The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Hey guys, so I've been playing with the vampires pack a lot lately. My vampire just finally became a Grand Master so I can see all the vampire abilities and weaknesses. I'll get started writing up an update for the challenge soon just as soon as things settle down with the launch of my novel. :) In the meantime, just play as you see fit.

To answer your question @DatSubmarineYourLookingFor, your best bet is to mass produce dragonfruit. It's fairly easy to get your hands on and worth quite a pretty penny, especially if you evolve them to perfect quality. Your family can be set for life with even just a small garden of perfect dragonfruit.

If you have City Living, you can just go to the Spice Festival when it rolls into the city and harvest it from the planters there, then replant at home. If you don't have City Living, dragonfruit can be created by grafting a snapdragon with a strawberry plant. I believe grafting opens up to you at level 4 of the Gardening skill (used to be level 7 way back when the game first came out but they lowered it in an update ages ago).

Both snapdragons and strawberries can be found in the Courtyard Lane district of Willow Creek (where Bob and Eliza Pancakes live).

Hope that helps!
  • SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Hey guys, so I've been playing with the vampires pack a lot lately. My vampire just finally became a Grand Master so I can see all the vampire abilities and weaknesses. I'll get started writing up an update for the challenge soon just as soon as things settle down with the launch of my novel. :) In the meantime, just play as you see fit.

To answer your question @DatSubmarineYourLookingFor, your best bet is to mass produce dragonfruit. It's fairly easy to get your hands on and worth quite a pretty penny, especially if you evolve them to perfect quality. Your family can be set for life with even just a small garden of perfect dragonfruit.

If you have City Living, you can just go to the Spice Festival when it rolls into the city and harvest it from the planters there, then replant at home. If you don't have City Living, dragonfruit can be created by grafting a snapdragon with a strawberry plant. I believe grafting opens up to you at level 4 of the Gardening skill (used to be level 7 way back when the game first came out but they lowered it in an update ages ago).

Both snapdragons and strawberries can be found in the Courtyard Lane district of Willow Creek (where Bob and Eliza Pancakes live).

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much! :)
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Alyssa4LifeAlyssa4Life Posts: 633 Member
    I'm sooo excited to start this! Look out Sims 4, I'm in this now.
    Alyssa! Stay determined!
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    I think I am going to take a break from my legacy and start this challenge. Hmm, now to make a matriarch...
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • kurdanevakurdaneva Posts: 128 Member
    I've been playing this challenge for a bit, and I'm recording my progress here. kokovssims.tumblr. I wasn't aware there were two threads for this! (pardon my shameless plugging of my progress.) I noticed the rules are faintly different here, I'm currently going with one woman to be the mother of all (if she ages to elder, I lose) I hope that, doing this extra challenge, I may still post here! Either way, this is super super fun.
  • bluetree252bluetree252 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I recently started this challenge. though i may have to restart, i have 2 sets of twins, ( i got that lot trait, - works in the hospital so long as you dont join them)

I am having this glitch where no matter what I do It will not let me bathe my toddlers, even if i get them to hop in, they hop right back out again, with out getting clean, im spending allot of time trying but its ruining the chalenge as there are other needs i need to look after and becoming pregnaunt is on hold as its an issue i cant resolve, i dont want to cheat and use the fillmotive_motivehygiene code, but i really cant think of how else to overcome it, any suggestions,
  • LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    @bluetree252, do you have any babies in your household? If so, you either need to move them to another floor away from the bathroom or move them outside.
    What's the fertility lot trait called? Does it come with a certain pack because I can't find it...
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    edited February 2017
    @bluetree252 the baby bassinet has a glitch to it that causes toddlers not be able to bathed when it is in close proximity to the tub. To solve the problem, you can either put the bassinet father from the tub on the same floor, or move it to another floor. I tried moving it outside, and that wasn't enough, it had to be far enough from the tub that is used for bathing the toddlers.

@DatSubmarineYourLookingFor I believe that fertility lot trait comes with City Living.
  • kurdanevakurdaneva Posts: 128 Member
    @DatSubmarineYourLookingFor the lot trait is called On Ley Line! The icon is two babies. It does come with city living, like Fizzstix said :smile:
    kurdaneva wrote: »
    @DatSubmarineYourLookingFor the lot trait is called On Ley Line! The icon is two babies. It does come with city living, like Fizzstix said :smile:

Aw, darnit! I'll have to save up :P
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    @bluetree252 the baby bassinet has a glitch to it that causes toddlers not be able to bathed when it is in close proximity to the tub. To solve the problem, you can either put the bassinet father from the tub on the same floor, or move it to another floor. I tried moving it outside, and that wasn't enough, it had to be far enough from the tub that is used for bathing the toddlers.

