Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Soulmate Aspiration Driving Me Up The Wall!

I mean, honestly! Why do I have to get my husband angry and apologise to him? It's insane! Every single time he's angry only 'apologise in bed' shows up which doesn't count. The other option mysteriously vanishes whenever I need it. I'm so annoyed here, I can't even put it into words. My relationship keeps going completely down so I spend ages fixing it only to try and get him angry again. What a stupid aspiration goal this is!

Right, rant over, sorry. Did anyone find a good solution for this? Did it actually work for you guys?

Comments

• sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited October 2014
    No...YOU have to get angry and apologize. It's really hard to accomplish. I found some hapless sim out and about and picked a fight with her until my Sim was Very Angry, then went home, and yelled at my spouse. Once that happened, I was able to Apologize and all was groovy. It was the only way I could do it without basically destroying their relationship, though I've gone that route, too.

PS Apologize is pretty much buried under Friendly.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Make the sims angry by any means you like (i.e. memories, paintings, arguing with strangers, whatever works) then have them do ONE negative interaction and apologize to each other. That should work, shouldn´t it? Says nowhere that they have to be angry at each other...
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited October 2014
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    It's a little tricky.

What I did was let all their moodlet buffs wear off and I took them into a room with zero decor so there was no emotional interference. I insulted him once, he got mad, then I made him insult my sim, and she got mad and then I made them both apologize to each other and it completed for both.

That is what I dislike about TS4, which is a game that I overall quite enjoy. This that you have described is not life simulation anymore. If you are forced top create a special room and then force an unecessary argument only to complete quests, life simulation has been thrown out of the window.

I hope EPs completely make a U-Turn and abandon this route.
    Post edited by pguida on
  • makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    Thanks for all the comments guys, I'm going to give them a try later. Had to quit the game for a bit because instead of getting my sims angry I was the one getting worked up lol.
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    Bella and Morty's relatinship went down the drain before I could get them both mad, but in the end it worked. It took a while because they would autonomously be friendly and flirty to each other all the time.
    Their relatinship bars were back at max in no time, though.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I'm sad that you can have multiple soulmates. I liked the idea of scouring the worlds for my sim's true love. With my luck, the soulmate would have been hideous, but the search would have been fun.

You'd think someone in a loving relationship would want to avoid taking their anger out on their mate rather than making it one of their goals. Oh, wait. It's the apology. Maybe they took advice from Lazarus Long, "If you're ever in an argument with your spouse and discover you're right, apologize immediately." Something like that anyway.
  • ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    Definitely easier if you pick a sim not in the relationship to pick a fight with. Then use that anger to be mean to spouse once. It won't harm your relationship at all really, then you can apologize and get to the make-up woohoo.

FYI: This is exactly how I accomplished this goal.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC