Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bills are due - but no pay bill option!

So the game is telling me that my current household's bill is due, but I don't see the "pay bill" option anywhere! I tried the phone, the computer and the mailbox, but no "pay bill". I also looked at all family members' inventory, but still cannot see/find the bill. The amount due is less than $1000, which is not a problem for my family to pay. Is this a bug? I only have 24 hours to pay before the power is cut off! :s

Comments

• MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Hmm. You should be able to find the option any of those 3 places. Are you using a YA/adult/elder? Not sure if teens or kids can do it.
  • chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    Yes, all my household members are young adults
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Have you tried restarting the game? And does the mailbox even have a get mail option?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    Yes, I just restarted the game, but still no pay bill option... The mailbox does have a get mail option, but it's grayed out.
  • tayluhlebretontayluhlebreton Posts: 96 Member
    It's on the phone & computer.
  • MissDMissD Posts: 2 New Member
    The same thing is happening in my game. It is very frustrating. I really hope this gets resolved soon, as it seems to be a bug. My Sim just had a baby, they need the water and electricity back on. Thank goodness for the gym and neighbors with nice showers :wink:
  • snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    Try using the auto pay bills cheat to clear up the problem, then log out of the game and restart game then see if the problem is fixed next time bills come due
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,560 Member
    I've always been able to click on the mail box to pay bills. This sounds like a bug, quite frankly. If all else fails, go into your Origin, My Games and right click on your Sims 4 game and select "repair game". If that doesn't help, report this bug.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ToreadorToreador Posts: 6 New Member
    I just got the same problem this morning. My bills are in the mailbox but I have no pay bills option on my phone computer or mailbox. I have the get mail option which puts the bills in my inventory but I still have no way to pay them. So there is no point in playing because everything in my house will eventually shut down.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Is it possible there is a conflict with mods? After a patch, sometimes problems pop up because the mods are not compatible with the patch.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    use your phone, it's there
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    I just went and looked at crins blog and EA Answers and the only reference I could find was bills stuck in inventory. But I did fins a couple things you could try on crins blog:

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/bills-stuck-in-inventory/

Here is the bug report thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Common-Bills-can-t-be-paid/td-p/3446239

I only see 2 things that you can try. Hope 1 of them works! :)
    I did find a solution to mine. Since I never took the bills out of the mailbox, I went to build mode and replaced the lot with one from my library. The mailbox in the new lot was clear.
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    You slacker! PAy those bills! LOL!
    OK I think I got it. I replaced the lot and the bills disappeared from the mailbox but every time I left the lot and came back the bills would return. So I replaced the lot and then did not leave the lot or quit the game or go into plan an outfit and I waited until the next bill delivery and I was able to pay them normally and they haven't come back since.
    I never got a chance to pay the bill for that unfortunately family, so I was expecting the power/water to be cut off. I waited a few days, but nothing happened. This must be a bug or nothing.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    pay them from the phone
  • SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited November 2014
    I never got a chance to pay the bill for that unfortunately family, so I was expecting the power/water to be cut off. I waited a few days, but nothing happened. This must be a bug or nothing.

I was wondering if that might be the case.
    I've had similar glitches with notifications, although not about bills.

Like my Sim comes home from work, and then the game is like "Work for _____ starts in about an hour" then 1 sim hour later "______ is off to work!" (but Sim behaves as normal, and the action does not trigger)
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    pay them from the phone

She said the option wasn't on her phone (in the op).
  • Barje07Barje07 Posts: 6 New Member
    Yeah I too am having this issue with the bills, and even though people are saying to use the computer or the phone, those don't work either considering it does not even give me the option to pay any bills on the computer or my phone.. I'm thinking there's and issue that Ea needs to sort out especially considering everybody seems to be having this same issue.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    i had stuck bills in my inventory i switched households played another family for a bit and when i returned to home with the problem it was fixed.