@DatSubmarineYourLookingFor I believe that fertility lot trait comes with City Living.

Wow I did not know that! in my challenge house i have the bathroom and right next to it is the room for toddlers to sleep then mums the the infant/s. Glad I didn't do it the other way round!
  • ChanneyChanney Posts: 27 Member
    So the baby daddy of my first kid cMe over when she aged into a toddler while I was having woohoo with the dad of my now 3rd baby and now he won't leave. He's been here 3 days.
  • LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    Channey wrote: »
    So the baby daddy of my first kid cMe over when she aged into a toddler while I was having woohoo with the dad of my now 3rd baby and now he won't leave. He's been here 3 days.

LoL. That just happened to me where the father of my twins came over and wouldn't leave for about 3 days. It was nice though. I had the toddlers ask him to bathe and feed them.
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    With the city living expansion you can use a special table to sell things. You can sell anything you make. Food, woodwork and produce such as vegs and such. I have not tried to put a painting on the table not sure if it would work. Anyway, since most challenges mom cannot have a regular job I thought this might be helpful to some to know you can use this table at home or any community lot to sell things your sim makes to make money without a job.
  • shadedgrey63shadedgrey63 Posts: 44 Member
    Can we now move the kids out as teens? Teens can now move out on their own, without an adult. (Though admittedly, the teens are great to have around, especially to care for the toddlers)
  • lexiesimmer1998lexiesimmer1998 Posts: 10 New Member
    okay so quick question so I had to start over my last 100 baby challenge because at the time they just added toddlers to the game but anyway Im on baby #9 and basically the father will come over and just use our bathroom and stay there so I locked one father in a room and after a couple of days or so he left like even if their is no door for the room they will walk out. does anyone else Have that problem
    Yep, happens all the time. The father of toddlers will be there for the entirety of the toddler stage of their child/children. Then they leave; it's not a terrible bug, in this case. It helps for keeping the toddlers cared for. My first toddlers...goodness, all my sims had the worst needs.
  • _cordialGargoyle__cordialGargoyle_ Posts: 18 Member
    So...I was planning on waiting till I did something worthwhile for this.But on my second birth I got twins! Which...is my first time getting twins ever no fertility reword either....uh...I've named them Natasha & Zarya also their toddler sister Drei doesn't seem to mind them which is a plus.
    ~CG
    Well, you know that Toddler father always around bug? Well, this one was an elder, died on my lot, and gave the mom and triplets two day sad moods. So no skill boosts for me... (Second time this has happened, but the first time no one noticed and I just found the urn by my house)
  • timeladylexitimeladylexi Posts: 6 New Member
    any update for vampires yet? I wanna start it but if there is anything special i can do i wanna know beforehand cause I have vampires...
    edited April 2017
    any update for vampires yet? I wanna start it but if there is anything special i can do i wanna know beforehand cause I have vampires...

On the google doc ( https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z7DJgxbyViBnE93PEnBHk6iGSjbWOfoit9xiYPMNM6Q/edit# ) it says
    "Vampires
    COMING SOON! This section will be updated when the Vampires game pack is released."

But, seeing as @Ashleigh825 said this...

Hope that helps!

So, no- There is no update for vampires. As Ashleigh said, " In the meantime, just play as you see fit"
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• BNS1984BNS1984 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi.

I was wondering if you are allowed to switch between aspirations for your matriarch, or if you can only focus the first one given to her until that one is completed? Because right now I am at a place where I cannot complete any more of the assigned aspiration without breaking the rule about her not having a job, and I would REALLY love to move on to a new aspiration that she can actually complete. And of course, if you can freely switch between different aspirations as you choose I would love to do that as well, as it will make it easier to earn those satisfaction points. But yeah - I obviously don't want to break any rules and end up cheating without meaning to, and I haven't been able to find any rules related to this.
    BNS1984 wrote: »
    Hi.

I was wondering if you are allowed to switch between aspirations for your matriarch, or if you can only focus the first one given to her until that one is completed? Because right now I am at a place where I cannot complete any more of the assigned aspiration without breaking the rule about her not having a job, and I would REALLY love to move on to a new aspiration that she can actually complete. And of course, if you can freely switch between different aspirations as you choose I would love to do that as well, as it will make it easier to earn those satisfaction points. But yeah - I obviously don't want to break any rules and end up cheating without meaning to, and I haven't been able to find any rules related to this.

The original aspiration you chose comes along with a trait, and I believe the trait stays when you change your aspiration, the only thing it will do is set your sim different goals, so I don't think it will do anything to jeopardise your challenge.
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• StoneNumber7StoneNumber7 Posts: 199 Member
    Has anyone found a way to get rid of the toddlers father yet... having them stand in my lobby ( I locked them out) is really annoying!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top