Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really unimportant question but

I'm playing a tweaked version of the amazon challenge and I made a society of cat/fox people. I made it a rule that if a sim grows into a teen wearing a pair of cat/fox ears she would have to change her natural hair colour to suit the ears. If she didn't grow up with ears she would put on a pair of ears that match her natural colour. My sim's child grew up wearing yellow ears but she had red hair so I changed it. While I was in CAS I noticed she had a spot on her face.

zZ33riY.png

I thought it might have been the custom skin so I took it off. I took her makeup off too even though she was only wearing eyeliner. Her spot is still there. Where did it come from? I know it really doesn't matter because it's just a spot but I've never had a sim with it before and she doesn't have any skin details on to give her the spot.

84kflV5.jpg
Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.

Comments

• slipperygypsyslipperygypsy Posts: 300 Member
    Could just be a graphical issue in CAS? Does she have it outside of CAS as well?
    tumblr_mgiqpxVGEQ1qef53co1_500.gif
  • LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    Could just be a graphical issue in CAS? Does she have it outside of CAS as well?

Yes she does :)
    bXHE8bA.png
  • slipperygypsyslipperygypsy Posts: 300 Member
    Hmm :/ Sorry, I can't help you then.
    tumblr_mgiqpxVGEQ1qef53co1_500.gif
    Oh well. I wonder if her children will have it. Probably not.
  • DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    Ur sims are all beautiful
  • AstasiaAstasia Posts: 238 Member
    Make another sim with that hair and ear style and see if they get the dot as well. My guess is it's a shading artifact caused by your CC.
    Dariu wrote: »

Thanks Dariu XD <3<3 I should have made my founder Ahri.
  • DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member

Thanks Dariu XD <3<3 I should have made my founder Ahri.

If so i'll marry her xD
    I got all her skins
    Astasia wrote: »
    Make another sim with that hair and ear style and see if they get the dot as well. My guess is it's a shading artifact caused by your CC.

ccB4L6a.png

No spot

If so i'll marry her xD
    I got all her skins

Popstar Ahri is best Ahri
  • AstasiaAstasia Posts: 238 Member
    Did you try the same color? It could matter. Or it might be easier to just remove/change them on your sim with the issue to see if they go away.

If that's not it I have no other ideas.
  • GnomeZenGnomeZen Posts: 273 Member

Are you talking about league of legends champions? i noticed a similarity between Katarina in that game and katrina in sims - see pic

VDbIAiZ.jpg
    GnomeZen wrote: »

Are you talking about league of legends champions? i noticed a similarity between Katarina in that game and katrina in sims - see pic

VDbIAiZ.jpg

Indeed! I noticed the similarity too haha Katarina <3<3
    Astasia wrote: »
    Did you try the same color? It could matter. Or it might be easier to just remove/change them on your sim with the issue to see if they go away.

If that's not it I have no other ideas.

Ohh I didn't think to use the same colours! You're right haha. It DOES give her a little spot! Well mystery solved. I was so hoping she had just turned out special but apparently not.
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Popstar Ahri is adorable but man that Firefox Ahri <.<
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • abe70280abe70280 Posts: 519 Member
    god dang that neck is long.
  • JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    That skin is freaking terrifying... People always trying to get their freakin' hyper realistic Sims. You people needa stop, it's creepy.
  • rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    That skin is freaking terrifying... People always trying to get their freakin' hyper realistic Sims. You people needa stop, it's creepy.

I think her sim is gorgeous.
  • JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member

I think her Sim looks like if Pixar starting animating their movies with GTA 5 areas as the background without changing the gritty-realistic textures, Only vice versa and MUCH more style-breaking.

That skin is straight up creepy and disturbing; it doesn't help the sim is ugly and disproportionate too. The lips look like they're so chapped they'd crack if she tried to move them, the eyebrow texture is terrible, and those eyes just look creepy. Why're they so unrealistically big and disproportionate if she's DESPERATELY trying to make her stylized Sims game look 'realistic'? It's like one of those really old internet things where something looks slightly off and unsettling. Uncanny Valley much?

