Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Asylum Challenge

Comments

• HeartfulPeachHeartfulPeach Posts: 857 Member
    I'm gonna give this a try, I hope fun and crazy stuff happens! :smiley:
    317chzb.jpg
    A big thanks to SimChic1 for making my simself in my avatar!
    Princess Peach Rocks!
  • SylvSylv Posts: 885 Member
    When you say "Complete three aspirations" do you mean, three tiers of an aspiration, or complete all tiers of three different aspirations. If the latter, that seems quite extreme especially if someone is playing on normal lifespan.
    tumblr_naeqm3rHmH1tca3q3o1_400.gif
    Origin ID: SylvRo
    Sims 4 Current Household: Generation 11

• Just-Phoebe-MeJust-Phoebe-Me Posts: 11 New Member
    Just wanted to let everyone know that is interested in Let's Plays on YouTube. I have started this challenge on my channel. There are currently 3 episodes, but I am currently editing more.

youtube dot com /user/lyssasimmers

Episode 1: youtube dot com/watch?v=tni-MeAdOeM
    Episode 2: youtube dot com/watch?v=UGl7F7irleE
    Episode 3: youtube dot com/watch?v=ZIYEmqyxwrk
  • wheatberrywheatberry Posts: 20 Member
    Can we purchase any Lifetime Reward? Especially the 'Never Weary' reward?
  • simswithcheesesimswithcheese Posts: 79 Member
    @SimmySammyWammy What I mean is that you can complete the Computer Wiz aspiration, the Friend of the World aspiration and the Renaissance Sim aspiration for example :)

@Just-Phoebe-Me‌ I'll give it a look right now :smiley:

@whatberry Absolutely! Maybe not in hard mode, I will have to think about that. I'll add that to the post so people will know :)
  • wheatberrywheatberry Posts: 20 Member
    I am playing the Runaway Teen challenge without buying any lifetime reward, and I've found it's too hard to complete the goal. Due to the unrealistic of the sims clock, the walking and needs just take up too much time. Maybe it deserve to a very tough mode!
  • julliz93julliz93 Posts: 2 New Member
    If a sim dies I have to delete a bed space and a sit space. But if more than 4 sims die then what? xD
  • julliz93julliz93 Posts: 2 New Member
    What if it's your main sim that dies????
  • SpiritedDreamingSpiritedDreaming Posts: 2 New Member
    If your sims has maxed the writing skill and is abable to write the Book of Life, are you allowed to use it to bring back dead sims? And if so, does that negate the points loss for that sims death, or are you just giving yourself another chance to lose more points via death?
  • SpiritedDreamingSpiritedDreaming Posts: 2 New Member
    Playing through on easy mode, I had a creative loner who completed the musical and writing aspirations. Somehow I only had one fire, and only one sims died because of that fire. My final score was 205.
  • AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    @julliz93‌ For both of those, you're gonna have a bad time.
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I downloaded the house in the gallery and started this challenge. So far so good but a bunch of them are arguing and not getting along. Lots of stomping around going on LOL. Fun so far. However, I have made it so NO ONE can leave the asylum at all for any reason. I put a fence with no way out around the property. I didn't want them sleeping on benches and stuff. It might make it harder to make money but oh well. I am playing on Long and she is painting and gardening for money. No money yet.
  • have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    I finished the easy challenge with everyone still alive!

Here is the house:

dh5r9.jpg

House and yard:

5wxvgz.jpg

As soon as he finishes this skill, the challenge is over....

2dufpys.jpg

After the challenge was done, I decided to keep playing. My Sim sold all of his produce and paintings, and bought the house next to the Goth's. Here are some of the guys hanging around after work:

1zfnf52.jpg

It was really fun. Here is the new house:

oitbvs.jpg

The new house has lots more done to it now, but I'm too lazy to load the game and take pics! :D

Criminal career was brilliant because all they really needed was to troll the forums, and show up for work. They all made it to level 6 and 7!

• DanieNWDanieNW Posts: 2 New Member
    I just started my own Asylum! I'm using a mixture of my own sims and some I downloaded from the gallery, and a building I downloaded as well. I like the one I'm using because there is a bunch of useless junk lying around that I can sell if I need more money for bills or food. So far no one has died, but there was a close call!
  • DoULikeChickensDoULikeChickens Posts: 9 New Member
    This is the coolest thing ever! I just started with some of my own sims and some from the gallery (with minor edits). I decided to follow your rules exactly except for the age thing. I've got 2 elders and 2 adults with the young adults. <3 I got an asylum from the gallery too. I'll post some pics of my housemates.
  • ems0309ems0309 Posts: 541 Member
    I am participating as well, only I am using the stuff from OR pack. Major drama going on though lots of mean, childish and hot headed ppl plus a loner gloomy in the mix with all of them being insane
  • filipe231291filipe231291 Posts: 17 Member
    I played the Asylum Challenge on my own for The Sims 3 (with 16 Sims, crazy huh?) and then I remembered the one for The Sims 4. Definitelly gonna try this ^-^
  • laladottyspotlalalaladottyspotlala Posts: 307 Member
    Definitely going to do this.
  • NordicPhoenix22xNordicPhoenix22x Posts: 301 Member
    edited February 2015
    I started my own asylum as well, playing on medium, and I'm pretty close to finishing my 1st aspiration. It's sooo annoying how everything in the house keeps breaking every five seconds! It's such a mess. :D
    I had two deaths from embarrassment so far, both because I couldn't repair the toilet in time. Now we have a haunted asylum.
    Having lots of fun so far. :)
    "Children of the night, Soldiers of our time
    Scream it out loud, One generation
    Riot in the streets, Fighting and debris
    Raise your fist high, the Generation Wild!"
    182kwx.png
  • simswithcheesesimswithcheese Posts: 79 Member
    Just updated the thread, I love reading about everyone's adventure in this challenge, so happy to see everyone is having fun :blush:
  • lessthanzero1013lessthanzero1013 Posts: 464 Member
    @simswithcheese Thanks for rewriting this challenge for The Sims 4! (*) I just wanted to let you and others know that I started this challenge as my first Let's Play series and so far its been a lot of fun! Anyone is welcome to come take a look and join in on the fun. You can find it here on my YouTube channel Custom Builds by lessthanzero1013
    Feel free to add me on Origin: lessthanzero1013
    00d43057-3a6e-4d56-8f19-6ae0d13c18ba_zps7c6fa94e.jpg
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    My Sims are still hanging in there but the longer you play the crazier it gets. I now have a cow plant I put in for fun. Waiting to see if someone gets eaten. LOL. What do you guys do about them sleeping in chairs? Are we supposed to let them do that?
  • haylz18haylz18 Posts: 182 Member
    This is a great idea! Will try this when I finish my current legacy
    venus-and-mars.jpg
  • lessthanzero1013lessthanzero1013 Posts: 464 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    My Sims are still hanging in there but the longer you play the crazier it gets. I now have a cow plant I put in for fun. Waiting to see if someone gets eaten. LOL. What do you guys do about them sleeping in chairs? Are we supposed to let them do that?

LOL Ohh that would be awesome if one of them fell victim to the cow plant! :D I'm not sure about them sleeping in chairs, haven't had that happen yet.
    Feel free to add me on Origin: lessthanzero1013
    00d43057-3a6e-4d56-8f19-6ae0d13c18ba_zps7c6fa94e.jpg
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @simswithcheese I just recently got started w/this challenge & started a Let's Play series. It's been pretty fun so far =)
    If u or anyone else is interested...here's where u can find my videos=)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkN_yJd3CP3h7IwC-vCxK7A
    rXyqmuX.jpg