Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Hi @ChelleJo I have to disagree with the theory of multiples being cancelled if you have the babies at the hospital if you have on ley line as a lot trait. Here are some photos to show what I tested.

47416764462_77461cfaf0_c.jpg
    32527904407_5b0df965bd_c.jpg
    32527904367_88bae8a14c_c.jpg
  • Julie85Julie85 Posts: 40 Member
    Would anyone happen to know why I can woo hoo with a man but not try for a baby?
  • gladlypantsgladlypants Posts: 122 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hello everyone! I haven't posted here in a little bit. I just started my third matriarch (below) named Valeera Khan, and I've decided to spice things up a bit for her this "season"...or at least as spicy as I am comfortable with haha. I built her a huge new kind of Moroccan/Mediterranean/Caribbean styled house (which I'll probably regret later because I hate all that side-scrolling, but at least the toddler room is downstairs!) because they have ridiculous amounts of money now. And I also built a crash-pad lodge style house (heavily inspired by HollieBB) for all the baby daddies to cycle through, just so it's easier for me to have access to all of them for introductions and flagging, etc. I'll move 8 in at a time, move them out once she's gotten with all of them. I think I'll also make a sort of crash-pad for children as they age up and move out as well. I've been saving up donors from the gallery for quite some time and decided to go with a mix of "incredibly handsome," weird, aliens, and vampires, and will allow same-sex donor for Valeera as well. I hadn't in the past because....immersion. But immersion is out the window this matriarch!! Hehe.

Putting some photos of Valeera's house under the spoiler, because I spent a week building the plum thing and I want to share it lol. And a few inside the crash pad.

tumblr_pos3w1n5Hs1vtsvjjo2_1280.jpg

Working in the garden, during her first pregnancy. She is on the second now.
    9dt3AhL.jpg
    P2mZKAO.jpg

This will also probably "get weird."
    5uAGyq2.jpg

Warning: Quite a few screenshots of just house stuff under the spoiler. (9 photos)
    From the street, in Oasis Springs northwest part of the map.
    tumblr_pow9wkTJTB1vtsvjjo1_1280.png

Dining, kitchen, entry (right-side foreground)
    tumblr_potqk6Rl7Y1vtsvjjo1_1280.png

Children's room
    tumblr_pos9117O3a1vtsvjjo1_1280.png

Study/club hangout room
    tumblr_pose36eQWX1vtsvjjo2_1280.png

Children's bathroom
    tumblr_poscu9SxKx1vtsvjjo1_1280.png

Master bedroom
    tumblr_posaf8mbIZ1vtsvjjo1_1280.png

The "Baby Daddy Crash Pad." I only spent 2 or 3 hours working on it, so it's pretty basic. I spent the majority of that time on the bathroom lol. (I added a bit more to it since this shot.)
    tumblr_poxvsfJG501vtsvjjo1_1280.png
    fsukQvL.jpg

Getting to know some of the future donors :)
    lAhvg7o.jpg

TB88pBc.png
    Gallery ID: gladlypants
    favorite gallery hashtag: #redditexchange
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
    Julie85 wrote: »
    Would anyone happen to know why I can woo hoo with a man but not try for a baby?

Is your household full? Usually the Try For Baby option will be there but grayed out, and when you mouse over it, it will tell you why that option is unavailable.
    TB88pBc.png
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • 1998Ruby19981998Ruby1998 Posts: 22 Member
    Started my 100 baby journey yesterday, don't think I can post pictures yet :P

Is your household full? Usually the Try For Baby option will be there but grayed out, and when you mouse over it, it will tell you why that option is unavailable.

No house has room for 2 more the option to woohoo for a baby not even coming up as an option
    Started my 100 baby journey yesterday, don't think I can post pictures yet :P

Welcome to the challenge

No house has room for 2 more the option to woohoo for a baby not even coming up as an option

Hmm. Is the man one you downloaded from the gallery? I would check under manage households/edit/CAS to see if he has any custom gender settings. Otherwise maybe try removing any cc and mods you might be using and/or Repair your game and see if that helps?
    TB88pBc.png
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Is your matriarch already pregnant somehow? I've had that happen a few times hahaha! Going through this so many times that I forgot she was already pregnant when I was trying for the next one LOL! Oops
    @gladlypants Beautiful pictures and family. Thanks for sharing!
    > @Julie85 said:
    > 1998Ruby1998 wrote: »
    >
    > Started my 100 baby journey yesterday, don't think I can post pictures yet :P
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Welcome to the challenge

