Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which world/expansion pack should I choose?

Hi! I am considering buying a new expansion pack or a new world; however, I am having trouble deciding. :)

It is between The Sims 3 Generations, Late Night and Roaring Heights at the moment.
I am very fond of playing with families, careers, and generations, but at the same time I am curious about Late Nights, and regarding Roaring Heights, I absolutely love the clothing, hair and city. But is it worth the money? If so, is the standard bundle good enough, or should I get the gold bundle?
What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I love the stuff that comes with late night. Generations is good too.

I have roaring heights too but have never played a game in it.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited October 2014
    Buy one of the two EPs, both are great, and you get tons of stuff with EPs, a world (even a gold one) doesn't even come close. I don't own Rolling Heights yet, but I own most of the other store worlds, and although they are nice to have a world alone really doesn't add much to your game.

If you want a new world buy Late Night and you get the world Bridgeport PLUS you get tons of new items (Bars and musical instruments), new clothing, new social interactions, and new skills.

With Generations you don't get a new world, however you get a lot of new stuff, social interactions, and skills. So I would say the order to buy is:

1) Late Night
    2) Generations
    3) Rolling Heights, but only if you don't have the other EPs. Personally I feel buying all the EPs first is a better idea, (Supernatural is a personal favorite, because it has the best clothing IMHO).

For more info, Carl's Sims gives a nice run down on all the stuff that come with the EPs:

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/latenight/
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/generations/

Edit: Just noticed Carl's also has info on RH, so here is that link too:

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/worlds/roaringheights.php
  • Options
    HopeAKHopeAK Posts: 309 Member
    Thank you so much :D
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    One other thing I just thought about, so wanted to mention, every once in a while Origins will have a nice sale on Sims 3 stuff. So you might want to keep an eye out over the holidays. Some of the EPs and stuff packs that I have picked up have been really cheap that way, like around $10-15 dollars, and I have even gotten some for as low as $6.99. Just something to think about.
  • Options
    I have considered that option, but I would like to have the expansion pack as a CD- disc, not as a download. :) But the low price would be a huge plus though. It is actually kind of odd that the Sims 3 games have not decreased in price after Sims 4 came out.
  • Options
    chichinghuichichinghui Posts: 267 Member
    I personally would say late night is a good buy
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Late Night adds a fair amount of new activities, musical instruments/skills and types of venue for your towns. There are a lot of special items that come with this which I enjoy - the grand piano is an especially nice touch.

I generally opt out of the Celebrity system unless I plan to play specifically with those goals at the forefront of my game - otherwise it quickly becomes a nuisance. I also find that high-rise living is a hassle - it takes a long while to even enter or leave a building, and now when I play in Bridgeport, I go for a favorite ground-level starter house near the water.

For town layout, architectural elements, style and fun, I recommend Roaring Heights highly. But I would probably get Late night first, so that you can makeover all the beachfront venues into glamorous nightclubs of various flavors. And how can you really experience the glories of the Jazz Age if you can't have a glossy, black grand piano in your stylish downtown flat?

Generations adds a ton of stuff for kids especially, but it would be third on my list as far as how I play the game goes.
  • Options
    Ended up ordering generations :) Can’t wait to get it! Thank you everyone for your opinions.
  • Options
    aprlmaprlm Posts: 660 Member
    congrats,on getting generations :smiley:
    a.k.a *April* My Sims 3 page