Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆Color My World☆ Rainbowcy (Update 5/7)

Comments

• Makayla_MakaPakaMakayla_MakaPaka Posts: 771 Member
    *cries eternally* I want Am to come back so he can meet the new baby. But that was a pretty smart clue - though I think Coal is right, I don't think Amaranth would have guess that. I certainly didn't - I just thought she had a crazy ice cream craving! Mimosa was very sweet in this chapter, and I kind of ship Holly and Coal now >.>

@AEventyr - Back to the Future day was yesterday, for me! There was a few jokes going around about it, it's a bit weird to think that now, BTTF is set in the past! 2015 certainly turned out different than expected.
  • iButterfreeiButterfree Posts: 2,043 Member
    starguru wrote: »
    I understand how something like that will complicate the story, but those are the things that make it more entertaining and worthwhile. And that is totally fine; I haz patience!

I’d never heard of that game until I looked it up after you mentioned it. Idk that crying over the game was a good idea though, seeing as how you were already getting weepy from writing one of the upcoming chapters. How will you possibly NaNo if your eyes are wrecked and you’re snotting all over your keyboard?! :p

I have no idea! :o But I’d guess it would just be marshmallow with yellow coloring. I’m not sure if having its own unique flavor would be good though—it might be like some nasty jelly bean flavor from HP, such as yellow snow! :grimace: Lol. But blue raspberry Jolly Ranchers are good, although I admit I like almost all raspberry flavored things. :)

Hopefully the wait shouldn't be too bad. I've started working on some of the random side posts- including Eden and Eden having some babies as I got bored the other night :smiley: The result was pretty much what I expected.

It's a highly impressive game. It gets a lot darker and intense than what you ever could have imagined at the beginning. The ending was a bit predictable (give up a "smaller" thing to save the "bigger" thing, or give up the bigger thing to protect the smaller thing), but it hit all the right parts in order to ensure lots of tears :lol: There's lots of Let's Plays of it out there if it's something that seemed interesting to you. I'd recommend YOGCAST Kim's to get a peak at it.

I just figured if it was yellow marshmallow that there had to be something different to it. Otherwise, why not just call it Marshmallow?
    I ended up getting me some Jolly Ranchers today, as I was planning on trying to make some candy coated apples with them anyway.

AEventyr wrote: »
    HAPPY BACK TO THE FUTURE DAY!! Mary McFly will touch down somewhere in California in approximately 29 minutes from this posting! Okay, now off to work because I'm working overnights until the end of the month and won't catch up until the weekend. :cry:

To be hones, I've never been much of a BTTF fan, but the significance of this overall point in time is pretty cool :blush: Maybe I'll have to give the movies another watch some point soon.

That sucks about the overnights. I can barely stand working the evening shifts.

*cries eternally* I want Am to come back so he can meet the new baby. But that was a pretty smart clue - though I think Coal is right, I don't think Amaranth would have guess that. I certainly didn't - I just thought she had a crazy ice cream craving! Mimosa was very sweet in this chapter, and I kind of ship Holly and Coal now >.>

Don't we all :weary:

I wasn't expecting the clue to be found out so easily. I just merely wanted to sneak in a little something since I did indeed figure a good portion of readers had at least thought in their minds that Ethereal might be pregnant. Can't let myself become too obvious.

Yeah, there's not a good chance of Amaranth having figured it out, and Coal pointed that out at a very bad time when Ethereal did not need to hear it :lol:
    mss8gv9
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    starguru wrote: »
    I understand how something like that will complicate the story, but those are the things that make it more entertaining and worthwhile. And that is totally fine; I haz patience!

I’d never heard of that game until I looked it up after you mentioned it. Idk that crying over the game was a good idea though, seeing as how you were already getting weepy from writing one of the upcoming chapters. How will you possibly NaNo if your eyes are wrecked and you’re snotting all over your keyboard?! :p

I have no idea! :o But I’d guess it would just be marshmallow with yellow coloring. I’m not sure if having its own unique flavor would be good though—it might be like some nasty jelly bean flavor from HP, such as yellow snow! :grimace: Lol. But blue raspberry Jolly Ranchers are good, although I admit I like almost all raspberry flavored things. :)

Hopefully the wait shouldn't be too bad. I've started working on some of the random side posts- including Eden and Eden having some babies as I got bored the other night :smiley: The result was pretty much what I expected.

