Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[MOD] MOO: MoveObjects On is back :) Delete mailboxes while you're at it.

TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
edited September 2014 in General Mods Discussion
MoveObjects On Cheat Mod

This mod adds MoveObjects behavior back in. You can overlap objects with each over til your heart's content.
You can also delete the lot's mailbox via command. This version can not currently intersect walls. Expect this and more functionality in future versions.

HnM2UFS.jpg

As always, use caution and backup any saves you aren't willing to risk losing. Remember this is a cheat.

The mod has two commands:

Toggle MoveObjects
(On by default)
tm.moveobjects [on/off]

Destroy Mailbox
tm.nomailbox

[Q] Does this have the pathing issues Maxis has cited as being the reason for excluding MOO?

[A] Nope. Sims were walking through objects, but I sorted that out.
Of course some objects may not be usable when overlapped, just as the case has always been with the moveobjects cheat.

[Q] Moo could also do <this>, will you implement <that> in future versions?

[A] If I can, I will. I just figured I'd let you guys have what I do have while I work out the rest.

The mod is now updated to v1.1, which fixes a small issue where traveling with moveobjects off would cause objects not to load.
Download at Sims 4 Cheat Resource
[Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
[Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
Post edited by TwistedMexican on

Comments

• icftlduicftldu Posts: 147 Member
    OMG!!! thank you SO Much for this!!!

:p<3:D
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    You are awesome.
  • TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    You are awesome.

Thank you :stuck_out_tongue:
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

• lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Do you have many issues with crashing when script mods are on? Especially when running MOO? I am putting it into my game currently, but I was just curious if you've had any issues. Thanks!
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Do you have many issues with crashing when script mods are on? Especially when running MOO? I am putting it into my game currently, but I was just curious if you've had any issues. Thanks!

Nope, should be all good. I left it running overnight even to make sure there wasn't a memory leak or anything. It was running just as well this morning as it always does.

Brilliant!! It is working! I just realized, though, that I can't move my sims. Well, your instructions do not say they do, so silly me for thinking it did. In Sims 3, I used MOO all the time (and still do) to get the pictures I wanted. However, since I brought it up, do you have something in the works to move the sims? ;) I know there are currently no poses (that I know of), but I figure eventually there will be. Ok, so I'm testing it out and so far so good. Or maybe there is a trick that I'm missing? :D Thanks again for making this (and all your other mods)!
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    edited September 2014
    Brilliant!! It is working! I just realized, though, that I can't move my sims. Well, your instructions do not say they do, so silly me for thinking it did. In Sims 3, I used MOO all the time (and still do) to get the pictures I wanted. However, since I brought it up, do you have something in the works to move the sims? ;) I know there are currently no poses (that I know of), but I figure eventually there will be. Ok, so I'm testing it out and so far so good. Or maybe there is a trick that I'm missing? :D Thanks again for making this (and all your other mods)!

Consider that version 2.0. ;) This isn't the final version of the mod by any means, it's just the other features might take me a bit to add in so I decided to let you guys have what I did have in the meantime.

I do think you can move an object with a sim on it in the meantime though. Place a seat, have the sim sit in it, build/buy mode > move the seat where you want the sim to go > delete seat.

I do think you can move an object with a sim on it in the meantime though. Place a seat, have the sim sit in it, build/buy mode > move the seat where you want the sim to go > delete seat.

Yeah, I figured you'd be right on the 2.0. LOL! ;) I did try to move a couch that sims were sitting on. They just stayed behind. I may try to delete the couch and leave the sims hanging. I doubt they'll fall, though. Would be funny, however, if they did fall! :D I will keep an eye out for Vs 2.0. Take your time. I understand it takes awhile to figure out a new game. :)
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    What happens to the lots when you save them to your gallery and then place them back in the world? Do the items stay MOO'd?

I don't use MOO but I know a ton of builders do and they will be super happy to see this mod.
    What happens to the lots when you save them to your gallery and then place them back in the world? Do the items stay MOO'd?

I don't use MOO but I know a ton of builders do and they will be super happy to see this mod.

Well the mod is required for them to load properly, but let me check. I would think the gallery would hold the data as expected.

• auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    Okay, so I have a lot I've used your MOO mod on furnishings. I share it in the gallery. The person who downloads it must have the MOO mod in their game for the lot to load properly? Do the items just snap back to original placement?

Here we go. As long as you have the mod, you're good to go. So anyone who's sharing MOO'd gallery's, I'd include a note saying it requires my mod in the description.

Before Gallery:
    8EIlBkA.jpg

I then saved it to my library, uploaded to gallery, deleted it from my library, downloaded it and moved it into a different lot.

After Gallery:
    J3rlOSO.jpg

Okay, so I have a lot I've used your MOO mod on furnishings. I share it in the gallery. The person who downloads it must have the MOO mod in their game for the lot to load properly? Do the items just snap back to original placement?

Correct, leave a note in the description specifying it requires MOO. The game will simply not load any objects it thinks can't be placed, so the lot will basically be de-moo'd if you will.

• LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    Ha! Here is my post, I knew I had asked the question about MOO staying in shared lots somewhere.

Thank you for the reply. I hope those using MOO remember to make a note that the mod is required otherwise the lot won't look the same. I don't normally use MOO, actually don't like it. However, Sims 4 and everything being so freakishly oversized may make me change my mind. The plants alone and how many blocks they require are enough to do my head in.

So again...thank you for all the mods.
    Ha! Here is my post, I knew I had asked the question about MOO staying in shared lots somewhere.

Thank you for the reply. I hope those using MOO remember to make a note that the mod is required otherwise the lot won't look the same. I don't normally use MOO, actually don't like it. However, Sims 4 and everything being so freakishly oversized may make me change my mind. The plants alone and how many blocks they require are enough to do my head in.

So again...thank you for all the mods.

Exactly, as I was saying in another discussion, smaller lots, and giant ridiculous objects - either one is well enough, but when combined? Yeesh.

• AsmodeusesWifeAsmodeusesWife Posts: 240 Member
    Thank you so much for this :)
    Its better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that
    you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
    asmodeuseswife.blogspot.co.uk/
  • SimsInsaniaSimsInsania Posts: 7 New Member
    I can't thank you enough! This mod is a must-have for all sims moviemakers!
    Hopefully it'll be possible to move sims the way you could do it in the previous games one day. :D
    The mod is now updated to v1.1, which fixes a small issue where traveling with moveobjects off would cause objects not to load.

• PaisleyPinkPaisleyPink Posts: 421 Member
    Thank you so much for this!
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    i haven't got this mod yet into my game, I'm hoping EA will programme this cheat so I don't have to download a seperate mod for MOO, thanx for creating it anyways!
    i haven't got this mod yet into my game, I'm hoping EA will programme this cheat so I don't have to download a seperate mod for MOO, thanx for creating it anyways!

I agree, a native cheat would be preferable - it would mean we'd be able to share lots with others without them needing my mod as well. :) I just created this for in the meantime.

• midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member

I agree, a native cheat would be preferable - it would mean we'd be able to share lots with others without them needing my mod as well. :) I just created this for in the meantime.

ok :smile:

Sue_D_Nim wrote: »
    @TwistedMexican you're our hero. You know that, right?

You're going to inflate my ego lol