Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

bludhound's Mods

bludhoundbludhound Posts: 297 Member
edited December 2014 in Gameplay Mods
Here are some mods I wrote to personalize my game. I figured they might be of some use to other players, so I've decided to make them available for download.

BFF Privacy - Allows BFFs to share the bathroom without shooing each other out or getting embarrassed. Useful for single-bathroom houses where BFFs live together.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62345012/bludhound-bffprivacy-v0.2.zip

No Freak Rewards - Steel Bladder and Never Weary no longer turn your sims into superhuman freaks who never have to sleep or poop. They simple reduce the motive decays by half instead of eliminating them completely.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62345012/bludhound-nofreakrewards-v0.1.zip

[Obsolete] 5 BFFs to 10 GFs - Changes the 5 BFF requirement in the Friend of the World aspiration to 10 Good Friends instead. No more heartbreaks over intentionally-wrecked friendships!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62345012/bludhound-5bffto10gf-v0.1.zip
NOTE: The requirement display text will only appear correctly on the en_us version. Non-en_us versions will display the original 5 BFFs requirements, but the game will require 10 GFs instead. This is because I don't have a non-en_us version to mod or test on.
OBSOLETE: With the adjusted tunings in the December 2014 patch, breakups are no longer needed to complete the aspiration.

Credits:
@pbox for pointing out an error in one of the XML files of BFF Privacy.
Post edited by bludhound on

Comments

• auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    Cool Bludhound. Are you going to upload to mts?
  • bludhoundbludhound Posts: 297 Member
    Sure, I'll check it out later.
  • pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    That is a good idea. Why did you set max_line_of_sight_radius to 10 in both? Are there any issues with that?
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
    edited October 2014
    @pbox I'm using the default radius. Actually, the only stuff I've added/changed are the extra relbits for BFF and Evil BFF.
    In privacy_snippet_long_distance the EAxian tuning is 30, that's why I asked =) I'm not sure what difference that makes in game but you have both at 10 now.

(There are Evil BFFs in this game? o.O Live and learn! =)
    @pbox I get it now. I probably pasted the value from the incorrect XML. I don't have access to my PC right now, so I'll update it when I have access. Thanks for pointing it out!
    Cool thanks! When you reupload, may want to add your name to the filename too (makes it easier to track down what's what when sorting out CC)
    edited October 2014
    I've decided to repurpose this thread into a collection of any mods I've made and will make in the future.
  • simrepublicsimrepublic Posts: 4 New Member
    Thank you very much, I like the No Freak Reward very much, that's exactly I have always wanted. Since a sim day is short, I want my sim to spend more time socializing and playing and exploring in addition to sleeping and pooping but want some realism in it too.
    I hope you can keep up with patch and notify us if any updates. <3
    @simrepublic I'm glad you like it! I'll post any updates here if there's any, and also on MTS if they pass the moderation there.
  • simrepublicsimrepublic Posts: 4 New Member
    Thank you @bludhound, I will keep an eye out for your upload over MTS, I have an account there too. Good luck :)
    Added a new little tuning to change the 5 BFFs requirement in the Friend of the World aspiration to 10 Good Friends instead. I wanted to change it to 5 friends with >90 on the relationship bar instead, but that requires me to delve into scripting in order to add a new test criteria. I may look into it if I have the time.
  • caleecalee Posts: 24 Member
    Oh I can put the no freak rewards to good use. Now my stay at home sim can maintain good relationships with friends and family during the day and work on making mobile apps/games at night. Thanks for sharing this.