Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims2 Ultimate keeps crashing

AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
edited October 2014 in The Sims (2000)
It happens about 50% of the time. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

Edit: make that 99.9%
Post edited by AthenaOnyx on

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi, AthenaOnyx

No, I sure haven't. :(
    Is your OS a Win8? I've heard that can cause problems with TS2.
    Do you have a lot of CC/mods- there's a Hack Conflict Checker - http://www.simwardrobe.com/

I hope you find the answer. :(
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    It happens about 50% of the time. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

Edit: make that 99.9%

Hello!

Have you tried to repair your game? You go to your Origin My Games pg, right click TS2 icon and click repair game. Also in the same area is find/search for updates (something updates I forget ;) ). If you haven't updated your game that can cause problems too!
    Hope this helps! :)

• Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Does it have a specific trigger for crashing, or is it just at any moment while you're playing?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    Does it have a specific trigger for crashing, or is it just at any moment while you're playing?

That's a good question. :)

Mine was crashing because of a mod and that's why I think of it... and I've read of the Win8 problem. :(
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Rinilex wrote: »

That's a good question. :)

Mine was crashing because of a mod and that's why I think of it... and I've read of the Win8 problem. :(

Yep! Also, mine crashed whenever I tried to play a house or select certain items of clothing in CAS. It was a graphics card-related error that came about because the game wasn't compatible with the newer model of computer. I just had to tweak some files to iron it out.
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    Mine would only crash if I play with a certain family so what I did was move them out of the house and move them back in and haven't had a issue with them.

I agree also check for bad cc's if you can't tell what's causing the issue.
    new.png
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Oddly enough, Sims 2 is the only game that I've had that never crashed on me (well...it did...but I had a graphics card that couldn't support it and that caused many a blue screen of death, so after my upgrade it never crashed), as sims 1 and 3 have. Sims 4 I just haven't played enough.
  • Options
    Hi! Thanks for all the replies. I just now checked the thread. It was a laptop and think it was just over heating. So, I let it cool down and today it's working fine.

It has been sporadically crashing. I don't think it's after specific event. It's a Windows7 OS. I'll do a repair on it just in case.
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    If it's a laptop, you may want to consider putting something under it to let air flow below. With one of my laptops, I put coasters under it so it won't overheat so fast
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    It's on a cooling pad, but it still gets hot.
  • Options
    simonevans1963simonevans1963 Posts: 206 Member
    Have you tried using an aero-duster to clean the inside? I only ever use laptops, and every now and again give them a good blow with the aero-duster. My laptop was forever overheating, and no amount of cooling pads and external fans would help, til I gave it a good blow and it was miraculously healed.
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Have you tried using an aero-duster to clean the inside? I only ever use laptops, and every now and again give them a good blow with the aero-duster. My laptop was forever overheating, and no amount of cooling pads and external fans would help, til I gave it a good blow and it was miraculously healed.

I should try this. I haven't dusted out my laptop since...well...I bought it like 4 years ago. I just thought it got hot because I binge-play Dragon Age and Tomb Raider!