Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Amazon Challenge (Updated For Sims 4) (Island Living Update!)

Comments

• KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    I decided I wanna try this challenge out!Here is my creator.

XzSmnGQ.png
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Kelebek wrote: »
    I decided I wanna try this challenge out!Here is my creator.

XzSmnGQ.png

She looks amazing ;)
    Hey Guys
    Since pets was announced I have been thinking of ways to implement it into the Amazon challenge. Today I got an idea and i'm hoping to find out what you guys think. So I have this idea of a new rank of amazon called beast-tamer and her role is to not only look after the pets but train them for the amazons. So as an example if a warrior wanted a pet it's the beast-tamers role to train a puppy to be the warriors new pet. The warriors pet will have to have a certain level of skills before she can be handed over. This idea is still pretty rough and will change as we get new information.
  • wolfsiwolfsi Posts: 61 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Hey Guys
    Since pets was announced I have been thinking of ways to implement it into the Amazon challenge. Today I got an idea and i'm hoping to find out what you guys think. So I have this idea of a new rank of amazon called beast-tamer and her role is to not only look after the pets but train them for the amazons. So as an example if a warrior wanted a pet it's the beast-tamers role to train a puppy to be the warriors new pet. The warriors pet will have to have a certain level of skills before she can be handed over. This idea is still pretty rough and will change as we get new information.

Sounds like an awsome idea XD

Plant your Hopes whit good seeds
    don't cover yourself with thistle and weeds.
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    @lovejess2 it sounds good, but I think we may have too many thanks now. Unless you have a mod that allows having more than eight sims it's difficult to have a full tribe.
    @lovejess2 it sounds good, but I think we may have too many thanks now. Unless you have a mod that allows having more than eight sims it's difficult to have a full tribe.

When it comes to types of amazons it's not really about having them all but choosing specific types that work with the tribe. As an example if you had more of a spiritual tribe that are peaceful and quite you would pick the types of amazons that worked with the trible like shamans and priestesses. There are lots of Amazon types so you can pick and choose what ones you want and the ones you don't so as to customise your tribe.
  • Tezzie7645Tezzie7645 Posts: 108 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi everyone, I've just started the challenge. I'm going to post on this website:
    https://tribealkaia.wordpress.com/
    I've just put up the introduction.
    Thanks xx
    Post edited by Tezzie7645 on
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Tezzie7645 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I've just started the challenge. I'm going to post on this website:
    https://tribealkaia.wordpress.com/
    I've just put up the introduction.
    Thanks xx

May the Force be with you! The Amazon challenge is the best!
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Hannahs_SimmingHannahs_Simming Posts: 1 New Member
    I can't wait to start this amazing challenge! Is it alright for me to make post about this challenge on my blog? I'm new to the forums and all that, so I don't know about copyright or anything. at all.. <3
    I can't wait to start this amazing challenge! Is it alright for me to make post about this challenge on my blog? I'm new to the forums and all that, so I don't know about copyright or anything. at all.. <3

Nothing wrong with that it's just best to link the competition and explain where it's from.
  • madelynsims95madelynsims95 Posts: 285 Member
    I started this challenge over the weekend and I'm loving it!

I started with my creator, Etsi Sole and her twin brother Etu Sole. Etsi was the fifth daughter of a famous tribal leader. Knowing she would never be able to rule her family's tribe, she decided to leave and start a new tribe on the island in Windenburg her family once ruled. Etu decided to leave with her so he could avoid the fate that would await him by staying.
    When they arrived the island was nothing but ruins. Etu decided to take the smallest lot and create a slave trading outpost. While it bothered him greatly to sell other men into slavery, it was the only way to ensure he could avoid slavery himself. Etsi took the largest lot and began to rebuild the collapsed buildings.
    It's now been several weeks and Etsi's tribe has grown. Two young women from the mainland, Makayla and Morgan, have come to join the tribe, giving the tribe a gatherer and a warrior. Etsi has also been able to purchase two slaves from her brother. They have built a larger building for the tribe women, a large garden, a small slave quarters, and have begun work on a small building that will be used for breeding and punishment. Makayla and Morgan have even fallen in love, with plans to get married!
    Everything has been going great for Etsi and her tribe, but it turns out Makayla has a wandering eye and has taken an interest in Etu! How will this turn out for the young tribe, and will Etu be able to avoid being discovered and forced back into slavery?!

