Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member
    edited January 2019
    @MissBH89 woow that's so strange having so many girls in a row! at least you don't need to worry about not having a heiress so far xD

@veri_legendary I've always considered that possibility as part of the challenge, but I don't see what problem could it be since you're spending her points in the potion, at least that's my take

quick update of the Prisms!
    AsR0ZbY.png
    I just love the fact that the doctor panicked when Iris was having his child xD then he ran to the delivery room and did his work. His name is Orson Mecer so his baby girl was called Olive ;)
    JECp6WI.png
    on monday Viridian came home with an A and finally got her birthday! her eyes have her father's shape but aside from that she looks a lot like Iris. Also, her new trait was love the outdoors
    l8tkQYD.png
    then Magenta got her birthday, she grew up with that hair and I love it! she's gloomy, and she's working in the whiz kid aspiration
    ObHqlRd.png
    Egan finished his aspiration! but just like Viridian before, he still needs his A xD winterfest got in the way
    2sQUtHB.png
    and anybody said double points~? xD this is Alvin Dobbs and he's being daddy #6! a lot less work than Orson!
    0RsUhXw.png
    and finally here's Olive as a toddler! she got moms pink hair (I'm starting to feel is too much pink hair xD I'm not sure why does this happen a lot in 100BC, because in the rest of my saves kids tend to be pretty even when it comes to hair/eye colors)
    baby #6 hasn't been born yet but they would be close! I'll go back to playing now xD

4yletNO.png
    1DKQtbI.png
    edit to add Olive as a kid, and baby #6 Aurum Prism as a toddler!
    Post edited by SalemSvartulv on
  • ExpectantHopeExpectantHope Posts: 27 Member
    @ChelleJo I ended up ageing him up, he was a teenager for about 6 days which is long enough!

@felicia__nicole I have the same problem with writing. Most books have been fine but I have one she's almost finished and every time she sits down to finish writing it the icon just disappears, so frustrating!
  • SorenaJSorenaJ Posts: 31 Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm playing the 100 baby challenge as well, and my first matriarch is Rebecca Andrews, who is my profile picture.

Stats so far:
    Pregnancies: 21
    Babies born: 26 (14 boys and 12 girls)
    Children who have moved out: 20
    Sets of twins: 3
    Sets of triplets: 1 (fraternal triplets!)

In terms of names, I am doing the alphabet, so just had baby #26, Zelma, and the next baby will then start with an A. Their middle names is a version of their father's name, say the father was called Joseph, the baby would be Joe or Josie. It is usually a nickname of their dad's name. Like dad Ernest had baby with the middle name Ernestine, had she been a boy it would have been Ernie. John's baby's middle name would be Jack and so on. If I don't like the name of the donor, I will change it. I'm playing semi-realistically with generations, so now they would be in 1890s, and all the babies have names that were popular then.

I think I will let Rebecca have 8 more children, because after that, her age in terms of storytelling would be too high to have any more children. She is 38 now, so she will be around 46 after 8 more children. I like keeping things realistic.

I play with Seasons, so the baby's date of birth is determined by the season. My seasons are 7 sims days, so each sims day is 13 IRL days for determining birth days. So if a baby is born at 8am the first day of summer, they would be born 4th of June.

I don't age my babies up before they age up naturally, I like having babies. I do age up the older age groups when I'm allowed.

• BbanningBbanning Posts: 13 New Member
    I’ve decided to take another shot at this challenge. I started one a while ago. I lost interest after about 10 kids.

My matriarch is Anastasia Ravenwood. She just had her 3rd set of twins (I’ve got the twins ley lines trait in my house).

Fathers and the children as follows:

Marcus Flex: boy twins Alexander and Ambrose
    Jacques Villareal: girl twins Ava and Kaitlin (named after my actual kids, they were watching me play lol)
    London Conyr (not sure of spelling): boy/girl twins

I’m going with an alphabetical name theme. Except for the 2nd set of twins lol.

I think my next suitor will be Caleb. Just deciding if I want to wait for one of my kids to age up as a teenager. Right now I have 4 kids and 2 toddlers so it’s a little hectic. I’ve decided that Caleb will be the vampire family friend. Each matriarch will move in with him once they become an elder. And he will father one child in each generation (as long as the matriarch isn’t related!). So gotta make sure he fathers a kid soon.

With so many twins and my matriarch still a young adult for another 15 days, I imagine I will have quite a few children from her.
    So finally got my matriarch and Caleb to woo hoo and they had twin boys! Anastasia has 8 days before she grows to an adult and is pregnant with her 9th (and 10th possibly) child. I’m trying to fulfill her big family aspiration, so the eldest child in the house just became a young adult. I’m going to keep her around and get marrried first before I move her out. Is it possible to get married to a sim before you live together?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    You guys! Finally after being rejected by like 4 different guys after building up a load of friendship and spending many many hours (RT) playing, I FINALLY found a townie who might be interested!!!! He actually agreed to go on a date with Alexandria and their relationship is high in the pink! Baby #2 might be a possibility after all! Haha! Wish me luck!

Abby is still a toddler, and Alexandria is going crazy. It takes her FOREVER to find guys that like her. We had this issue with baby #1 and while I'm pretty sure there will be a #2 soon, She is dirt poor, doesn't have enough furniture for two kids, and really almost all the guys in town hate her haha! So my first generation might be a 2 kid household and I might just have her focus on raising the kids and making some money so that she can buy stuff that will set up the future generations to be better able to take care of many multiples of kids haha!
  • felicia__nicolefelicia__nicole Posts: 38 Member
    Okay I just majorly screwed up and need to know if there is a way to fix this.

So I had a full house but wanted to have a guy lined up for when the twins moved out. I got together with Gil wooed him and got to the point where woo-hoo was an option. Fast forward to today. I age up my twins plus the next oldest (yay!) and move them all out freeing up 3 slots. I call up Gil hug him hello, chat him up a bit and then ask him to try for baby. He does NOT like this and suddenly everything I say/do he has a negative reaction to. The relationship doesn't seem very repairable at the moment so I let him go home and since Victoria ages up to elder in 2 days I look for another man to woo. I've been chatting up random men that walk by so I have them ready to go (lol) and so I pick one with a fairly high friendship bar and invite him over. After getting the romancing going we try for a baby and just as we finish I realize....I'VE ALREADY HAD A BABY WITH HIM!! Ugh. So I haven't taken a pregnancy test yet. If I don't take one can I try for a baby with someone else and get pregnant by them? Does not taking a test keep you from getting pregnant, or if she did get pregnant will she still be pregnant even if a test wasn't taken (does that make sense)?
    You can definitely still be pregnant already without taking a pregnancy test. I would suggest either going back one save oh, we're just having this baby but not counting it towards the 100 the same way you would if it was an adopted child.
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    @felicia__nicole if you aren't able to roll back your save previous to getting pregnant (if she is), then I agree with @SimAlexandria and just don't count that baby towards the 100 baby goal.
    Question:
    How do you handle a toddler aging up to a child before they reach all the lvl 3 skills. I did not AGE them up, but the game did it itself automatically when I was just shy of getting her the last two skills to lvl 3. Is this okay or not?
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Question:
    How do you handle a toddler aging up to a child before they reach all the lvl 3 skills. I did not AGE them up, but the game did it itself automatically when I was just shy of getting her the last two skills to lvl 3. Is this okay or not?

Achieving the goals (toddler skills to lvl 3, grade A in school, etc) are only there for you to age up early, instead of waiting for their birthday. If you haven't achieved the goals before their birthday, they may age up as usual.

The challenge is not only to have 100 babies, but to do it as fast as possible, that's why there are ways to age early... to age up kids as fast as possible.
    p8L4V6v.png
    ^Great, thanks!!!!

Well after much working at it, my Sim finally did get pregnant a second time and we had twins!!! Meet baby boys Brandon and Carlos!
    28qgqd.png
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > You can definitely still be pregnant already without taking a pregnancy test. I would suggest either going back one save oh, we're just having this baby but not counting it towards the 100 the same way you would if it was an adopted child.

How do you go back a save?
    Well a couple ways one if you haven't saved yet since becoming pregnant just closed the game and reopen it without saving. Otherwise I usually save as a new save as file and rename it every time I save. Then I delete older ones I don't need any more but I can always go back to a point before if I need to.
    Before you mess with changing anything with your saves.. you'll want to make a back up of your save files. Just highlight and copy your files, and place them in a new folder. It is recommended that you place that folder on your desktop, but you can put it wherever you will remember it is located, just not inside the saves folder.