It's a highly impressive game. It gets a lot darker and intense than what you ever could have imagined at the beginning. The ending was a bit predictable (give up a "smaller" thing to save the "bigger" thing, or give up the bigger thing to protect the smaller thing), but it hit all the right parts in order to ensure lots of tears :lol: There's lots of Let's Plays of it out there if it's something that seemed interesting to you. I'd recommend YOGCAST Kim's to get a peak at it.

I just figured if it was yellow marshmallow that there had to be something different to it. Otherwise, why not just call it Marshmallow?
    I ended up getting me some Jolly Ranchers today, as I was planning on trying to make some candy coated apples with them anyway.
    Edenx2 babbies! :o That would distract me for certain, lol.

Although I’ve tried, I can’t watch Let’s Plays of anything—they bore the crap out of me with all that just sitting there and watching someone else play. :lol: It sounds like a great game for the genre, but I’m not into adventure games (or games with a lot of cutscenes). I mainly play simulations, strategies and RPG’s. And generally speaking, the more open-ended and/or customizable a game is, the better I tend to like it.

Marketing? Just calling it “Marshmallow” wouldn’t be very appealing, but having the rhyme in “Yellow Marshmallow” and coloring it that way makes it seem more distinctive and would improve sales, or so I would guess.

Cool about the Jolly Rancher-coated apple idea! Although I’d probably use them to make Jolly Rancher vodka instead, lol.
    Chapter Four

ddd6014f-a406-4b4c-846a-f2c9bdbdcd9e_zps1ysjwkcm.jpg

It had been hard to break out of my melancholy mood, but the challenge I was facing was finally beginning to surge some energy through me. My glazed over expression instead narrowed in determination as I had to now pay attention if I didn't want to get absolutely pummeled. I hadn't even noticed how far ahead in points Rosemary had gotten, or that she was now duking it out with Malachite for first place.

"You're finally starting to learn." Malachite teased as he only just avoided letting Rosemary total his car with hers.
    "And soon you're not even going to have time to trash talk." she warned competitively.

Malachite simply shrugged and continued speeding along, but there was loud shouting and cursing on his part and raucous cheering on Rosemary's part when her car once again came out of nowhere to successfully annihilate Malachite's car off the track this time around.

"Are you sure you don't want to pick a different place to read?" I asked the question to one of the others sitting on the other couch.

d05ac4d0-c213-421f-a691-3fdfb04a97ed_zpseuhofqss.jpg

Uncle Eden glanced up from his book for a brief second to give me a smile before he continued with his story.

"Please," he scoffed, "Ethereal and her friends were way worse than you lot. Allium alone could make enough noise to drive me out of the house in insanity. There were times where it felt as if running away to his house to hide from him was the lone thing that did stop me from going crazy."
    "Pfft, 'hiding'. Is that what you call you and mom sleeping together?" Hunter joked mischievously, never taking his eyes off the television.
    "Hey, that didn't start until years later." Uncle Eden countered back almost nonchalantly over the sound of the rest of us laughing.

Hunter has teased him too many times about the topic for him to still be embarrassed about it.

"Suuure." Hunter replied in sarcastic nonbelief.

c127f2f6-be0a-4379-aa0a-2891c985959c_zpsesfnjqcc.jpg

His big grin vanished for a moment when I snuck up behind him to blast his car into pieces and claim third place, but it wasn't much longer before his fighting expression was back. Hunter and I went at it in order to reach third place as Malachite and Rosemary were too far head to catch up. The one who came in last place would have to give up his controller to Wisp, who sat on the floor merely watching as he had lost the previous round.

Wisp and I had been spending a lot of time over at Uncle Eden's house in the past several days. Wisp's presence was usual as it made sense for him to go where two of his posse were already at, and I went with him as I couldn't stand staying at home for great periods of time anymore. Honestly, I tried to stay away except for at night and for breakfast in the morning. It had been five days, and dad remained missing. No one was sure what to think. The last thing anyone wanted to do was mark him as dead, but there had been no demands or the slightest bit of contact made with his potential captors. The police didn't have any idea how to proceed as there was no information to follow. Special Officer Noble was getting stumped as well since Company activity remained quiet.