You people on here have really skewed and weird beauty ideals... I saw another post where the Sims eyes took up half their face and their cheeks looked extremely sunken in, and everybody talked about how amazing they looked.

I think her Sim looks like if Pixar starting animating their movies with GTA 5 areas as the background without changing the gritty-realistic textures, Only vice versa and MUCH more style-breaking.

That skin is straight up creepy and disturbing; it doesn't help the sim is ugly and disproportionate too. The lips look like they're so chapped they'd crack if she tried to move them, the eyebrow texture is terrible, and those eyes just look creepy. Why're they so unrealistically big and disproportionate if she's DESPERATELY trying to make her stylized Sims game look 'realistic'? It's like one of those really old internet things where something looks slightly off and unsettling. Uncanny Valley much?

You people on here have really skewed and weird beauty ideals... I saw another post where the Sims eyes took up half their face and their cheeks looked extremely sunken in, and everybody talked about how amazing they looked.

Hence the phrase "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" - you're not some authority on beauty and if someone has a weird sense of attractive :-P
    y9UdOhq.png
  • PaisleyPinkPaisleyPink Posts: 421 Member
    Something I have always liked about character creation is how different people are able to make their character/sim/warrior/etc look.
    edited September 2014

They were born in game I merely changed their hair/skin/eye colour because I wanted them to look unnatural.

I don't see how I am trying to make my sim realistic when SHE'S WEARING CAT EARS. I don't have enough CC to make them look more cat-like so I did what I would with what I had.

It's totally up to you if you find them ugly or not I'm not telling you how to feel but to come to my thread that is NOT boasting about their appearance at all and start pretty much attacking me is just uncalled for.

You know what else? Just to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 you off more, have a Nicki Minaj gif.

[img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/🐸🐸🐸🐸.gif[/img] LOL NEVERMIND SOMEONE DELETED IT.

Off topic much.
    Either way its a sim not a real life person.
    Nor is it imitating a real person, you know any half kitten/half human people walking irl? If you do take a picture and let me see.

Stop instigating and being a negative person in her thread.

Off topic much.
    Nor is it imitating a real person, you know any half kitten/half human people walking irl? If you do take a picture and let me see.

The annoying part is that I never said she was supposed to be realistic, or some kind of beauty queen. This entire thread is about the mark on her cheek. He claims that I'm trying to make her realistic while also noting several reasons why she is NOT realistic. Well everyone give him a round of applause because as I stated earlier that was indeed the point. Kumihos, nekos, kitsunes etc are not realistic at all. It's all fantasy.

And it's also silly that he is attacking me for trying to make my sims realistic, yet he is trying to put limitations on how my fantasy cat people are supposed to look when it doesn't apply to them because they're not human. This really makes me not want to get involved with the sim community because people are always putting people down for no good reason.

Off topic much.

The annoying part is that I never said she was supposed to be realistic, or some kind of beauty queen. This entire thread is about the mark on her cheek. He claims that I'm trying to make her realistic while also noting several reasons why she is NOT realistic. Well everyone give him a round of applause because as I stated earlier that was indeed the point. Kumihos, nekos, kitsunes etc are not realistic at all. It's all fantasy.

And it's also silly that he is attacking me for trying to make my sims realistic, yet he is trying to put limitations on how my fantasy cat people are supposed to look when it doesn't apply to them because they're not human. This really makes me not want to get involved with the sim community because people are always putting people down for no good reason.

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - don't stress over it. If someone is going to go all aggro over something opinion-based and intended to be fun, you should file them under "Stick up butt - refer to good proctologist" and keep on with your merry ways :)
    y9UdOhq.png

Off topic much.

When people act like that, you just have to look passed it. Don't let anyone take away your joy.
    You like being in the forums, don't let his or anyone else's attacks make you change your mind.
    For every one loud mouth there are 10 others who are nice. :)