Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Runaway Teen Challenge [Updated 03/10/19]

Comments

• GigglecakeGigglecake Posts: 114 Member
    I'm doing a kind of Runaway Teen challenge, and I've been able to get around that by making sack lunches and brushing teeth a lot. LOL
  • Naia0054Naia0054 Posts: 34 New Member
    thanks so much @Rainydayz179 i begun about an hour ago and my sim already has a complete house
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    @Naia0054 @Gigglecake Glad to hear you're enjoying the challenge! Sorry for the slow response. We had no electric due to the hurricane until about an hour ago.

I have been thinking about adding in something to the rules regarding the character traits. Namely, the responsibility. I realized that skipping school so much would likely result in the irresponsible trait. Do either of you have Parenthood? Have you noticed this happening? I was thinking of suggesting buying school projects out of buy mode and maybe doing them would up it.
  • ResSteelResSteel Posts: 63 Member
    I did this challenge and I had a blast! I greatly recommend it!
    ResSteel wrote: »
    I did this challenge and I had a blast! I greatly recommend it!

Glad you enjoyed it! :) What challenge are you doing next?
    **The rules have been updated to reflect the fact that skipping school will result in the irresponsible trait. Thanks to MyInnerSim for testing this out for me!

If anyone notices something else that needs noted please let me know!
  • MzCentral2012MzCentral2012 Posts: 2 New Member
    Would child support mess up the rules cause I have that for another game
    Would child support mess up the rules cause I have that for another game

Yea, I mean it's your game but if it's a lot of money it seems kinda cheaty. You could always take the money away using the money cheat so you don't have to mess with your settings when switching between saves.
  • 44robot444robot4 Posts: 1 New Member
    So my teen can't have a part time job??
  • katieandtracykatieandtracy Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been playing this challenge for 3 days now. My little house now has a full kitchen with small dining area (a fridge, stove, sink, and counter. Two chairs and table), bath (sink, toilet, and shower), bedroom (bed, nightstand, and dresser), and living room (couch, 2 chairs, coffee table, and rug) my sim is still a teen with a boyfriend that I had move in with her. I do have a mod that allows teen pregnancy (MC Command). Is my teen allowed to get a part time job?
    @44robot4 @katieandtracy

Sorry guys! I somehow didn't see these questions! I'm sure it's probably too late to answer because if it were me I wouldn't have waited days without playing but here you go...

"3. You can’t have a part-time job. You can’t have a full-time job when you are a young adult until you have a home. (At least 1 kitchen, 1 bath and 1 bedroom)"

This was assuming that you wouldn't be able to build a full house until after your teen aged to YA I'm sure. So, yes @katieandtracy she can get a job.

Once again, I'm sorry for the late answer. This thread rarely gets any action anymore.
    Updated today 11/12/17 to add a rule regarding the new expansion pack Cats and Dogs: Just as in Sims 3 you can adopt a pet or befriend a stray.  Be sure you can afford all of the items that the pet will need first!  You can also use them to search for collectibles to sell.  From what I've seen so far it can be very lucrative. 

I can't see anything else that is in this pack that might affect the challenge but if you do notice something please contact me and I'll add it.
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    edited November 2017
    Updated today 11/12/17 to add a rule regarding the new expansion pack Cats and Dogs: Just as in Sims 3 you can adopt a pet or befriend a stray.  Be sure you can afford all of the items that the pet will need first!  You can also use them to search for collectibles to sell.  From what I've seen so far it can be very lucrative. 

I can't see anything else that is in this pack that might affect the challenge but if you do notice something please contact me and I'll add it.

If you are in a teen house can social services come for you if you do not go to school?
    Rudiarose wrote: »
    If you are in a teen house can social services come for you if you do not go to school?

Nope. The only negative result other than the obvious poor grades is bad responsibility which will likely result in the irresponsible trait... if you have Parenthood.
    Updated!
    gnome.jpg?w=126&h=118
    Thanks to Anichelle for bringing it to my attention that the gnome price was raised to $15. RIP gnome army. *new*
    11-23-17_1-28-55c2a0pm.png?w=184&h=300

[*]If you don’t want to use the money cheat each time you’ve traveled to subtract $10, which frankly gets annoying really quick, purchase the directional arrows that came with the base game. You may place one free wall on the lot for the arrows. Cheat yourself $60. The new shrinking option using the [ bracket would be helpful here and it might be fun to make designs on your traveling wall. If for whatever reason you are opposed to the new traveling wall you may elect to purchase a mega houseplant pot for every time you travel and the return trip. This will increase your bills… which would make it more of a challenge. *new*
    Rules updated with tips from TigerLover for preventing them gaining the irresponsible trait if you have Parenthood.

