Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Amazon Challenge (Updated For Sims 4) (Island Living Update!)

Comments

• Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
    @Lovejess2 Thanks for the reply, it's going to be the game I play on while I wait for heir votes and entries to competitions I set like the competition I've set at the moment - https://thedasolalegacy.wordpress.com/2015/04/26/competition-time/. Also, is it okay if I update it on here, because I can't on wordpress without messing up the post orders and stuff on my current legacy, or would you prefer me to start up a new thread?
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    @Lovejess2 Thanks for the reply, it's going to be the game I play on while I wait for heir votes and entries to competitions I set like the competition I've set at the moment - https://thedasolalegacy.wordpress.com/2015/04/26/competition-time/. Also, is it okay if I update it on here, because I can't on wordpress without messing up the post orders and stuff on my current legacy, or would you prefer me to start up a new thread?

I'm happy for anyone to update on this thread it's fine and I love seeing how everyone's tribe is going.

Thank you :) I'll add the first update when I figure out how to get my saved draft for a thread I was writing back. I can't find it anywhere and I wrote quite a lot :(
    edited April 2015
    Can't find the other thread :( All gone :( So anywhere here is the update.

04-27-15_5-54c2a0pm-2.png
    So this is how I originally created her, but when in game her hair would come up with yellow surrounding it.
    04-27-15_6-13c2a0pm.png
    So then I changed her hair to this, which didn't look as nice but it looked good enough. But no, same problem.
    04-27-15_6-17c2a0pm-2.png
    So in the end I had to settle with this one.
    04-27-15_6-19c2a0pm1.png
    This is the female living quarters. Two beds waiting for the other females that she will recruit.
    04-27-15_6-20c2a0pm.png
    This is the room that will be used to create the children of the tribe. I wouldn't want to contaminate the females beds so hence why I made a separate building too.
    04-27-15_6-20c2a0pm-2.png
    This is the male quarters. Not much for them.
    04-27-15_6-20c2a0pm-3.png
    And finally the cooking area. I figured seeing as they are a tribe they should be using as little electrical items as possible.
    04-27-15_6-23c2a0pm.png
    She's got straight into increasing her athletic skills.
    04-27-15_7-43c2a0pm.png
    She really needs to recruit some people, she's not good at this whole cooking thing.
    04-27-15_7-43c2a0pm-2.png
    She even set herself on fire. Quite a day for her.
    04-27-15_7-44c2a0pm-2.png
    It was getting filthy around the tribe camp, she really needed some slaves and she couldn't cope with the filthiness. Luckily it had been two weeks so the first female arrived, bringing along with her a pair of male twins.
    04-27-15_8-59c2a0pm.png
    This is Liberty Lee. Originally belonging to the BFF household, she was a co-worker of Josie's (The Creator's name) in one of her jobs (she has the non-committal trait so had to keep changing). I added her to the household. Based on the skills and traits she already had, I made her a scholar.
    04-27-15_8-55c2a0pm-2.png
    04-27-15_8-55c2a0pm.png
    The twins; the blonde haired one is the breeding slave and the red-haired one is just the slave for the moment though he might become the breeding slave at some point.
    Post edited by Cookingpup99 on
  • Strike13331Strike13331 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, I'm pretty new here and I wanted to start my own Amazon tribe story, but like I said, I'm new, and I can't post pictures yet, so I would greatly appreciate it if you would like my posts. :) Thanks!
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Just wanted to say I started this challenge and am having an absolute ball.My tribe was thriving,creator, gatherer, 2 slaves and an heiress (the slaves were recruited from the neighborhood only, I am trying to do it that way instead of creating my own) lucky the first born was a girl, so heiress is taken care of, but after the breeding I had to sacrifice the slave to the sacrificial pool, then the other slave grew into adult so I sacrificed him too? I'm a bit confused on this one, if I add slaves are they allowed to go through the adult stage or no? I am finding it a bit hard now with no slaves, the women have been spoilt so far lol. But again having an absolute ball!! Thank you for this challenge @Lovejess2
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    Just wanted to say I started this challenge and am having an absolute ball.My tribe was thriving,creator, gatherer, 2 slaves and an heiress (the slaves were recruited from the neighborhood only, I am trying to do it that way instead of creating my own) lucky the first born was a girl, so heiress is taken care of, but after the breeding I had to sacrifice the slave to the sacrificial pool, then the other slave grew into adult so I sacrificed him too? I'm a bit confused on this one, if I add slaves are they allowed to go through the adult stage or no? I am finding it a bit hard now with no slaves, the women have been spoilt so far lol. But again having an absolute ball!! Thank you for this challenge @Lovejess2
    You do not have to kill them when they change into an adult that is an option if you wanted to have stricter rules but you have to kill them when they become elders.
    Thanks so much @Lovejess2, thanks again for creating this!! having so much fun, playing in ways I haven't done before lol. Ok, Slave Malcolm (Landgrabb) has just joined the tribe lol, and he is not happy about cleaning and repairing and fishing let me tell you, but if he steps out of line, watchout!!! lol
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • OncerFan4LifeOncerFan4Life Posts: 125 Member
    Hi! Thought I give this one a try! Any good Let's Plays on Youtube I can watch just to see how it's played.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Here's a review of my story on YouTube.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qdcIAHHWmP0

