Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simsonian Art & Science Center CC Free

Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
edited September 2014 in The Sims 3 Builders
This was a project I had started working on before Sims 4 was released. I finally took the time to finish it up and test it. I always hated that if I wanted to skill my sim in something I would need to buy an object that my sim either did not have the money for or the space. So, I thought of creating a type of center that would encompass a majority of the skill building objects. There are easels, drafting tables, scultping stations, and glass blowing stations. For science, ther is the science research center, bot workshop, chemistry lab, scraptronic workbench, and the brain enhancing machine. I also wanted to include the magic items (kind of like science) magic cauldron, alchemy station, and the book o'spells. There is also a time machine, a library, dew flowers and the portal from ITF. There is a smll cafeteria with vending machines and coffee maker. The grounds include a greenhouse with most harvestables, and a small stocked lake with various fish. I did put down some spawners for insects and nanites, but only a few so that the lot did not get laggy.

It's on the exchange here: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8449816

View a slideshow at my site here: tikissims3corner.weebly.com/simsonian.html

Screenshot_zps36b696b7.jpg

I hope you enjoy!! Happy Simming!
NewBanner.jpg
Origin ID: Tiki5872

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The Simsonian Arts and Science Centre is very nice! :) Very nice design of and layout of the build! It has so many great areas in it for sims to enjoy using many skill items, all at the one venue! The exterior of the building is very nice! Very nice texture of the exterior! Very nice outdoors areas! Sims will enjoy painting on the outdoors easel beside the pond, enjoying the sunshine. The dew flowers look very pretty there! The bridge over the water is very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the stained glass windows in the build! Very nice greenhouse! Sims will enjoy harvesting the plants that are growing there. They will also enjoy harvesting honey from the hives. It is great that you have included the arboretum in your build. Great cafeteria area for sims to buy items from the vending machines and also have a cup of coffee. The water fountain, plumbob and flower feature outside the front of the building looks very nice! It is a very courtyard area for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the seats there in the outdoors air, enjoying the nice sight of this water feature. It looks very nice how you have set up the diffrerent areas in the interior of the building with the various skill items. Sims will enjoy using such a great variety of skill items! Very nice sitting areas where you have placed the sculptures, plants and the paintings on the walls. Great outdoors glass blowing item area. Very nice library room area! It looks very nice how you have placed the bookcases there! It looks great how you have created the study desk and reading nooks there! Sims will enjoy doing stargazing using the telescopes on the outdoors balcony. Great alchemy section for sims to enjoy brewing up elixirs at the alchemy station.
    It is a very nice venue to visit to use many skills items! :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    It is lovely! I see that you have used the stained glass windows! Made me realise I never used them when I was still building for sims 3! Good job Tiki! I will be sure to recommend when I visit the other site. :)
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    @rosemow, thank you sweetie!
    @yanti68, thank you so much! Yes, I love those stained glass windows! Cinderelli (no longer on the forums :( ) had made a mod to make them available in the build category... love her for that!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872