Starting to feel the pain XD Had 2 sets of twins and now suffering from joy and torture. Luckily I started gardening so I can earn some money and save my sims from cooking too often.
  • brandnewquietbrandnewquiet Posts: 23 Member
    Update:
    My heir Lucy and her twin are now teens! One more high school "A" and responsibility trait away from starting Gen 2.
    Not sure if I should worry about her studying a bunch to age her up quick, or let her age up on her own and focus her teen years on making some guy friends her age and building relationships, as well as skills like painting and cooking that will come in much more handy for her destined future. Leaning towards the 2nd option. Thoughts?

ab5qa1.jpg

Left to right:
    Teen Isaiah, Teen Lucy (our heir), Young Adult George (writer), Young Adult Heidi, Young Adult Felix (George's twin, fitness instructor), Teen Katie (Lucy's twin), Teen Jeremiah

Great little family! I always go very slow with my heiress and let her get her skills as high as possible. I also try to fulfill the childhood aspiration to bank those aspiration points for later ( like to save up for help with hunger and sleepiness so she can do more parenting). My 3rd matriarch had completed multiple aspirations and had lots of skills by the time she aged into young adult. She has definitely been the most fun to play with!
  • SaldukeleSaldukele Posts: 29 Member
    > @gladlypants said:
    > Hello everyone! I haven't posted here in a little bit. I just started my third matriarch (below) named Valeera Khan, and I've decided to spice things up a bit for her this "season"...or at least as spicy as I am comfortable with haha. I built her a huge new kind of Moroccan/Mediterranean/Caribbean styled house (which I'll probably regret later because I hate all that side-scrolling, but at least the toddler room is downstairs!) because they have ridiculous amounts of money now. And I also built a crash-pad lodge style house (heavily inspired by HollieBB) for all the baby daddies to cycle through, just so it's easier for me to have access to all of them for introductions and flagging, etc. I'll move 8 in at a time, move them out once she's gotten with all of them. I think I'll also make a sort of crash-pad for children as they age up and move out as well. I've been saving up donors from the gallery for quite some time and decided to go with a mix of "incredibly handsome," weird, aliens, and vampires, and will allow same-sex donor for Valeera as well. I hadn't in the past because....immersion. But immersion is out the window this matriarch!! Hehe.
    >
    > Putting some photos of Valeera's house under the spoiler, because I spent a week building the plum thing and I want to share it lol. And a few inside the crash pad.
    >
    >
    >
    > Working in the garden, during her first pregnancy. She is on the second now.
    >
    >
    >
    > This will also probably "get weird."
    >
    >
    > Warning: Quite a few screenshots of just house stuff under the spoiler. (9 photos) (Spoiler)

Wow awesome house, I love all the plants surrounding it! You really must have spent hours on this :) My sim is a gardener too, so we really like nice gardens.
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member

Hmm. Is the man one you downloaded from the gallery? I would check under manage households/edit/CAS to see if he has any custom gender settings. Otherwise maybe try removing any cc and mods you might be using and/or Repair your game and see if that helps?

If this sim is downloaded from the gallery, maybe they were set to not be able to get sims pregnant ... ie.. infertile? I am not sure if the game randomly generates sims this way or not.
    Fizzstix wrote: »

If this sim is downloaded from the gallery, maybe they were set to not be able to get sims pregnant ... ie.. infertile? I am not sure if the game randomly generates sims this way or not.

Oh I didn't know that. I will check it out. All good tho she scored with another man. Baby 6 cooking as we speak.
    Hello everyone! I haven't posted here in a little bit. I just started my third matriarch (below) named Valeera Khan, and I've decided to spice things up a bit for her this "season"...or at least as spicy as I am comfortable with haha. I built her a huge new kind of Moroccan/Mediterranean/Caribbean styled house (which I'll probably regret later because I hate all that side-scrolling, but at least the toddler room is downstairs!) because they have ridiculous amounts of money now. And I also built a crash-pad lodge style house (heavily inspired by HollieBB) for all the baby daddies to cycle through, just so it's easier for me to have access to all of them for introductions and flagging, etc. I'll move 8 in at a time, move them out once she's gotten with all of them. I think I'll also make a sort of crash-pad for children as they age up and move out as well. I've been saving up donors from the gallery for quite some time and decided to go with a mix of "incredibly handsome," weird, aliens, and vampires, and will allow same-sex donor for Valeera as well. I hadn't in the past because....immersion. But immersion is out the window this matriarch!! Hehe.

Putting some photos of Valeera's house under the spoiler, because I spent a week building the plum thing and I want to share it lol. And a few inside the crash pad.

tumblr_pos3w1n5Hs1vtsvjjo2_1280.jpg

Working in the garden, during her first pregnancy. She is on the second now.
    9dt3AhL.jpg
    P2mZKAO.jpg

This will also probably "get weird."
    5uAGyq2.jpg

Warning: Quite a few screenshots of just house stuff under the spoiler. (9 photos)
    From the street, in Oasis Springs northwest part of the map.
    tumblr_pow9wkTJTB1vtsvjjo1_1280.png

Dining, kitchen, entry (right-side foreground)
    tumblr_potqk6Rl7Y1vtsvjjo1_1280.png

Children's room
    tumblr_pos9117O3a1vtsvjjo1_1280.png

Study/club hangout room
    tumblr_pose36eQWX1vtsvjjo2_1280.png

Children's bathroom
    tumblr_poscu9SxKx1vtsvjjo1_1280.png

Master bedroom
    tumblr_posaf8mbIZ1vtsvjjo1_1280.png

The "Baby Daddy Crash Pad." I only spent 2 or 3 hours working on it, so it's pretty basic. I spent the majority of that time on the bathroom lol. (I added a bit more to it since this shot.)
    tumblr_poxvsfJG501vtsvjjo1_1280.png
    fsukQvL.jpg

Getting to know some of the future donors :)
    lAhvg7o.jpg

Wow your house is amazing.
  • kurdanevakurdaneva Posts: 128 Member
    edited March 2019
    tumblr_pp09z8ja8X1w6cxwvo1_1280.pnj
    This took me AGES, but I finally played the 100 babies challenge (with some edits, I did it with ONE mother, who if she grew elderly, I'd fail). This was one of my favourite challenges to date and I had so much fun playing it. If you'd like to see this c r a z y game I played, you can read it all over here (let me just say, I killed every SINGLE handyman that came over, had an amazing immortal based romance and may have accidentally killed 1 kid.)

I'm madly in love with some of my sim children and may toss some in the gallery. Let me know if you like any of them, or wanna know any of my aesthetic CC's
    edited March 2019
    Well done
    Post edited by Julie85 on
    ^Great job! Did you do anything besides loads of pregnancies to keep your matriarch young? I only managed 12 kids before mine became an elder.
    @SimAlexandria may I ask how do you get your Sims video on Youtube without the black box? I have watch tons of videos but nothing seems to fix it I have a ugly black box around my videos.

Argh just wiped out my whole Sims 4 game play custom content the lot. I could cry. Goodbye all my challenges.
  • shorrasorenshorrasoren Posts: 23 Member
    > @Julie85 said:
    >
    > Argh just wiped out my whole Sims 4 game play custom content the lot. I could cry. Goodbye all my challenges.

It happened to me too it's so sad! Good luck with getting everything back (and discovering you have no idea how your favorite items are called...) :/
    5 hours into games, 1 teenager, 3 children, 3 babies (the crying doesn't stop!!!!). Let's see how long I can go before I turn insane.
    It was stressful but fun. Struggle a little on Simoleons, which is actually challenging because earning Simoleons is easy in Sim World.
  • kurdanevakurdaneva Posts: 128 Member
    @SimAlexandria I kept completing as many aspirations as possible and buying the elixir of youth. It grew harder and harder the more aspirations I finished, since you can't do any career based ones with the mother that aren't working from home! Very fun though, looking forward to the next challenge.
    5 hours into games, 1 teenager, 3 children, 3 babies (the crying doesn't stop!!!!). Let's see how long I can go before I turn insane.
    It was stressful but fun. Struggle a little on Simoleons, which is actually challenging because earning Simoleons is easy in Sim World.

I hate newborn stage my sims had twins then a set of triplets. I would rather a house full of toddlers.
    @SimAlexandria may I ask how do you get your Sims video on Youtube without the black box? I have watch tons of videos but nothing seems to fix it I have a ugly black box around my videos.

Argh just wiped out my whole Sims 4 game play custom content the lot. I could cry. Goodbye all my challenges.
    oh no I'm sorry to hear that you lost everything! Did you lose your save files too or just the custom content? As for the black box I'm sorry I don't know if I can help you because it just never shows up for me... So I've never tried to get rid of it. However I noticed sometimes when I film things on my phone it is there and then I can't figure it out. What are you using to film your challenges? I just use the windows game thing that pops up when you hit win G on a PC

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top