Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need help! Propose marriage option gone from one of my games!

Can anyone help me? I sent two of my sims (Sims 3) from the same family to University and they got boyfriends there. When they came home, I wanted them to get married but the option for them to propose marriage has disappeared. Their relationship bars are at the highest level, and they are at extremely irresistible when I search for the option, but it has gone. It is in at least one of my others games as I just tested it but not in my main one. I did recently download some cc clothing and sets from The Sims Resource website but since it is working in other games, I don't think that could be it. Any ideas anyone??

Comments

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Hmm... maybe move them out and back in to the house? I find that resolves a lot of weird little issues I have, but I've never had this. Or break them up and get them back together again (i'd just cheat their relationship back up so it's easier)? Idk, just a couple ideas.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    You might need to reset the town or use NRaas DebugEnabler on city hall to fix the homeworld.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    How did you get your sims and their boyfriends into the same world? If you asked them to move in and therefore become part of your active household while in Uni World, then this should all work. If you invited them to your homeworld for a visit, then this should not work. Visiting sims from another world are actually what's called mini-sims, that is, scaled down data representations of themselves and should never be added to a world or household permanently while in that state.

If you not averse to using mods, NRaas MasterController provides a way to pull full-fledged sims in from another world safely and as permanent residents. Otherwise, the only other way to do this is to dismiss the visitors and go back to Uni World to get the real versions added to your household so they will return home with your sims.

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    How did you get your sims and their boyfriends into the same world? If you asked them to move in and therefore become part of your active household while in Uni World, then this should all work. If you invited them to your homeworld for a visit, then this should not work. Visiting sims from another world are actually what's called mini-sims, that is, scaled down data representations of themselves and should never be added to a world or household permanently while in that state.

If you not averse to using mods, NRaas MasterController provides a way to pull full-fledged sims in from another world safely and as permanent residents. Otherwise, the only other way to do this is to dismiss the visitors and go back to Uni World to get the real versions added to your household so they will return home with your sims.

The boyfriends were moved into the household about a week before the term finished, so they shifted back to the town with the girls as part of the active household. I have the MC mod, plus a few others, but I haven't experimented with everything that they do. I shifted one of the girls out with her boyfriend and he almost immediately proposed. So I added them back into the household and the option to get married is there, but I haven't tested the other sims that way.

@dreamerz13: I'll try moving them out and then back in again and see whether that works. If not, I might have to look into the DebugEnabler as @TadOlson suggest.

Thank you all for your suggestions!
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Can anyone help me? I sent two of my sims (Sims 3) from the same family to University and they got boyfriends there. When they came home, I wanted them to get married but the option for them to propose marriage has disappeared. Their relationship bars are at the highest level, and they are at extremely irresistible when I search for the option, but it has gone. It is in at least one of my others games as I just tested it but not in my main one. I did recently download some cc clothing and sets from The Sims Resource website but since it is working in other games, I don't think that could be it. Any ideas anyone??

I have also had this happen because one of the sims had a romantic interest in another world he had visited and It took me ages to realise why I was not getting the propose option back in the home-world, I wasn't using mods then which is probably the easiest way to resolve the problem I ended up sending him back to the other world where the romantic interest was living and broke up the relationship which fixed the problem. I have also heard other people say they had problems of a similar nature when a romantic interest had died or moved away, Sims rules and regulations quirky as ever LOL

By the way your avatar is so beautiful and cute :D
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

I have also had this happen because one of the sims had a romantic interest in another world he had visited and It took me ages to realise why I was not getting the propose option back in the home-world, I wasn't using mods then which is probably the easiest way to resolve the problem I ended up sending him back to the other world where the romantic interest was living and broke up the relationship which fixed the problem. I have also heard other people say they had problems of a similar nature when a romantic interest had died or moved away, Sims rules and regulations quirky as ever LOL

By the way your avatar is so beautiful and cute :D

That makes sense for one of the two who went to University because she did have another boyfriend but broke up with him before starting up with the new one. Or maybe she didn't break up with him completely, I'll have to check. I don't know why it affected her sister though. The game had no problem letting the two of them get married to the boyfriends they took home from uni once they were engaged while out of the household!!

Thank you :) She is actually a sister of the two sims I'm talking about in this thread. She is absolutely gorgeous and is now a teenager :)
  • Options
    hannemarkhannemark Posts: 41 Member
    I think it is possible to break of from sims in another world by texting message