Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Wish To Make a Challenge, Need Suggestions.

JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
I need a challenge involving fire and ghosts. below questions have been answered.

I was thinking up a challenge for a lot I'm building along the lines of only using the bbq for cooking. But, I believe you need the fridge to cook on the grill so, is this correct? Can you buy things to cook? Or any other way? As the fridge is too easy to just eat cereal etc.

Thanks
Post edited by JBEAR1 on

Comments

• JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    You don't need a fridge, at least not on public lots.
  • JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    You don't need a fridge, at least not on public lots.
    Ohh. Maybe I am confused with Sims3. Was playing that , I remember some grill not working without food.
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    I'm playing a "plant sim" (green sim with CC) that lives in a "park" (home lot that looks like one).
    Maybe you want something along these lines?
    She sleeps on a bench and uses only a grill for cooking. I built a small bathroom for her, and that's it.
    This is how her lot looks like:
    D6W3N6.png
    I say it is going pretty well so far. She only gets money from selling the stuff she gets from gardening, by the way. She doesn't have a job.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    Without a fridge and stove, some foods you wont be able to make. You can make hot dogs and burgers, tofu dogs, etc with the bbq but you cannot make a salad with the stuff from your garden. Your sims can't eat their produce directly from the inventory either, so they'd be eating only grillable foods.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    Without a fridge and stove, some foods you wont be able to make. You can make hot dogs and burgers, tofu dogs, etc with the bbq but you cannot make a salad with the stuff from your garden. Your sims can't eat their produce directly from the inventory either, so they'd be eating only grillable foods.

Yeah, I wish they could directly eat the stuff they harvest :/
    If they could, I would drop the grill, too.
    I also wish the cow plant would raise the social need (it only raises the fun need).
    6724061.png
    edited October 2014
    Alnairan wrote: »
    I'm playing a "plant sim" (green sim with CC) that lives in a "park" (home lot that looks like one).
    She sleeps on a bench and uses only a grill for cooking. I built a small bathroom for her, and that's it.
    D6W3N6.png
    I say it is going pretty well so far. She only gets money from selling the stuff she gets from gardening, by the way. She doesn't have a job.
    Great! I was thinking about just a bench too. You will be able to tell me this I guess. I want the challenge to be not to die from fire, now, how often have you caught on fire? And is it not really a problem?

edit: ha, that sim is pretty cute
    JBEAR1 wrote: »
    D6W3N6.png
    Great! I was thinking about just a bench too. You will be able to tell me this I guess. I want the challenge to be not to die from fire, now, how often have you caught on fire? And is it not really a problem?

Not even once, to be honest. I got the culinary skill up really fast only by using the grill, so I don't even know if it is possible anymore. The real challenge is to keep her energy up because she can only nap on the bench.
    6724061.png
    edited October 2014
    Hmm, maybe I could stipulate a fireplace must be lit in front of the bench each night. idk. I need death by fire to be a threat

What types of rules and restrictions did you want for your challenge? I remember Pinstar's Apocalypse challenge involved turning the fridge around so sims could only use it once a day. That might suit your needs with cooking restrictions... though I've got no clue what type of challenge you're dreaming up!
    OriginID Starwing6

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
    edited October 2014
    Well now I am thinking the challenge is to reach max level gardening , and make yourself a ghost, so that would encourage using the fireplace or whatever. And no bed, job, fridge. I can't fit much in the upload text box.

The build is looking amazing so it would be a shame to have a lame challenge.
    Or they could woohoo till they drop! lol
    OriginID Starwing6

edited October 2014
    Ha, yeh they could do that part how they want I guess. Can ghosts lvl up gardening? Do they need to sleep,eat etc? It could be best to become a ghost asap ?

edit: Maybe challenge could be to make someone else a ghost with cowplant as a ghost, and.. marry them?
    You should make your sim a ghost and see how hard it is to do, and what they can and cannot do. Then all the stuff that is hardest for you to do, that's what you score highest for scoring purposes, etc. But you have to do the challenge first, to be the first one to complete it and thus be able to answer any and all questions about it ;)
    OriginID Starwing6

• Megan31917Megan31917 Posts: 457 Member
    A homeless Sim type of challenge will be a bit different in 4 than 3. The biggest problem I see is a Sim in 4 not able to eat from their inventory. At least in Sims 3 when a Sim harvested apples, grapes, etc., they could eat it & never needed a fridge.

In 4 if you wanted to make a homeless type challenge a bit harder, don't buy your Sim a grill or fridge at all & set their money to zero. Make them travel to a park where they can only grill the fish they catch or eat food left on the picnic tables. They can harvest all plants & grow a garden on their own lots & sell what they grow for money. No bathrooms allowed. They have to travel to the gym & only learn skills on Community lots. Since 4 also doesn't have a tent or sleeping bag, sleep is only allowed on a bench.
    Also, if they do visit other Sims- they can't use their bathrooms or kitchens. In Sims 3 the people in the house would ask you to leave if you used items in their homes -but in 4 your Sims could almost live in a neighbors house full time. In 3 there was also the option of dumpster diving that gave a Sim a much needed bed or lamp or desk & gems sometimes. Anything a Sim finds is theirs to keep, use or sell.

Have your Sim be worth a certain amount of money before they can build a house. Maybe set the challenge that a home has to have a certain number of rooms & have flooring & wallpaper even before you can furnish it. Have your Sim work up to being able to afford a bed vs buying a toilet vs buying a stove, etc.

Naturally, no money or needs cheats allowed.

@Megan, I want it to be fun lol, that sounds like a nightmare ;) Just want it to take a little time over halloween as a little side family thing for a couple of days play. And the text box for uploads is really small.
    edited October 2014
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    You should make your sim a ghost and see how hard it is to do, and what they can and cannot do. Then all the stuff that is hardest for you to do, that's what you score highest for scoring purposes, etc. But you have to do the challenge first, to be the first one to complete it and thus be able to answer any and all questions about it ;)
    Aint nobody got time for dat. lol

You're gonna make me play it aren't you.
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    D6W3N6.png

Oh my gosh your sim is so cute. She looks like a sylvari from gw2!

I can't believe I missed your comment!

Yes, I made her inspired on my Sylvari, Elinor ^^
    6724061.png
  • Megan31917Megan31917 Posts: 457 Member
    @Megan, I want it to be fun lol, that sounds like a nightmare ;) Just want it to take a little time over halloween as a little side family thing for a couple of days play. And the text box for uploads is really small.

OK. You said 'challenge' & I gave you one. It isn't supposed to be easy -it's supposed to be challenging.

Good luck with your game play. Have fun :D

• pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    I need a challenge involving fire and ghosts. below questions have been answered.

I was thinking up a challenge for a lot I'm building along the lines of only using the bbq for cooking. But, I believe you need the fridge to cook on the grill so, is this correct? Can you buy things to cook? Or any other way? As the fridge is too easy to just eat cereal etc.

Thanks

Set a ghost on fire.