Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My baby won't grow up

The option to grow up has gone?? for the basinet, any ideas?? I tried resetting baby but the game doesn't acknowledge baby is there.

Comments

• KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    Have you saved your game, gone out to Manage Worlds or main menu, then gone back in? Sometimes that helps reset odd things.
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I just experienced this and was wondering if it was a glitch or intentional from the patch. I'm assuming that in a couple of sim days the baby will force grow up... anyone able to see/use age up?
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited October 2014
    Edit: Mine seems to have reappeared by resetting my adult sim. Strange.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    My game updated today just before play. and baby was born then. I'll try going to manage world, maybe I can grow him up there.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Guys, the option to age up sims on the cake is disabled on aging off.
    Maybe the same case is for babies.

If you play with aging off, while in live mode, go into options, enable aging, age up, options again, disable aging. You don't need to exit the game.
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »

If you play with aging off, while in live mode, go into options, enable aging, age up, options again, disable aging. You don't need to exit the game.

Thank you, I'll try this when I've had some sleep. been playing from 6pm to 2am.
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »

Thank you, I'll try this when I've had some sleep. been playing from 6pm to 2am.

I know how u feel I have been playing today since 5.30pm and stopped at 2am lol
  • LisaHahnLisaHahn Posts: 171 Member
    I just had twins, my sim is a single parent and has to be at work in 4 hours.. It wont let me age them up, the option is gone!
    I wonder why the option is gone, I played a different family this morning and they had a baby, again he wont grow up. and I can't edit him in manage worlds either, the babies are none playable so their picture is there but you can't select them.
    any ideas please.
  • LisaHahnLisaHahn Posts: 171 Member
    I made my sim bake a cake and put candles on it.. There were not options to grow the babies up with the cake but when i clicked on the bassinet the option to grow them up came back. I dont know whats going on?
    Thank you Lisa will try that now.
  • jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    That is how I feel about my uncle but anyways... I would check the aging option!
    I put aging on for played household, bought a cake and the crib came up with the option age up, brilliant, thanks for all your help.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    SimGuruGrant confirmed there's a known bug with aging right now. To age the baby, make sure aging is turned on. You wont be able to turn it off again, or you can, but the sims will age. If that's a problem for you--as it is for me--you'll have to stop playing or make a sim you don't mind aging and start another game for the time being :'(
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I just had a baby in my game a few minutes ago and I noticed the age up was gone as well. As to whether I have aging on or off, I have had it off for the other two babies and still had the option to age up. So this is new for me.
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited October 2014
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    SimGuruGrant confirmed there's a known bug with aging right now. To age the baby, make sure aging is turned on. You wont be able to turn it off again, or you can, but the sims will age. If that's a problem for you--as it is for me--you'll have to stop playing or make a sim you don't mind aging and start another game for the time being :'(
    WWWHHHAAAAA?????? This is horrible. You mean if I turn aging back on so I can age up my baby, the aging bar will get stuck in the 'on' position? Oh, no! This would ruin my game. I've spent three weeks working on my Sims, and I would be absolutely sick if the game got ruined because of this.

I don't want to start a new game. It's taken me three real-life weeks to get my Sim's woodworking skill up decently high, and it's still not maxed out. Why the freak does it take so long for their woodworking skill to go up? It would be just awful to have to start that skill out from scratch again.

(Edit: By the way, I have the same problem as the people above. My Sims had a baby after the latest patch, with aging turned off, and there is no option to age the baby up via the cradle.)

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    I'm going to suggest something that might be a tad risky. Make a copy of your Sims4 folder and save it on a flash drive. You can also save it in your documents folder. Rename it Sims4_backup. Then go into Origin in your My Games, right click on the Sims4 and select "repair game". When it is done, you'll get the command popup that your game is ready to play. Get into your game, if it seems to play okay, exit again. Then replace the new Saves folder with your original Saves folder (from you now Sims4_backup folder). Your saved games will all be there. See if that helps. (For more information see Crinrict's Notes on returning your game to factory default [Vanilla]).

Good luck! I hope this works for you. This fixed my intermittent freezing my game was having patch prior to this latest one.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited October 2014
    Penelope wrote: »
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    WWWHHHAAAAA?????? This is horrible. You mean if I turn aging back on so I can age up my baby, the aging bar will get stuck in the 'on' position? Oh, no! This would ruin my game. I've spent three weeks working on my Sims, and I would be absolutely sick if the game got ruined because of this.

I don't want to start a new game. It's taken me three real-life weeks to get my Sim's woodworking skill up decently high, and it's still not maxed out. Why the freak does it take so long for their woodworking skill to go up? It would be just awful to have to start that skill out from scratch again.

(Edit: By the way, I have the same problem as the people above. My Sims had a baby after the latest patch, with aging turned off, and there is no option to age the baby up via the cradle.)

Yup, that's why this is such a big deal!! Many of us prefer to play with aging off and then age our sims at the right time. It works best for rotational play and storytelling--both key aspects of my Simming activities :'(

I tried making another game to play temporarily and I just can't get into it--I was having fun with the game I was playing and the sims I was working on a story with :'(

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12791823/#Comment_12791823

EDIT: oh yay! SimGuruGrant acknowledged the aging off issue too, so now we just wait. I guess I'll catch up on forum postings and reading Sim blogs. Anyone want to plug their blog now???
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
    I didn't know this, I was just going to turn aging off to. Thanks for the info simmers. I hope it gets put right for the next update.
  • cl4ud14rosecl4ud14rose Posts: 1 New Member
    I was doing the 100 Baby Challenge. My Sim had already raised 12 children. Then she had 5 babies (not all at once). And I never got a notice that it was their birthday. My Sim starved to death trying to quiet all 5 babies. I tried again with a new Sim, but still the same problem, the babies are not aging up on their own. How can I fix this?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I was doing the 100 Baby Challenge. My Sim had already raised 12 children. Then she had 5 babies (not all at once). And I never got a notice that it was their birthday. My Sim starved to death trying to quiet all 5 babies. I tried again with a new Sim, but still the same problem, the babies are not aging up on their own. How can I fix this?

A couple of things to try that might reset things for you. One is to send your Sim to a different lot and back; this resets the lot. Another is a folder reset:

1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders and the file back and start the game again.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Is aging on in your game? You can manually age babies up.
  • OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    I read the title and was thinking "Yeah, my mom thinks the same thing" (in real life mind you).

I'm in my 40's and whenever I go to visit my parents I'm not allowed to leave without 3 - 4 bags of groceries, and she guilt trips me if I try to say I don't need them lol

Sorry for the off topic, but the thread title made me chuckle.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    I play with aging off, but usually have an interaction pop up where I can age the baby if I want. I haven't checked on the baby I have since the last patch though.
  • CoolCat2030CoolCat2030 Posts: 1 New Member
    I did this and it worked!!! I was supper stressed because I’ve been working on this for the longest time! Thank you [quote="LisaHahn;c-12787696"]I made my sim bake a cake and put candles on it.. There were not options to grow the babies up with the cake but when i clicked on the bassinet the option to grow them up came back. I dont know whats going on?[/quote]
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top