Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: (Announcement Added) The Unofficial University Challenge (Version 0.2)

2...Next

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Sounds fun!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    My suggestion is to make a simpler format for this being that it is a little hard to read. Otherwise I love it and can't wait to see this developed further and I can't wait for some school related EP for the Sims 4! :)
    edited April 2015
    > @Patchymittens said:
    > I have a question what times are 15:00 and 17:00? Also, bookmarked this because it looks awesome. Just might be hard to take 8 sims to 3 different classes at the same time. Nice challenge though! :D
    15=3 17=5
    Search "Military Time" On google a it has a little converter on the side and says a little bit about what is referred to as "Military Time
    I'm pretty sure it states that you only HAVE to focus on one sim. I'm going to control one sim but take the others to their classes
    I made a household for this challenge and i was wondering if I should upload it to the gallery with any hashtag or if I could find any dorms/classes to use
  • MeowRawr126MeowRawr126 Posts: 1 New Member
    This challenge sounds incredible! I have always been a fan of Sims 2 University so obviously I practically fainted when reading this! It sounds like a very fun challenge and I am about to go start building the dorms! Thanks so much for this amazing idea for a university challenge as all the other ones I've seen looked to be a piece of work. :smile:
  • PomskyGalPomskyGal Posts: 1 New Member
    How do I add the Mod to my game ?
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Zerbu Custom emotion?! Can I see?!
  • PurpleberryPurpleberry Posts: 2 New Member
    how long is each semester?
  • MusicPromMusicProm Posts: 6 New Member
    Hey @number1THfan Did you start taking over this challenge cause these majors are pretty good?!
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Zerbu wrote: »
    -- ATTENTION EVERYONE --
    You may or may not already know, but I make mods for The Sims 4. Lately, I've been getting into the deeper parts of modding, and have been able to create test traits...

they are not working as of cats and dogs. I really enjoyed them whilst I had them.
  • NickIsLameNickIsLame Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Zerbu said:
    > -- ATTENTION EVERYONE --
    > You may or may not already know, but I make mods for The Sims 4. Lately, I've been getting into the deeper parts of modding, and have been able to create test traits, test moodlets and even a test custom emotion - yes, that's horrible. I've started studying careers, and figured that I may be able to create careers that act as classes, and have the goals of this challenge. If I am successful, I may abandon this challenge in favour of those new mods.
    >
    > It will be at least months - probably years - until we get an official University expansion pack for The Sims 4, so until that day comes, this challenge will allow you to get the university experience from the game.
    >
    > This challenge is under constructions. If there is any part you think is too hard or too easy, please let me know.
    >
    > (*) Table of Contents (*)
    > Setup
    > Core Rules
    > Majors

Has the mod been made yet, or was it abandoned?
  • Anime_CakeAnime_Cake Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi, I am kind of looking for some more majors, here are my suggestions:
    Cooking/Baking:
    Cook/Bake x meals/sweets or read cooking/baking as assignments and/or homework.

Engineering:
    Logic skill/Mechanic skill thingey (I don't remember what it's called, lol, the skill earned by repairing or using the woodworking table. Like this, there could also be Mechanic/Entrepreneur, which is the same, except for them requiring little to no logic.)

Bussines/Economist
    Logic and writing. (Like, having the writing for filling papers etc.) This would be good for the Bussines career, or for a person looking to run a store (economist-ish.)

Medicine (GTW)
    Logic, collecting samples and such, using that machine thingey and other stuff to examine it.

Bodybuilding/Detective-ish
    This would be a mainly building of fitness. Logic if the detective career. (GTW) Both require you to be in shape, the detective also some thinking.

I just thought it would be cool like this. Before knowing about this challenge, I have been playing on a "university" with teens, where their high school would be their studies, and back at the dorm they'd kind of slack off. I kind of make it like a story, each with their own personality and dreams, drama and so on.

Really enjoy your challenge, keep it up! :)
  • Lucy5621Lucy5621 Posts: 1 New Member
    You could add a cooking course
    Freshman
    Required Skills: 2 Cooking Skill
    Task: Cook a meal. Spend any remaining time Cooking other meals.
    Homework: Practice musical instrument for at least six hours total.

Sophomore
    Required Skills: 4 Cooking Skill
    Task: Cook two meals. Spend any remaining time Cooking other meals.
    Homework: Play two songs, and practice musical instrument for at least six hours total.

Junior
    Required Skills: 6 Cooking Skill
    Task: Cook a Gourmet meal. Spend any remaining time Cooking other meals.
    Homework: Play two long songs and three short songs, and practice musical instrument for at least six hours total.

Senior
    Required Skills: 8 Cooking Skill
    Task: Cook a Gourmet meal and a normal meal. Spend any remaining time Cooking other meals.
    Homework: Write a custom song within the first four days, and play the song in class on the last day.

I love this challenge and will play take it on soon. <3
  • TopazRavenTopazRaven Posts: 1 New Member
    been over a year since the last post but Sims 4 Discovering University as been announced