@felicia__nicole Sims 4 is set up to do save and keep the 5 most recent save files. You'll go to your saves folder and need to find the ones that are your 100 baby challenge save files. If you sort your folder by most recent at the top, it SHOULD be your most recent game played. To verify if it is, go to your load save file screen in the game, hover over your most recent played game, make a note of the date and time last played. Take that information and cross reference it with the date and time of the files in the saves folder. Once you have located your save files, you will notice they look something like this Slot_000000ce.save and Slot_000000ce.save.ver0 .... Slot_000000ce.save.ver1 etc.. the one that is just .save is your current save, the ones that are .ver0 .ver1 etc.. are your save back ups. (Please note, your save will likely not be exactly named like mine.. it will very in the zeros and numbers that are used. This is just an example of what my most recent save files are called.)

What you will want to do is rename the Slot_000000ce.save to Slot_000000ce.save.ver5, then rename Slot_000000ce.save.ver0 to Slot_000000ce.save That will put your previous save as your current save.

I hope this makes sense. If not, just let me know.
    @Fizzstix I think that makes sense. I haven't played any since she got pregnant so I should be able to find the file fairly easily. I'll take a loom tonight. Thanks for your help
    @felicia__nicole You're welcome. Keep us posted.
    @Fizzstix It worked perfectly. Thanks!
    @Fizzstix It worked perfectly. Thanks!

Yay!! so glad to hear it.
  • SorenaJSorenaJ Posts: 31 Member
    Can I change my heiress' aspiration, or is she stuck with the one she rolled, unless she completes it?
    edited January 2019
    SorenaJ wrote: »
    Can I change my heiress' aspiration, or is she stuck with the one she rolled, unless she completes it?

You can change her aspiration, there is no rule stating you can't. You can even rotate between aspirations throughout your sims life. Matter of fact, the rules doesn't even say we have to randomize the aspiration, only the traits.

I don't think we ever heard if we can use the potion to change the traits, but since the words are "all in-game rewards may be used EXCEPT ones that prolong life or save from death", I'd say you can even use the re-traiting potion once you have earned the reward points.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • MeadowThayerrMeadowThayerr Posts: 239 Member
    I assume if a kid is taken away or dies that they do not count for the total if they haven't been aged up? One of my sims just drowned from exhaustion but he was a child.

I know if our matriarch goes to another lot, she doesn't have to take the kids, but I assume that the "daycare" option is also against the rules for infants so she can't leave with infants at home?
    Hello there, I'm Haleigh!
    It's MeadowThayerr with 2 Rs because someone beat me to the normal way.
    My Sims Website | The Kennedy Legacy ✓ | The Deepwater ISBI | The Disney Name Game
    I assume if a kid is taken away or dies that they do not count for the total if they haven't been aged up? One of my sims just drowned from exhaustion but he was a child.

I know if our matriarch goes to another lot, she doesn't have to take the kids, but I assume that the "daycare" option is also against the rules for infants so she can't leave with infants at home?

No, they don't count. They aren't counted until they age to YA, so if they don't make it to YA, they don't count.

This is another that isn't explained fully in the rules. The matriarch can leave the lot at anytime in these version of the rules, not just to daddy hunt, though nannies are against the rules. I'd say auto daycare is fine, as long as it's used in moderation. So no going to live it up all day at the bar, while the infants are whisked away to daycare, but a random outing to a festival for a few hours, to keep yours and mom's sanity, every once in a while, would be fine.
    p8L4V6v.png
    So I’m at 15 kids, my sim is an adult with 17 days left before aging up, she is also pregnant with her 16th (possibly 17th as well).

I’ve had six set of twins and three singletons. I’m kinda ready for my matriarch to age up and the next matriarch to take over.

I had twins with Caleb and one of the kids ended up being a vampire so it’s nice that one he will be around for all 100 babies.

I’m thinking of doing a family reunion when my matriarch ages up. How many sims are allowed on one lot?
    Bbanning wrote: »
    So I’m at 15 kids, my sim is an adult with 17 days left before aging up, she is also pregnant with her 16th (possibly 17th as well).

I’ve had six set of twins and three singletons. I’m kinda ready for my matriarch to age up and the next matriarch to take over.

I had twins with Caleb and one of the kids ended up being a vampire so it’s nice that one he will be around for all 100 babies.

I’m thinking of doing a family reunion when my matriarch ages up. How many sims are allowed on one lot?

I'm pretty sure EA default is 20. Not sure what happens if you invite more (as far as invite on the event and then call and invite the rest). I was playing my drifter, and I'm on house 011, with all previous house sims alive and invited over the 15 (I think it is) that can be invited and then invited over the remaining sims by telephone. It was a bit of a mad house (which I loved :D:D ) but I think a couple of the invited-by-phone ones left early. It was hard to keep up with all of them, to be honest.
    p8L4V6v.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top