Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Taking your garden with you when you move

Either my search skills need work, or this hasn't been asked yet.

I want to move a family into a new home. They have an amazing garden of harvestable plants, including the UFO and the cow plant. I don't want to lose these.

Will their garden move with them?

If not, would moving them into the housed inventory ensure they can take them with them?

Anyone know?
Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5

Comments

• CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    edited October 2014
    Taking them into your household inventory should work fine--I do that a lot, and haven't had any problems...so far they've even stayed healthy in inventory if I leave my plants in there for awhile.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Awesome. Thanks so much. I didn't want to risk losing them.
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    I've put the cowplant in the family inventory when moving and it stuck around so I'd imagine you could do the same with other plants.
  • moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    I left a few plants on purpose once and they ended up in the family inventory anyway, just like the patio furniture
    moongodess wrote: »
    I left a few plants on purpose once and they ended up in the family inventory anyway, just like the patio furniture

I was wondering about that. Other sims I've moved brought their belongings. I wasn't sure about the gardens though. I really don't want to lose Cederic. The children and neighbours love him so much.
  • Rainbow2Rainbow2 Posts: 83 Member
    Yep, household inventory will work - you can even leave them in there if you don't want to look after a huge garden but want the option to have perfect fruit and veg in the future. They won't die in there :)
    kremesch73 wrote: »

I was wondering about that. Other sims I've moved brought their belongings. I wasn't sure about the gardens though. I really don't want to lose Cederic. The children and neighbours love him so much.

When you move, they can choose to pack or sell their furnishings. If you choose to pack, Cedric should get packed with the sofa and fridge. If you want to start fresh with new furnishings in the new house, you can put Cedric in the family inventory and sell the rest.
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    They won't stay in the lot if you upload it to the gallery or to your library (and download it later). Just a warning.
    I tried uploading my perfect garden to the gallery, and someone warned me of it :/
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille

When you move, they can choose to pack or sell their furnishings. If you choose to pack, Cedric should get packed with the sofa and fridge. If you want to start fresh with new furnishings in the new house, you can put Cedric in the family inventory and sell the rest.

Thanks. That's a good idea. I think that's what I'll do. Their new home is already furnished. I spent ours on it.

Thanks. That's a good idea. I think that's what I'll do. Their new home is already furnished. I spent ours on it.

In that case, we will want pictures of Cederic in his new home :D
    In that case, we will want pictures of Cederic in his new home :D

Does that mean I'll have to try and figure out where I can place my images in order to post them?
    edited October 2014
    Thanks everyone for your help. Cederic survived the moved with very little stress. In fact, I think he seems happier.

@moongodess I think I might have figured this out. I thought I needed to sign up for something and didn't want to. Then I remembered my DropBox account. Hopefully this works.

Since you asked for it. Here it is. Hope it's not too much.

Here's the pictures of my new house:

Exterior

Front
    Front.jpg

Front Porch:
    FrontPorch.jpg

Back
    Back.jpg

Back Porch
    RearDeck.jpg

The name of this thing is eluding me right now. I usually know what it's called :(
    Deck.jpg

Interior

Living Room
    LivingRoom.jpg

Kitchen
    Kitchen.jpg

Dining Room
    Dining.jpg

Full view of kitchen/dining
    KitchenDining.jpg

Hall 1
    Hall1.jpg

Hall2
    Hall2.jpg

Master Bedroom
    MasterBedroom.jpg

Master Bathroom-attached to master bedroom
    MasterBathroom.jpg

Main Bathroom-accessible from the hall
    MainBathroom.jpg

Bedroom 1
    Bedroom1.jpg

Bedroom 2
    Bedroom2.jpg

Lastly, and more importantly...

Me and Cederic downtime! He survived the move!

10-05-14_2-31%C2%A0AM-2.jpg
    10-05-14_2-32%C2%A0AM-2.jpg

This one turned out blurry. I don't know why.
    10-05-14_2-35%C2%A0AM-2.jpg

And here's me and the boys tending to part of our garden in the evening :) Everyone else in the neighbourhood is having girls but us. We keep trying though.
    10-05-14_3-13%C2%A0AM-2.jpg
    Post edited by kremesch73 on
  • Sims_4_Dino_LoverSims_4_Dino_Lover Posts: 50 Member
    Thanks everyone for your help. Cederic survived the moved with very little stress. In fact, I think he seems happier.

@moongodess I think I might have figured this out. I thought I needed to sign up for something and didn't want to. Then I remembered my DropBox account. Hopefully this works.

Since you asked for it. Here it is. Hope it's not too much.

Here's the pictures of my new house:

Exterior

Front
    Front.jpg

Front Porch:
    FrontPorch.jpg

Back
    Back.jpg

Back Porch
    RearDeck.jpg

The name of this thing is eluding me right now. I usually know what it's called :(
    Deck.jpg

Interior

Living Room
    LivingRoom.jpg

Kitchen
    Kitchen.jpg

Dining Room
    Dining.jpg

Full view of kitchen/dining
    KitchenDining.jpg

Hall 1
    Hall1.jpg

Hall2
    Hall2.jpg

Master Bedroom
    MasterBedroom.jpg

Master Bathroom-attached to master bedroom
    MasterBathroom.jpg

Main Bathroom-accessible from the hall
    MainBathroom.jpg

Bedroom 1
    Bedroom1.jpg

Bedroom 2
    Bedroom2.jpg

Lastly, and more importantly...

Me and Cederic downtime! He survived the move!

10-05-14_2-31%C2%A0AM-2.jpg
    10-05-14_2-32%C2%A0AM-2.jpg

This one turned out blurry. I don't know why.
    10-05-14_2-35%C2%A0AM-2.jpg

And here's me and the boys tending to part of our garden in the evening :) Everyone else in the neighbourhood is having girls but us. We keep trying though.
    10-05-14_3-13%C2%A0AM-2.jpg

Sup
    Hi
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Either my search skills need work, or this hasn't been asked yet.

I want to move a family into a new home. They have an amazing garden of harvestable plants, including the UFO and the cow plant. I don't want to lose these.

Will their garden move with them?

If not, would moving them into the housed inventory ensure they can take them with them?

Anyone know?

If you choose to Take Furniture when moving instead of Sell Furniture, you'll keep everything you own, including garden produce. If you choose Sell Furniture, everything remains in your original house. You can go into Build/Buy and put in anything that you want to take with you (career rewards, upgraded items, garden plants, etc.) into the Household Inventory, then put the items at your new residence. Make sure you harvest first before you put in inventory otherwise you run into a bunch of loose fruits to deal with, though if you have a Money Tree, placing it in inventory before harvesting is a great way to get the Money Tree seeds which you can either plant for more trees or give as gifts. (I usually try to have a Money Tree seed to give to my Sim kids when they move out of the house.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    hey folks so considering this thread has been inactive for a very long time I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top