It was my nightmare come true. Not knowing the truth was just as bad as not having dad around. That was why being at mom's childhood home was nice as it was always loud, and that noise helped to block the fretting and panicking my mind now craved. Mom said it was amusing to her that her old house was now one of the noisy ones. She said other than when her friends came over, it was always so quiet with just her and Eden. Now it was cramped full of people. Hunter and Malachite had to squeeze into what used to be Uncle Eden's old office once Rosemary joining the family forced Hunter out of mom's old room. You could barely move without bumping into someone.

Continue reading.
    mss8gv9
    I'm slowly beginning to add some links to downloads on the CMW page on the blog. So far there's Exchange links for Midas, Holly, and Dahlia, as apparently those were the only ones I remembered to Share :expressionless: Well, I did upload Hunter too, but I had to delete him from the Exchange as I realized his download description contained some spoilers :lol:
    mss8gv9
    Aaand...Wisp, Prism, Desire, Coal, and Cerise are all up now as well :blush:
    mss8gv9
    Alright, so now everyone except Hunter is now available for download in some way :smiley:
    mss8gv9
    Cool, cool. Are they CC-free?
    I wonder what's happening with Eden... hmmm. Never a quiet moment for this family. Add Eden's troubles to Ethereal's pregnancy scare and this new tidbit on Amaranth, this chapter seems to be signalling a lot of future drama.
    Rosemary you sweetie and Malachite you *insert bad word here*
    I hope they get a puppy.
    They aren't, but if you use the .sim File download option you can just place them directly into your game where you can replace whatever is turned into default clothing/hair/etc, unlike when using the Exchange which has a habit of glitching even perfectly fine CC and turning it into bad CC that can mess with your game.

Haha, yeah, it's not going to be quiet for the Yonders and Vivids for a long while to come :lol: Even if a few things manage to be resolved in any sort of timely manner, there's then going to be a brand new baby/babies to make things more complicated again :smiley:

Well, like @starguru helped to point out, Mal literally means bad, so he's not going to be spewing out rainbows and glitter niceness in the near future :lol: Malachite is actually super fun to write though, seeing as so far we've had pretty much only nice and friendly characters with Purity being the exception for Gen 1.

I have to echo Ethereal's response of "Maybe" for the puppy idea :lol: I would love for the family to get a dog, but pets in the game usually just end up getting in my way *shrug* We'll just have to see :blush:
    mss8gv9
    I haz a sad :(
    Haha, sorry about that :wink:
    mss8gv9
    Haha, sorry about that :wink:

tumblr_n24teywDbO1tv5oaqo1_250_zps4tzqertg.gif

:lol::lol::lol:
    Is this an apology for not having a new chapter yesterday?
    Also - I just realised this story has been going for over a year now! It feels like a lot shorter. Happy late one-year anniversay, CMW!
    edited November 2015
    There will be no new updates during the month of November, as I will be focusing on NaNoWriMo. I talked about the situation a bit more in-depth in this post I made in September after Gen 1 wrapped up. There'll be a mixture of random posts like the one today and the mini story Snapshots to help tide everyone over.

Thanks for the anniversary love! :heart: Gen 2 actually ended up debuting on the same exact date as Gen 1, which I thought was pretty cool :blush:
    mss8gv9
  • AEventyrAEventyr Posts: 702 Member
    Leaf is a handsome young (nonexistent) lad.