Lots of stories here to give you a feel of different tribes: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/818569/the-amazon-challenge-resource#latest

iTvMKZ8.jpg
    I have a question, I started it last night, I have my creator she found her first male breeder and how do I keep the slaves and breeders from sleeping in the female living quarters. I left the game for 5 minutes and I came back and found he was asleep. I didn't have the sim sacrifice him cause I don't have a sacrifice area yet, she let him off with a warning.
    I have a question, I started it last night, I have my creator she found her first male breeder and how do I keep the slaves and breeders from sleeping in the female living quarters. I left the game for 5 minutes and I came back and found he was asleep. I didn't have the sim sacrifice him cause I don't have a sacrifice area yet, she let him off with a warning.

I recommend this mod to lock your doors if you don't want to use it I recommend you just keep an eye on them.
    modthesims.info/d/552565
  • CupOfTea24CupOfTea24 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi, sorry if this is an obvious question but can we only do this with Sims 4? As right now I'm still on 3 and probably won't be getting 4 for some time.
    CupOfTea24 wrote: »
    Hi, sorry if this is an obvious question but can we only do this with Sims 4? As right now I'm still on 3 and probably won't be getting 4 for some time.
    The original challenge was for Sims 3 and here is the link
    modthesims.info/t/506850

• CupOfTea24CupOfTea24 Posts: 4 New Member
    @lovejess2 Thanks
    edited May 2015
    Is there a mod to allow more then 8 sims? Cause I have the founder, plus 5 other females and 2 males. I created them as 1 household.
    Post edited by OncerFan4Life on
    Is there a mod to allow more then 8 sims? Cause I have the founder, plus 5 other females and 2 males. I created them as 1 household.
    There isn't a mod just yet.
    Hope everyone noticed in the patch notes that you can increase your chance of having a girl by eating strawberries or with pop music!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Hope everyone noticed in the patch notes that you can increase your chance of having a girl by eating strawberries or with pop music!!
    That's great to hear thanks. Maybe in the tribe there can be a sacred garden that grows strawberries to produce the future amazons.
    It would be great to have more than 8 sims, I agree totally!! I am currently out recruiting my provider, but she will be my last I can have.
    I have: The Creator, Heiress, Gatherer & daughter (who will take over), Scholar and 2 slaves. I really want my shaman, but I'm wondering if anyone has only 1 slave and can handle his duties??
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    It would be great to have more than 8 sims, I agree totally!! I am currently out recruiting my provider, but she will be my last I can have.
    I have: The Creator, Heiress, Gatherer & daughter (who will take over), Scholar and 2 slaves. I really want my shaman, but I'm wondering if anyone has only 1 slave and can handle his duties??
    I find they can handle with just one slave. Providers cook meals and care for the amazons up close but the slaves tend for more straining hard work like gardening and repairing items.

It really just depends on your tribe. I've had to rotate my women out to the next door house I set up for them so I can have more. I also move out any sons born to the tribe but will work them back in if I need to, It works. There is a mod that will increase numbers: http://modthesims.info/d/536556#.VCb-x1oB5g8.twitter

I've never used mods that modify gameplay, so,I've been hesitant to use it. I'd love to know if anyone has used it successfully.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • LoneOnyxStardustLoneOnyxStardust Posts: 397 Member
    I move the sons out at teens to a slave compound and say they are going to train then if I need them in the future I don't have to look far
    But as lovejess said once you have a provider and a gather it only really leaves repairing to do mind you if you keep your graces on the lot there will be a lot of repairs
    Check out my gallery Origin ID LoneOnyxStardust

Thanks everyone, I probably would have only kept one slave, but found him getting lonely and yellow and red in the social, whilst it is funny when you think of the torturous side of the challenge, he really was getting high maintenance lol. I found the cowplant doesn't give social, which is a shame, and he kept trying to come and socialize on the female side of the lot which would have got him killed a lot sooner than I'd like hehehee. I have found that mod @pammiechick, but like you, I am hesitant to use these sorts of mods, already gone through one full reinstall a while back and don't wanna go there again if I can help it
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • LoneOnyxStardustLoneOnyxStardust Posts: 397 Member
    so i'm introducing a new sim to my tribe as its the second week the tribes been running though im not sure what role to assign her any ideas
    05_07_15_4_57__pm_by_lone_onyx_stardust-d8shi0p.png

also a question @lovejess2 it says
    "To get to a certain rank they need to at least have some skill-points in most of the specializations. They also need to have a fitting job (if possible). This is if nothing else is mentioned. Upon raising in rank, they can change to a more fitting career."

does that mean the tribal sisters can have a career or does that mean a career within the tribe, its had me confused for a while although my last tribe managed to live well off of the money earnt from their garden produce and fishing
    just thought i should ask to clear things up
    Check out my gallery Origin ID LoneOnyxStardust

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top