Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ok trying to place a house I saved to My Library, how?

catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member
Started a new family placed them on an empty lot, but what I am trying to is move them into a house that I built and saved to My Library, but it isn't letting me place it, at the bottom right hand corner it is blank and when I hover over it it say cannot place lot in this game mode?
How can I place a saved house into my game?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    You have to be in Build Mode (or Buy Mode, whatever you call) to place the house.
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Options
    MoxieAndShadowMoxieAndShadow Posts: 45 Member
    Having similar problems, only the house I want to place on the lot I didn't build. I'm trying to place one from the community library. I tried your idea "Go into Build/Buy mode" from there went to gallery, then community and lots and it won't let me place the house on my lot. I thought maybe I had to add it to my library first, then I would be able to place it on my lot. STILL DID NOT WORK. So no.. you're 'You have to be in Build or Buy Mode' doesn't work. Still needing help.

Just thought of something, maybe it's only possible in edit community mode.. is there an edit community mode? Maybe I should keep checking the forums for help.
  • Options
    ta2shopta2shop Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I have figured it out here r the solution: Menu, Go to Manage Worlds in the Menu, Choose a World (willow creek), Left click on the lot that is empty, Go to the option that says Build, Go to the Gallery, Open it, Click on the house you want to place, Bottom Right icon says Place it, Choose furnished or unfurnished, tada it is done happy simming
  • Options
    Okane1212Okane1212 Posts: 2 New Member
    I am having the same problem except its my first family so i have not yet created a world. Do you know if there is a way to be on build mode if you haven't started yet ??? HELP PLEASE
  • Options
    Okane1212Okane1212 Posts: 2 New Member
    help me !!!!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    No, you can't start on build mode. If you really need to build before you put Sims in the lot (which technically isn't necessary), just create a random Sim and plop them into the game, then go to Manage Households to delete the Sim. Now you can save and focus just on Build mode.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    ta2shop wrote: »
    Hi I have figured it out here r the solution: Menu, Go to Manage Worlds in the Menu, Choose a World (willow creek), Left click on the lot that is empty, Go to the option that says Build, Go to the Gallery, Open it, Click on the house you want to place, Bottom Right icon says Place it, Choose furnished or unfurnished, tada it is done happy simming
    Yup, put the house on the lot saved. When I opened the game again the house had gone back to the gallery. There still seems no way to save it and move anybody in. I can move the sim to a vacant lot but can not have both.

"Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Options
    Yup, put the house on the lot saved. When I opened the game again the house had gone back to the gallery. There still seems no way to save it and move anybody in. I can move the sim to a vacant lot but can not have both. Also, my main menu manage worlds is not available from the main screen, I must load or start a new game first. I placed the house once but can not do so a second time.

"Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Options
    Yup, put the house on the lot saved. When I opened the game again the house had gone back to the gallery. There still seems no way to save it and move anybody in. I can move the sim to a vacant lot but can not have both. Also, my main menu manage worlds is not available from the main screen, I must load or start a new game first. I placed the house once but can not do so a second time.

• Options
    GOT IT! Load Game> Move Sim to Vacant lot> Cheat enough money to buy new house> BULLDOZE vacant lot> F4 gallery> choose house> Place house> choose Furnished / unfurnished. Placed! Now you have house you want!
  • Options
    How do I delete that triple post?! Have no idea how it posted 3 times., sorry for that SNAFU.
  • Options
    ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    I just set households to unplayed, then enter their lot in build mode from map, grab house from gallery and place it. Afterwards, you just select the house and play as normal. No money cheats needed. Additionally, when moving a household from one house to another, you can use the freerealestate cheat.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • Options

ibaeshaC: How do I set households to "unplayed"? What is the Map? (the opening screen where all properties show and you one choose which to put in play?) I don't move my Sims, or haven't as yet. I just start a new household.
  • Options
    annieh79annieh79 Posts: 13 New Member
    hi can some one help me when i go in to the gallery when i am in the game to put a house down in any of the worlds and when i get ready to exit out of the gallery i can 't put the house down becausethe world id there but it looks like it is in the eving time aboyt to get dark it like ashade bloking me from putting house in world
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top