Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Repost (With Permission) + Discount Code

I am only reposting the following thread with permission from EA and from SimStaff under the condition that I remove specific names.

I want to point out that I had no idea who this person was until I read explaining how to contact SimStaff for issues. Now from my own experience, I can advise you do not contact SimStaff. It is a waste of time. You will get better results contacting EA.

The attempt to get the Ignore Bug fixed was a complete failure initially. Below is my attempt:
Hello Sim Staff,

I am not sure if any of you work with the webmaster but their there is a bug in the ignore script, which breaks the forum when the person you ignore posts on a thread you are reading. That person's text is hidden, but their avatar is not, and posts under their avatar are shifted in a way (like there is a missing close tag somewhere) to make reading the following messages difficult. Also, if there is no post after the ignored poster comments, then the comment box is broken and you cannot send a comment. Please take care of this matter! Thank you.

And the reply:
[name removed to respect staff's privacy] September 21
Dear nanashi-sims,

Although we appreciate you informing the team about this, we are not the people whom are impowered to take care of this issue, I would direct you towards Electronic Arts support department. They will take care of this issue swiftly and have the appropriate departments notified.

Having said that, we would like to ask that you do not contact us directly in matters such as these, as again we are not the appropriate department for these issues.

Thank you again, and we are sorry that there is not more we can do to help you direct this query I will make note of it and submit that note towards my superior but I wont make promises that it will be directed towards the correct department. Once again I would contact Electronic Arts support directly to answer any and all questions such as these!

Thank you, have a good day!

I originally questioned what the SimStaff purpose is. I have not seen them make any posts or do anything to contribute to a positive forum environment, they supposedly are the "staff" of this official forum, and yet are not "impowered" to contact the webmaster concerning bugs and apparently aren't too concerned that there is bug that breaks the forum code. My complaint was deleted twice. The second time I was warned not to repost. I had to get permission to make this repost from EA Support.

While I could dwell on how aggressively the attempts to silence SimStaff directed feedback in this forum is, I can't say that I am angry any more. Yeah, after all that whinging, I'm over it *lol* The reason for this is because not only was I given permission to repost, I was given a 15% code towards my next EA purchase. Thank you EA for at least making an attempt to smooth this customer's ruffled feathers.

Since I already bought TS4 (it arrives tomorrow or Wednesday :D Yay!) and I don't expect an EP to come out by the coupon code's expiration date, I will send the code to anyone here in this forum.

Here is one more snippet of my EA Support dialogue:
youCan the code be given to someone else?
youI don't think an EP will be out by then.
youI only buy the Sims games, so I don't want to waste your kindness.
Chandrakant of course
Chandrakant you can use this code on any account to get the discount
youCheers I'll give it to someone in the forum since the posters there are the reason I bought the new game despite reservations.

I really do like this forum and appreciate all of you guys who post here. My not so great experience with the SimStaff doesn't change that I think this is a great place to learn everything about TS4. I like the balance that this board has, from the TS4 is the best game ever fans to the TS4 is worst game ever fans to the Meh, it's alright fans. I think it is great that we can all have different opinions and occasional debates and nevertheless get along.

So that we can move on from the negative to the positive, please do not comment on the SimStaff as this has been resolved and then some. I had a positive experience with EA Support and I have communicated with the Staff who politely explained why my original post was deleted. I just felt it very important to share my first experience with dealing with them, and since I will refrain from ever contacting them in the future; this is now a non-issue.

If you would like the 15% discount, please post an in-game screenie of whatever it is you like most about your TS4 game. If you do not play TS4 you are welcome to post in-game screenies of what it is that makes your iteration better! It's 11 pm, so I'm going to head off to bed now. Tomorrow evening I will pick my favourite image and send the code to that player. I know it's not a fabulous prize but it is a shared positive experience as well a great excuse for all of us to see and share in-game picture spam.

Let's hope that when I check the board tomorrow, there will be a ton of amazing TS4 (and other) pics :) Don't worry, this time the thread won't be deleted (thank goodness!) so please share your pics!

Comments

• Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    I don't understand, you posted:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/788768/deleted-posts-reposts-and-ea-supports-support#latest

and it was locked...wont this one locked as well?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    There sure is a lot in there to try to decipher the point of all of it.

