Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Decorator Tips

Comments

• HunnysuckleHunnysuckle Posts: 12 New Member
    Thanks so much for this! I'm new to Sims and recently just started building/creating. This helps alot. Thanks to all for sharing your wonderful ideas, tips!!
  • moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    You are all awesome. Came here because I couldn't remember how to do corner tiles and couldn't find it with search. Found it right here in your thread and picked up some great decorating tips along the way! Thanks :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Your walk in closet looks great @nualla8673 :) It looks great how you have used the windows there. It is a great idea to put the fluorescent light bulbs under to the kitchen cabinets to create a nice light effect.
  • GiggggzGiggggz Posts: 40 Member
    Hey @nualla8673. Your walk-in closet looks great. I love the fluro light idea under the cabinets too :)
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited October 2014
    @nualla8673 I love your ideas for the closet and the lighting under the cabinets. I really love my coffee and your coffee counter area is perfect. :)
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    @Mstybl95 I used your idea of counters for a computer desk in this kids' room I was finishing up. Love it! It will be my new favorite decorating thing :p

10-09-14_9-55nbspAM_zpsea2938aa.png
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I hope it's ok to post this here, I just came across it in ehaught's thread and thought it was a genius way of making a fake garage:
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    Loma Verde Drive_by ehaught58. 2 Bedrooms, 2 Bath, (car, garage and pool are décor items.)
    1_zps586563e0.jpg
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    @elanorbreton I love that idea. ehaught58 always has awesome builds and ideas.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • CayreesCayrees Posts: 147 Member
    hello everyone :)
    rly tx for tips, i like it very much :)
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Omg this awesome, sometimes I just want to hit myself on the head because it's like duh how come i didnt think of that lol
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Wow, thanks for all the new tips! I am taking notes. I love the closets and seeing how everyone else takes the ideas and makes them their own.
    I wish counters can round inward instead of outward all the time lol, also someone mentioned refrigerators not connected to counters and vice versa and I agree that needs to be fixed because it appears unfinished lol
    I wish counters can round inward instead of outward all the time lol, also someone mentioned refrigerators not connected to counters and vice versa and I agree that needs to be fixed because it appears unfinished lol

I think there is a rounded inwards option. Um, I believe the rounded out is at the bottom and rounded in is at the top.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

I think there is a rounded inwards option. Um, I believe the rounded out is at the bottom and rounded in is at the top.

Awesomesauce, I'll check it out once I get home. Thank you
  • ObsidianMyst78ObsidianMyst78 Posts: 308 Member
    Omg this awesome, sometimes I just want to hit myself on the head because it's like duh how come i didnt think of that lol

I feel the same way when I see all these decorating tips!

Here is one of my kitchens that I did. I am having a lot of fun playing with the counters. It was always awkward in TS3 when a kitchen had a lot of corners, not so much now.

o8JL7x.png

View my builds HERE.
    Gallery ID: RAINE78 or click HERE
    [img][/img]16960920500_af39128c74_o.jpgSims Homes by raines_secret, on Flickr

I feel the same way when I see all these decorating tips!

Here is one of my kitchens that I did. I am having a lot of fun playing with the counters. It was always awkward in TS3 when a kitchen had a lot of corners, not so much now.

o8JL7x.png

Right lol, your kitchen looks amazing
  • nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    @Mstybl95 I noticed you had a lot more clutter on your corner computer countertop than I am able to get. What is your secret?
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Your use of the counter for the computer desk in your kids room looks great @nualla8673 :)
    The design and furnishing of your kitchen is very nice! @ObsidianMyst78 :) It looks very nice how you have placed the counters and cabinets!
    edited October 2014
    @nualla8673 - Picking the right slot and size for things. Honestly, I've been trying to get the books to lean against the wall and I have not been able to reproduce it on any other counter except that one. It's strange. Most of the time it is sideways when I try to place it. The box of tissue will literally place anywhere and so will the pens. So I always leave those for the clutter. --Oh, and then sims will usually place stuff on the counter. My sims always put the tablet on this counter, too.

• HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    > @Sparkle said:
    > So glad I stumbled across this thread - some really cool stuff in here :D
    >
    > The cabinets used for the media centre and desk are also really good for creating built in wardrobes/vanity in bedrooms too :)
    >
    >
    >
    > The MOO mod sounds awesome but one reason I haven't bothered downloading it is that I figured it wouldn't work on gallery transfers given the games love of auto deleting over lapping items. I'm surprised it doesn't work within the creators own game though :(
    This is a neat thread! Great idea for the cabinets never thought about that. :)
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Thank you all for the great tips have book marked this one so I can use it. It is always great to see tips that I've never thought about before.
  • jesse94jesse94 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @ObsidianMyst78 said:
    > libra_style wrote: »
    >
    > Omg this awesome, sometimes I just want to hit myself on the head because it's like duh how come i didnt think of that lol
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I feel the same way when I see all these decorating tips!
    >
    > Here is one of my kitchens that I did. I am having a lot of fun playing with the counters. It was always awkward in TS3 when a kitchen had a lot of corners, not so much now.
    I was curious about how to use cabinets in kitchen with windows. Nicely used.