Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Allie01Allie01 Posts: 2 New Member
    HOW DO I GET STARTED
  • SholeeSholee Posts: 3 New Member
    I started this challenge last night and my 3rd pregnancy resulted in TRIPLETS. It's a crazyyy house with so many toddlers!! But i'm having fun in all this hectic-ness.
  • SassparellaSassparella Posts: 16 New Member
    > @ChelleJo said:
    > @Sassparella In the case of the missing father winter kids, yes, they still count, as it's an EA bug and out of your control. And yes, the bug was fixed in a patch, but if you saved your game with the child missing before the patch, the fix can not make a deleted sim reappear. So, the patch will stop if from happening again, but the sim is gone if it's been a while and you saved.
    >
    > But, with yours having already been an YA, they all will still count, even if they all disappeared.
    >
    > The challenge is to get the kids to YA stage, once that's done, they are counted in the total and then moved out and what happens after that has no effect on the challenge.

Great thank you for confirming that, though it's annoying that he's disappeared from the family tree. I play on Xbox so I don't think we have the fix yet as we haven't had an update for a while. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.
  • MaddyMcMoodyMaddyMcMoody Posts: 105 Member
    Hey! I started the challenge today and I think I already failed. I clicked on a baby with the shift tab on in a moment of weakness (god their crying is annoying) and there was a blank option and I clicked it out of curiosity and it made my child get taken away by social services. So I think I failed in a combination of the no-cheating and no-social services rule? (even if unintentional)

next question would be, what do y'all do when you fail? just continue? make one more baby so that I end up with 101 babies? Or start from the beginning?
    みんな自称ヒーロー
    嫌気がさすよ日替わり悪役
    CHANMINA
  • Hyunwoo_ssiHyunwoo_ssi Posts: 39 Member
    > @Ashleigh825 said:
    > Nicarra60 wrote: »
    >
    > I'm glad to see some rules for the 100 baby challenge. I've always wondered about that.
    >
    > Can you actually have 100 children in one blood line without having your game implode? I've always thought my game would bog down entirely with this challenge.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > In The Sims 3, it often caused complete meltdowns but The Sims 3 had Story Progression so if your matriarch had 20 children in her lifetime, one of those children would likely have 20 more for your challenge but then the other 19 children you moved out would also each have several children and the number of Sims could easily multiply into the thousands that way very quickly. With The Sims 4, at least you know that only one child will go on to have a lot of children and the others will just grow old and die childless unless you intervene.

That last sentence sounds so crule lol
    7a0f2c2cb0c019dac7b944eb17c7eea6.jpg
    monbebe8819 is my sims id.
  • felicia__nicolefelicia__nicole Posts: 38 Member
    Victoria has died :( She passed away around 2am. She birthed 23 children who mourn her loss. Violet will be her heir and is close to aging up to YA. She shares her mother's hair color, eye color and (luckily) aspiration for a big family! I've been working on getting her ready to take over for her mother, getting some of her skills up and meeting a lot of male sims. ;) Her older brother Tucker is staying at home to watch over Violet and her remaining siblings until Violet graduates.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Started my first 100 baby challenge, and I'm using Jack Harkness from Torchwood, lol. It's been super fun so far--7 down, 93 to go ;-P

Btw, whats the protocol on sharing stories/pictures? Should I post it here? Or make a different thread somewhere?
  • DCINSTALLS70DCINSTALLS70 Posts: 1 New Member
    How do I start this challenge? Are people logging their stats? Also what do you log? Is the honor system or is there a way that you know if someone is cheating? (I hardly ever use the cheat codes, my kids cheat all the time) I watched YouTube videos on this and it looked fun so I decided to try it. I even printed out the RULES. lol
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    Hey! I started the challenge today and I think I already failed. I clicked on a baby with the shift tab on in a moment of weakness (god their crying is annoying) and there was a blank option and I clicked it out of curiosity and it made my child get taken away by social services. So I think I failed in a combination of the no-cheating and no-social services rule? (even if unintentional)

next question would be, what do y'all do when you fail? just continue? make one more baby so that I end up with 101 babies? Or start from the beginning?

That's up to you but it sounds more like a glitch then anything. I know for myself that there has never been a blank bubble and I too, out of curiosity would of clicked, so I would just continue on.
    Victoria has died :( She passed away around 2am. She birthed 23 children who mourn her loss. Violet will be her heir and is close to aging up to YA. She shares her mother's hair color, eye color and (luckily) aspiration for a big family! I've been working on getting her ready to take over for her mother, getting some of her skills up and meeting a lot of male sims. ;) Her older brother Tucker is staying at home to watch over Violet and her remaining siblings until Violet graduates.

Congrats on finishing the first generation and starting the second! That's awesome!
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Started my first 100 baby challenge, and I'm using Jack Harkness from Torchwood, lol. It's been super fun so far--7 down, 93 to go ;-P

Btw, whats the protocol on sharing stories/pictures? Should I post it here? Or make a different thread somewhere?

It's up to you. Some share their photos here or, like I, have a separate wordpress account where I share my photos of the challenge.
    How do I start this challenge? Are people logging their stats? Also what do you log? Is the honor system or is there a way that you know if someone is cheating? (I hardly ever use the cheat codes, my kids cheat all the time) I watched YouTube videos on this and it looked fun so I decided to try it. I even printed out the RULES. lol

If you go to the first page it has a link to the rules. I'm logging my stats on a excel where I created a spreadsheet to track Matriarchs; each generations children, names, fathers, stats of births (singles, twins or triplets), whether they are male or female, traits, lifespan, species, and points. It all comes down to an honor system here. We don't know if you're cheating but are trusting you aren't. That's great! I created an excel spreadsheet but I'm someone who likes to keep track of everything. I even did the same for my legacy. Good luck!
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited January 2019
    @Luclylu Would you share your spreadsheet? I'd love a way to track all my progress, but not so great working inside excel.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • MaddyMcMoodyMaddyMcMoody Posts: 105 Member
    okay, I decided to go with a new attempt at the challenge because my first one was kinda botched both by me using the freerealestate cheat in the beginning (it somehow didn't occur to me that it was a cheat), and Ulises Muse, as beautiful as he was, was just not the born dad and the babies were intolerable around him for some reason. Though they're still intolerable around the new matriarch, Yanu - but she's keeping up MUCH better than her predecessor and has three teenagers already which I'm hoping to get out of the house soon to make more space (we're at 7 kids).

I wish I could post pictures but I'm still too new. They look awesome, except for the one dud son in Yanu's tribe - Oliver got scammed when the genetics were handed out, seriously.

Do your matriarchs also become very voluptuous? Yanu was already quite the full-bosomed and full-bootied lady to begin with, but now she's properly bulging out from all angles.
    みんな自称ヒーロー
    嫌気がさすよ日替わり悪役
    CHANMINA
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @FanPhoria - I usually post here but a lot of Simmers have blogs & provide links. It's really up to the person. Congrats on your first 7! Are they older are still in the toddler stage?
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    @Luclylu Would you share your spreadsheet? I'd love a way to track all my progress, but not so great working inside excel.

For sure! Here is the link to downloaded it -- CLICK HERE
    Let me know if there is any issues, it was my first time using dropbox and I opened a different internet browser then I usually use and tested it out and it seemed to work for me.
    Now I get to start over cause I had a brain glitch and deleted my save while getting rid of some of my unplayed saves....
    Luclylu wrote: »

Let me know if there is any issues, it was my first time using dropbox and I opened a different internet browser then I usually use and tested it out and it seemed to work for me.

Thank you! I opened it real quick, no problems whatsoever! :) Much appreciated :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • CarlaplaysCarlaplays Posts: 36 Member
    > @MaddyMcMoody said:
    > okay, I decided to go with a new attempt at the challenge because my first one was kinda botched both by me using the freerealestate cheat in the beginning (it somehow didn't occur to me that it was a cheat), and Ulises Muse, as beautiful as he was, was just not the born dad and the babies were intolerable around him for some reason. Though they're still intolerable around the new matriarch, Yanu - but she's keeping up MUCH better than her predecessor and has three teenagers already which I'm hoping to get out of the house soon to make more space (we're at 7 kids).
    >
    > I wish I could post pictures but I'm still too new. They look awesome, except for the one dud son in Yanu's tribe - Oliver got scammed when the genetics were handed out, seriously.
    >
    > Do your matriarchs also become very voluptuous? Yanu was already quite the full-bosomed and full-bootied lady to begin with, but now she's properly bulging out from all angles.

My matriarch also became really voluptuous, you're not alone there!
    Luclylu wrote: »

Thank you! I opened it real quick, no problems whatsoever! :) Much appreciated :)

You’re welcome! I’m glad someone else can enjoy it too! :smiley:
  • MoiratusMoiratus Posts: 6 New Member
    @Sha2520032003 Awesome. Thanks! I might start using that one to get some more variety. I got another klepto but rerolled because I just couldn't take having that many criminal children~!! Lol!
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    @FanPhoria - I usually post here but a lot of Simmers have blogs & provide links. It's really up to the person. Congrats on your first 7! Are they older are still in the toddler stage?

Thanks! I actually have three grown and moved out already ;-P And I'll think about the blog, but I dunno how much I'll actually end up posting, I just wanted to know where a good place might be if I feel the urge lol. The main thing is I love picsand I don't see anyone else posting any here, so I might link to a blog just for that :smile:
    FanPhoria wrote: »

Thanks! I actually have three grown and moved out already ;-P And I'll think about the blog, but I dunno how much I'll actually end up posting, I just wanted to know where a good place might be if I feel the urge lol. The main thing is I love picsand I don't see anyone else posting any here, so I might link to a blog just for that :smile:

You can start your own thread in the stories section and link here, but I wouldn't post a ton of pictures in this thread, as it's mainly just the rules and help area, with basic updates from simmers playing the challenge on their progress.

Blogs are pretty nice, too. But really, if you aren't sure how often you'd update, a thread on the forums would be good. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • anashanash Posts: 86 Member
    I just started this challenge. My question is can my matriarch hustle by selling paintings and producing music via music production skill or do I need to do just the one?
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    Hi all. I decided to try this. I have played it in the Sims 3 so will see how it goes in the 4th :smile: . You can read the whole updates in my blog here: https://babysprakle.home.blog/

This is my 100 baby momma, Cindy Princess Sparkle, chicken nugget soap opera loving romantic blond.

39966658433_c62e794a77_z.jpg
    31990157967_06db5bfeab_z.jpg
    46931129811_04be57dc8f_z.jpg
  • CarlaplaysCarlaplays Posts: 36 Member
    So one of my children (who's a teen) lost his homework and I can't find it. Is there any way I can get it back? I searched all around the house and couldn't find it.
  • anashanash Posts: 86 Member
    [quote="Carlaplays;c-16935856"]So one of my children (who's a teen) lost his homework and I can't find it. Is there any way I can get it back? I searched all around the house and couldn't find it.[/quote]

You can buy one off of the computer. Just go to order and click books and go to the top and click the drop down menu to sort the books and click on children. My Sims kids keeps leaving them somewhere and I can't find them.lol
    > @anash said:
    > I just started this challenge. My question is can my matriarch hustle by selling paintings and producing music via music production skill or do I need to do just the one?

From the rules You can use any skill to make money from home

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top