Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hoped the update would fix the referenced memory error, but it didn't.

Does anyone know any new ideas on how to fix this? I've re-installed the game (actual game disc, not digital download), with and without mods and custom content, refreshed the game folder, tried various combinations of game settings, closed all background programs etc.

I was able to play for 47 hrs (I work lots) before I started getting random crashes so I know my laptop can play this game fine. My specs are: Windows 8.1, 1 TB hard drive, Intel i7-3630QM, 8GB RAM, Dual video cards: Intel HD Graphics 4000 & Nvidia GeForce GT630M (I use the Nvidia).

"The Sims 4: TS4.exe - Application Error
The instruction at 0x00dcd20e referenced memory at 0x6e1c5440. The memory could not be written.

Click OK to terminate the program."

Comments

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited September 2014
    did you clean the registry before reinstalling ? is the game installed on C ? did you install anything new or changed anything on your computer between where it functioned & started crashing ? did you run a virus-scan ?
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    mmnby2mmnby2 Posts: 47 Member
    Yeah I did all that, also tried to play it offline. I even did a system restore back to the last time it worked properly. Nothing helped.