Pacifica (maybe I've been watching too much Gravity Falls) looks much nicer than her true self, and I agree about the possible changes to family dynamics the person on the blog suggested. Nori is adorable green! But how handsome would he be with Glacier's blue eyes? As for Acer, it's hard to care what he looks like when he's just so mean to Coal. I picture both boys having exactly the same personalities, with Nori only ever having to worry about his coloring if the Company tried to get hold of him to figure out where they went wrong. Actually, now that I look at him again, Acer may only still be a bit of a jerk toward his kid brother; otherwise he seems like a decent Video Game nerd type, maybe who enjoys erector-set type building to eventually become an engineer, but with a bit of a temper if provoked? (I put waaay too much thought into this.)
    edited November 2015
    I've heard lots about Gravity Falls. My sister has recommended it to me several times, but I haven't had the chance to start watching it yet. Too many things to do! I have written over 13,000 words for NaNoWriMo so far though, and I just finished the chapter I've been stuck in for forever :blush:

Do Nori and Acer come from GF too? They don't seem like typical Berry names, so I'll need a bit of though-process explanation :smiley: I like both of them though, and I love Pacifica for Purity. I might have to steal that for another blue Sim down the line :lol:

I was going into the game so I could give a green Wisp blue eyes, but the power cord jiggled out! (My laptop's battery broke forever ago, and I haven't bothered to replace it as I don't move my laptop around anyway.) Perhaps tomorrow I'll try again.
    mss8gv9
    Gravity Falls is definitely a good show when you have the time to watch it. They're on the second season right now so some mysteries have been revealed. Make sure you don't just jump in but find it from the first episode (since it's Disney, that may be tricky). Pacifica is the snobby rich girl in the town. I started out trying to think like how you name but gave up and went for whatever I thought looking at the boys. Nori is the Japanese word for seaweed (since his dad was blue and mom supposed to be green and he's green....). As for Acer.... I have to look this back up again.... it's the genius name for a 'plant' we commonly call Maple trees which combines the bit of green and mostly red. It's also (apparently) a computer company which fits the tech geekiness I saw in him.

Ooo please do post that when you get a chance! Your poor laptop.
    Don't worry, I always starts from the first episode :blush: It would drive me too crazy to do it any other way :lol:

Pacifica fits very well with Purity then :smile:
    Ah, that kind of Nori. All I could think of was Nori from The Hobbit :lol: I was thinking of the laptop brand for Acer as well, as I used to own one.

I'm opening up the game now :blush:
    mss8gv9
    Wisp with Glacier's eyes:

362b0c62-2fa0-41cb-b667-6cc90ed6d79a_zpsazrk8tf2.jpg

Wisp with Glacier's hair and eyes:

35b611e2-8968-48ad-b9d6-1104339b32d1_zpswrsciqlj.jpg
    mss8gv9
    Oh, those eyes! Such a handsome little sim.
    Pretty amazing how all the albino kids look re-colored! I think Ocean is an ideal name for Purity since it harmonizes with the “sh” phonetics of Glacier and Shell. I do like her better pure white though, or maybe I just can’t truly imagine her being any other way! Wisp looks awesome with some of his father’s blue in him, but he looks nice completely green too. I could see him as being either a Cyan or a Sage with those colors. And I actually prefer Prism as a Christmas baby. :o If he had been a girl, Holly could work, but Idk for a boy. Jasper? What might you have called him?

As for the double Eden babies, Apple does look like a clone of her mom when it comes to facial structure. Leaf turned out very well... after that hair mutation fix anyway! :lol: But it’s so odd for me to think of my surfer bum Reid as grandfather, even in an AU! xD
    That was one of the reasons I like that, and also because you can simply find both glaciers and shells in the ocean :lol: I have to agree too that I prefer her being white. It's hard to see a character with a different appearance once you've gotten used to their original one. On that note, I suppose I should link the newest random post where I switched around Amaranth's, Allium's, and Frosts colors on each other.

Looking at the three versions of Wisp now, I think I prefer him being solid green. Just blue eye doesn't seem to be enough for me, and the green skin, blue hair, and blue eyes is too much like Azure. Maybe blue skin with green hair and eyes would be better. I guess I have another picture to take at some point :lol:
    What would I call Prism? Hmmm....
    Part of me thinks Amaranth and Ethereal would be so bold (and perhaps silly) to simply call him Christmas :lol: Chris for short.

The hair mutation bugs the plum (intentional plum here) out of me. I love how Leaf turned out though. The boys in my game do always seem to get the better blend of facial traits than the girls who are always clones of their mother. Coal, for example, does take after Ethereal in terms of facial structure even though he's all red like Amaranth. He turns into quite the cutie (hottie) :heart: (His kids are pretty interesting too :no_mouth: Shh...)
    mss8gv9