As close as I can tell, it seems to be a request to post in-game screenshots. If the post that got deleted was as hard to follow as this one, the previous mod may have just accidentally deleted it in a fit of dizziness. :)

banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Trick wrote: »
    There sure is a lot in there to try to decipher the point of all of it.

As close as I can tell, it seems to be a request to post in-game screenshots. If the post that got deleted was as hard to follow as this one, the previous mod may have just accidentally deleted it in a fit of dizziness. :)

I read this as soon as it was posted and have been comtemplating it. I think he does want pics. But I'm not sure. I may need more time.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • trintastictrintastic Posts: 323 Member
    What I've gotten is that he has a discount code he received from support, and he's running a contest to give it away. :)

I'll throw my hat into the ring to start. The view from my first house. I just love it!

tumblr_nbb29pLcTI1tl4t8oo1_1280.png
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    I don't understand, you posted:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/788768/deleted-posts-reposts-and-ea-supports-support#latest

and it was locked...wont this one locked as well?

@those_questioning

No it won't be locked or closed, I got permission from EA Support and afterwards SimStaff contacted me and told me to they would not delete my post if I made an edit and their request was fair so I made the edit. I was also told me I could give away my coupon that I received because of the experience.

Since I only play the Sims and have already bought TS4, I can't use the code. I know some folks here play other EA games and could benefit from it, so I wanted to give it to one of you guys. Why waste a game coupon :# I hope that clarifies matters!

@trintastic - Thank you for sharing! I like how you don't have to use a sky mod in TS4. I always have to use a mod to get pretty clouds in TS2.

• LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    EA really does need restructuring, everyone at the top needs to go, right down to the bottom
    The SimStaff will forward the issue but there's no guarantee it'll get to the correct department...... WHAT?!?!?
    There is just no words
    I don't want that 15% code anyways, everything out of EA for PC nowadays is garbage
  • dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    09-22-14_8-56nbspPM.png

my two sims doing a pic together =)
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Glad you're feeling better about it all. I do wish they would fix the ignore function so it was more ... functional. The other thing it doesn't do is hide if the ignored person starts a new thread.

I've already got a 15% discount sitting about, thanks, but very nice of you to offer yours.
  • SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    The forum won't let me post a screenshot, but it is nice of you to share your code.
    Oh I should I have said, I do not need the code! I already have two actually. But they expire and you can't use it on preordering so will prob never use them
    QPs2LMU.jpg
    Oh I should I have said, I do not need the code! I already have two actually. But they expire and you can't use it on preordering so will prob never use them

Thank you for sharing your screenshot anyway! I know about the discount code thingies. You can probably share them if you want! I reckoned I was one of the few players who can't really benefit from an EA discount, but it looks there are quite a few players who can't. I wonder if that's a bad sign for the company :worried:
  • SimsProductionsSimsProductions Posts: 432 Member
    Everyone gets a discount code when you contact EA. I have like 4 stored in a notepad file. Lol.
    edited September 2014
    Everyone gets a discount code when you contact EA. I have like 4 stored in a notepad file. Lol.

Well I don't contact them often, and this is the first time I have every received a discount code so I wouldn't have known that. Maybe it is only something they give to dissatisfied players, because this was the first time I expressed that I was angry with their service. Doesn't matter, I gave the code to trintastic whose lovely screenshot won by default a landslide. :#

Thank you for sharing your screenshot anyway! I know about the discount code thingies. You can probably share them if you want! I reckoned I was one of the few players who can't really benefit from an EA discount, but it looks there are quite a few players who can't. I wonder if that's a bad sign for the company :worried:

hmm I am not being notified at all when people reply anymore =/ I probably will. I did use one of them to buy the ultimate edition of dragon age lol!
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • SimsProductionsSimsProductions Posts: 432 Member

Well I don't contact them often, and this is the first time I have every received a discount code so I wouldn't have known that. Maybe it is only something they give to dissatisfied players, because this was the first time I expressed that I was angry with their service. Doesn't matter, I gave the code to trintastic whose lovely screenshot won by default a landslide. :#

Haha yeah, they usually give you a discount code when you say you're angry. That's what I do, um, I mean did. :#