Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

@SimGuruModSquad: Info on change to PartData (CASP) with patch 1.0.732.20.

cmarinetticmarinetti Posts: 147 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
With patch 1.0.732.20 there's a new version of the PartData format (CASP to us modders.) The only significant change I've found is the addition of a four-byte field just before the ResourceKey count and array. Could you tell us whether the old format PartData resources in our existing custom clothing/hair/accessories is still 'safe' to use in the game and if so whether it will become unsafe at some point, to the best of your knowledge? And if possible could you tell us what that additional field is for?

Thanks!

Assistance with @SimGuruModSquad flagging would be appreciated. :)
cmarNYC on MTS.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    @SimGuruModSquad can you take a look please? Thanks!
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited October 2014
    Sorry to butt in as you were asking the Guru, I can't answer for safety of existing work - although my guess based on previous games is that it will continue to be "safe" but may lack future features like the ability to be turned off for wear by townies or used in bad weather or whatever they're planning to bring to us.

Obviously, before everyone's wrappers are updated, it won't be safe to produce new work from items that have the new version of CASP. (btw I made a new s4pe wrapper to take care of the new COBJ, which is on my site for now until Kuree adds it to s4pe)
  • cmarinetticmarinetti Posts: 147 Member
    edited October 2014
    So far all existing CASP items seem to work just fine. There's uncertainty in the community especially among creators who don't know whether they should update all their creations, etc., and some guidance from TPTB would be nice. :smiley:
    cmarNYC on MTS.
  • SimKureeSimKuree Posts: 39 Member
    The unknown field looks like a uint, and the version number also changed from 0x1a to 0x1b. Would you please explain the difference and update the official documents? Thanks in advance.
    You can find my S4PE here.
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    edited October 2014
    Hey guys, I believe you are referring to resource type 0x034AEECB change from version 26 to 27.

Version 26 of the resource is still handled by the code, so existing items do not need to be updated. We do not have plans to discontinue support for 26 at this time.

This change allows a CASP to specify that it uses the normal uv map space of another CAS part. So for example a helmet can use the space of hair because the hair has a higher resolution map and cannot be seen when the helmet is present. Only a select number of parts actually make use of this new feature.
  • SimKureeSimKuree Posts: 39 Member
    So that int functions as an index key to another CAS Part? Hows does that handled in the game. I mean can you give us a list of casp parts that can be referred?
    You can find my S4PE here.
  • _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    ..."This change allows a CASP to specify that it uses the normal uv map space of another CAS part. So for example a helmet can use the space of hair because the hair has a higher resolution map and cannot be seen when the helmet is present. Only a select number of parts actually make use of this new feature."
    This is a great feature. Thank you :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top