Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[RELEASE] Increase Household Size - Add a 9th Sim, or Use the Experimental Version for More.

TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
edited September 2014 in Gameplay Mods
There are two versions to this mod. For most, I recommend sticking with the stable version. I provide the experimental version for your freedom of choice, but understand the issues outlined in the experimental section.

Stable Version
This version lets you go up to 9 slots per household. The reason for this restriction is to ensure stable gameplay. That means this version is intended for those who just wish to squeeze in an extra sim into their household without too much hassle.

Commands:
Add extra sim to your household:
tm.fullhouse <firstname> <lastname>

Delete a sim by name:
tm.deletesim <firstname> <lastname>

NOTE: This is a script mod. You must have script mods turned on in your gameplay options > "Other" tab. The mod must be left zipped! and you must be on the latest patch for them to function.

Download the stable version at:
Sims 4 Cheat Resource

:warning:Experimental Version :warning:
This version will let you go to 24 slots by default. The reason for this is to help limit performance issues on lower-end machines. However since it's not my place to decide where your limits are, you can indeed override this by adding "true" to the end of your command. Understand I am not responsible for menu-related issues that come from using this version, as these are out of my control.

:warning:WARNING:warning:
The experimental version should be considered use at your own risk.
Once you go beyond 9 sims, you can no longer use Manage Household in that save as it may sometimes crash the game when trying to generate the portrait for 10+ households. This won't cause any damage other than loss of unsaved progress, but it should definitely be noted to avoid it when possible. Should you need to get into Manage Households, you can return your save to normal by reducing all households to 9 sims or less.

Workarounds:
These are core game constraints and we unfortunately do not have access (at this time) to override them.
  • Create a Household: Click on a lot and select Create Household there instead.
  • Place Existing Household: Click on a lot and select Create Household. Then from CAS, load the household from the gallery/library.
  • Delete a Sim: Only 8 sims will show up in CAS. To delete extra sims, use the included tm.deletesim command.
  • Edit a Sim: You can not edit a sim while they're part of an extended household. Doing so will remove all but 8 sims.

Commands:
Add extra sim to your household:
tm.fullhouse <firstname> <lastname> <override>

Delete a sim by name:
tm.deletesim <firstname> <lastname>

NOTE: This is a script mod. You must have script mods turned on in your gameplay options > "Other" tab. The mod must be left zipped! and you must be on the latest patch for them to function.

Download the experimental version at:
Sims 4 Cheat Resource

Zu0akWn.jpg
[Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
[Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)

Comments

• TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Holy bananas! It was only a matter of time. Thank you TM!
    // take me back to 2018.