I've not had this much fun playing the sims in a really long time!
    Origin ID: madelynsims95
    Stories/Challenges:
    Mother May I? (100 Baby Challenge)
  • damalas75damalas75 Posts: 38 Member
    A few questions? Life spawn? long I am guessing? And items they craft can they sell? or should raising funds fall on the slaves duty and not the amazons? Cause if I had slaves.. ya they not only be doing dishes they be paying my lot bills as well. Then shouldn't they be allowed to leave lot to collect items to sell and hand over as supplies to the tribe creator ( for gardening, collectors for her to distribute till you gain exploerer and gatherers) so long as they don't leave the neighborhood?
  • damalas75damalas75 Posts: 38 Member
    as for pets I say they are allowed dogs (hunting dogs) and cats as Idols of royalty ( like Egyptians) with of course limitations only maybe on 1 cat for the creator and 1 for heirs only and dogs for the less ranks that could use them like warriors and gatherers ( assuming they hunt meat also) Priests temple might also be allowed a cat or two, and an explorer might also find use for a dog on their travels as trackers. Not to say an entertainer might not also want to teach the animals a few new tricks as well related to there own field.
    @damalas75 okay I'll do my best to answer your questions.
    Life spawn is completely up to you.
    Slaves can craft and sell but you want the amazons to focus the most on crafting and selling.
    Slaves need to focus more on the upkeep (repairs, cleaning etc).
    I'll release a pets update on release which will answer your questions.
    Pets would be allowed in temples and if you want it can be ingrained within worship i.e the goddess can be part cat so you'll want cats within the temple.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I have a question - do you just start off with the normal amount of money, or....
    Daughters of Hesperia

Started off this challenge!
  • ValkrieSimmerValkrieSimmer Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello! I'm going to attempt this challenge, but I have an idea... what if there was a seperate lot to be a temple, and that would be where the priestess(es)lived?!? I'm creating my Amazon's home on the island in Windenburg. Thoughts?
    Should I make one big compound for the amazons to live in, with slave's quarters and a breeding hut ect. outside, or should I make little huts?
    @ValkrieSimmer I went with separate huts initially, but bear in mind you could try one thing out and change it when the next generation takes over if it doesn't work out!
    @lilypadmeulin Good idea! How's your gameplay going?
  • ZurkaZurka Posts: 42 Member
    Started this not long ago :) Very fun challenge ! I thought I was doomed when my Creator got triplets but I seem to survive so far.
    @ValkrieSimmer It's going pretty good so far! My Creator is pregnant with the first baby.

@Zurka wishing you all the best!
    @lilypadmeulin Cool! My creator has taken more of an interest in my tribe's warrior. I set the warrior to get others pregnant just so we won't have any pregnancy issues... this might not go as planned.
    Sorry it's taking so long to add the pets update but it will be up today.
    Hey everyone I've just added the pets update, tell me what you think.

!!Pet Update!!

Pet Companions
    Now Amazons can have the companions they deserve. Out from the ocean came a new amazon called the beast tamer, she is a friend to all animals and is the amazon to train and care for pets (not including animals for worship). She is not meant to be the main companion and her role is mainly caring for animals like washing,feeding and training. She must also find strays or raise puppy's for those who request one. Pets can be for companionship, hunting or worship. Companionship pets are only permitted for high ranking amazons like the the creator and heiress (so they must have the highest relationship) the beast tamer must train them to obey all commands. Pets for hunting are permitted for warriors (only large dogs are used as companions for warriors), gatherers, explorers and shamans and must be trained by the beast tamer to better hunt animals and trained to obey all commands. These animals will hunt for creatures to sell and and be a fierce companion to the warrior. The last type of animal are the ones to be kept for worship. If a goddess is tied to a specific animal (i.e. cat goddess or goddess of nature) animals are kept with the high priestess and are to be cared for and worshiped by them. There are two ways to find pets the first is through CAS but if you choose this way it has to be created as a puppy and raised by the beast tamer till they are an adult. The second is for the beast tamer to go out and find strays in good condition and train them till they are fit enough to be given away. The pets must always be female if a mistake is made and the animal is male then it must be given up for adoption but if the animal is docile and relatively small they can be given to slaves.

Beast Tamer
    She is one with nature and works with all animals. Her role is to train and care for pets and to give them away to select amazons. If an Amazon requests an animal it's the tamers role to either find a stray or raise a puppy from CAS to be the amazons companion. The amazon must train the animal to obey all the commands. In her spare time she is to make sure all animals have food and are clean. If she has a child she can train her to become a beast tamer by giving her a pet and teaching her how to care for the animal.
    Aspiration: Animal
    Skills: Pet Training

Type of Pets
    There are three types of pets..

Companion
    The companion is only permitted to be kept by the creator or the heiress and is there to simply be around and keep the amazon company. Before the beast tamer can hand the pet over she must train the animal to obey every command.
    Breeds: The animal can be big or small, cat or dog it's really up to the amazon.
    Traits: If going through CAS you can choose any except territorial (cats) or aggressive (dogs)

Hunter
    These pets are permitted to be kept by the warrior, shaman, explorer and gatherers. These animals are there to hunt for there masters and need to be trained to hunt and obey every command by the beast tamer.
    Breeds: The shaman and gatherers are allowed a cat or large dog preferably a breed that are known to be good hunters. The warrior or explorer are only allowed a large dog, again preferably a breed that is known for hunting.
    Traits: Hunter and adventurous is a must but you can pick a third (as long as it doesn't conflict). The Warriors are different as their pet has to have hunter and aggressive and you may choose the third.

Worship
    These pets are to be cared for and looked after by the priestesses. The pet must in some way connect with the goddess and unlike the other animals is not trained or cared for by the beast tamer.
    Breed: Any, as long as it aligns with the goddess (i.e. Nature Goddess represented by the fox)
    Traits: Any, this animal is the physical embodiment of the goddess so they are already perfect.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top