Parenthood: Skipping school will give your teen the irresponsible trait. Thanks to TigerLover for letting me know that you can combat this through the use of school projects bought from buy mode, taking out the trash, brushing teeth, feeding pets, cleaning litter boxes, and training dogs. She was able to get the responsible trait when a few days before her teen aged up she had a full red bar. It is doable with some work. I’d highly recommend at least preventing them from getting the irresponsible trait. Especially if you plan to get them a job when they age up.
  • simmermagicalsimmermagical Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi!
    Whats the cheat that minus's 10simleons (sim money, don't know how to spell it) :smile:
    Thanks
    Hi!
    Whats the cheat that minus's 10simleons (sim money, don't know how to spell it) :smile:
    Thanks

Hi! With testingcheats on (that's the cheat) type money and then subtract §10 from whatever your current funds are. So if you currently have §516 you would type: money 506 in order to subtract the ten. I've also added a traveling wall option with the arrows that are part of basegame wall decor if you want to purchase something for ten instead. Have fun! Sorry I didn't respond quicker I wasn't at the PC today. If you have Twitter it's easier to reach me. I'm rainydayzgamez :)
  • KeobiiiKeobiii Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m gonna give this challenge a try, since I’m now done with my Asylum challenge

I’m gonna do this challenge as a boy since I see alot using a girl (and it doesn’t say in the rules which gender it has to be)

I already have a background story, and I’m gonna give him some normal clothes, the thing with that is that if I would runaway from home I would take some normal clothes with me, so I can blend in that’s why I decided to give him some normal looking not dirty clothes, if anyone is interested in the background story whatsoever I can leave it here or make a blog, I’m not sure. However warning: the story is rather sad.
    Thank you for this great challenge!
    @Keobiii Sorry I missed this! ^^ I hope things went well. Yes, I'm not sure why but most people do use a girl for the challenge. Feel free to link your blog here if you'd like. Links won't work for new members so you'll need to separate the URL somehow.
    The rules have been update to add a note for those who are purchasing the new Laundry Day pack as follows...

Laundry Stuff: You may purchase the wash basin and clothesline for your home lot for realism.  You may not purchase the washer and dryer until you have an enclosed space.  You may add a washer and dryer to one community lot.  If you'd like to you can remove some funds for their use but that is entirely up to you. 
  • dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    I adjusted the rules a bit to play the Runaway Teen challenge on hard mode/extreme mode, meaning you can't sell stuff directly from your inventory, for realism's sake. (I got this idea from Thesimsupply's rags to riches extreme challenge video.)

There isn't really a way to make money that way without first traveling to another lot with a computer or music instrument or selling table, so starting with 0 and taking of a $10 for traveling would be an issue. I decided I only had to deduct a 'bus fare' if I was traveling far, to another town, not for traveling to a nearby lot, as that would theoretically be possible without taking public transport.

Another issue was that the selling tables from the flea market (city living expansion) are bugged so no one is able to buy anything from your sim right now. I decided to fill the table, start the street sale, and when the street sale event was over, I just sold everything on the table using my inventory. It's stupid, but that at least limited how much, where and when my sim could sell things. I just wanted it to feel realistic.

For that realistic feel, I also made sure to have her use the woodworking table a lot. She made a lot of the furniture for her future home herself, and when it was time to build the house, her handiness skill was high enough that I could pretend she made her house herself. It turned out to be a more of a cabin, using some Outdoor Retreat objects for looks and cheapness.
    I also had her buy the Outdoor Retreat camp fire to roast and eat the fish she caught, before she had a home. And now she uses the laundry tub to do her laundry, which I love.
    Once I become a full member here, I can post pictures, if anyone's interested.

All in all the challenge might have been a bit too easy, using the City Living expansion. You can easily win 500 at the humor and hijinks festival, for example.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
    @dopaminedroid So funny that you thought to do this! I did the same thing but decided to do it in Sims 3 since the flea market table is broken. I think it's a great way to play and you're right it does add to the realism.
  • AmeliePoptartAmeliePoptart Posts: 22 Member
    I just spent my weekend doing this challenge. It was my first one ever, and I loved it so much!

In my game, I added the extra challenge of only building furniture for the home on the craft table, or buying/haggling from the Flea Market (City Living). I also found functional sleeping bags made by PickyPikachu to use before I caved in and bought a Outdoor Retreat
    I just spent my weekend doing this challenge. It was my first one ever, and I loved it so much!

In my game, I added the extra challenge of only building furniture for the home on the craft table, or buying/haggling from the Flea Market (City Living). I also found functional sleeping bags made by PickyPikachu to use before I caved in and bought a Outdoor Retreat

Sounds like you had fun. I love Outdoor Retreat. There's a lot of content in that pack other than Granite Falls. I use the tent at the start of practically every challenge I do. :D