food on toddlers because they get hungry easily anyway and food turns bad while plants never. For potty time, once the toddler sit down, you can cancel the sim's action and make your sim do something else even when the toddler is only potty level 1! So I always make sure they learn potty first so they can 'take care of themselves'. Teens are very helpful, make sure you 'utilise' them. I also picked a lot that has fishing spots nearby, so the children and teens can help earning me some simoleons while gaining skills.

I also stop the time once the children are back from school, this gives me opportunity to slow down, add them into a group and make them do homework together.
  • Options
    Julie85Julie85 Posts: 40 Member
    Argh one of my young adult died today

So I was able to age up Jason and Tegan my first born twins and also Sarah and Grace second lot of twins.Sarah however aged up then 5 minutes later died for anger :(

So now at home I have my 3rd set of twins Jack and Abby and Peter who are all children.

Mum is now on the hunt for the next baby daddy.
  • Options
    > @Julie85 said:
    > Argh one of my young adult died today
    >
    > So I was able to age up Jason and Tegan my first born twins and also Sarah and Grace second lot of twins.Sarah however aged up then 5 minutes later died for anger :(
    >
    > So now at home I have my 3rd set of twins Jack and Abby and Peter who are all children.
    >
    > Mum is now on the hunt for the next baby daddy.

Why was he so angry? Deosnt it take alot my them to die? My sims have never died from emotions but I kinda want one to is that bad? xD
  • Options
    SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member
    @Kabbac12 Mood swings xD adolescents can't die from them, but if you age up while they have one the YA can die easily, at least she still counted for the challenge @Julie85 D: but yeah, it's always hard to see them die like that

also, I don't know many tips that haven't been mentioned already, but I can say that if you want a really easy way to make money and you have Get to work: go fishing in Magnolia Promenade. Chances are that you'll catch at least one Dragon Fruit )i usually get 2-3 in one visit) and plant them in pots inside the house or in a little hothouse, just somewhere they get sheltered. 2500 simoleons a harvest and that's in normal quality xD

Also, this is a tip for players who want to get the matriarch pregnant ASAP but had the last baby past 11 PM: while sims will say they're sleeping when you ask them to come hang out, if you ask them on a date they will come AT ANY HOUR! I've have dates at 4 AM with no problem so this saves you a couple hours. Just choose you house as the date destination and get the deal done xD you even can sell the date rewards after

as for the kids, I honestly advice you to not use the "study hard" option, it doesn't make that much of a change for me and you'll just end with a bunch of stressed kids after school xD my kids always go with Normal, even sometimes Make friends if they're feeling lonely, and they come with a grade up every two days, they don't even do extra credit or school projects unless they took a negative hit in a question, and they come and leave the house at a pretty good pace

under the cut you'll have a couple of pictures of my current household!
    u1BNKeP.png
    it was the weekend and someone invited us to the spice festival, so we went, I like to take this chances to have Iris meet some new donors and the kids get to have some fun!
    diQVgHb.png
    See the donors? that blue-skinned guy is Brent, and the other vendor is also a male YA, so that's two more! Iris is currently having her way with the three Spa workers she met last week, but it's nice to have more lined up
    TlP3WzF.png
    Lavander is the last kid tto leave the house so far! she's an interesting sim xD Good was her first trait...and she has the Public Enemy aspiration
    Zcbkg4h.png
    and the current baby of the family is little Malachite! he's a cutie xD
    Iris is currently in her third trimester of another pregnancy, Things seem to be going at a good pace so far to me, this would be baby #15 ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top