Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievements? Achievements!

Comments

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    How do you get that achievement that has to do with TV channel surfing and radio station surfing? Like, I tried to do it really quickly making sure my sim watched a bit of the TV show before changing the channel but I didn't get it.
    There are some channels and radio stations that are only available after you've upgraded the items enough.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    IsewIsew Posts: 33 Member
    I finally got the basketcase achievement. The sim I was using has the 'never weary' trait. I'm not sure, but asleep might be one that's required. I was going through them all again and sent her to bed to top off the energy and it completed. There's a small chance that it was flirty though since the bedroom is my flirty room.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @JoxerTM22, I saw on another thread that you've joined Carl's and Pam's Sims Forum. Sometime in November or December, you should start looking for info on their Tournament Challenge. I think you might enjoy the challenges, and given the speed that you've completed the aspirations, you'd probably give competition to the usual winners.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2014
    How do you get that achievement that has to do with TV channel surfing and radio station surfing? Like, I tried to do it really quickly making sure my sim watched a bit of the TV show before changing the channel but I didn't get it.

Make sure you do all of these (send sim to watch one of these, switch to next channel when sim is done watching):

image.jpg

After that, go to your radio, listen to these, one by one:

radio.jpg

If you don't have some of these TV/radio options, you have to upgrade them first!

@Isew

Good thinking! Although it's not emotion per se, maybe it's required!

@MVWdeZT

Actually I didn't join yet, which doesn't mean I won't. The reason I didn't join yet - there are less spamthreads about DLC and cheats last couple of days. ;)
    Erm, not sure what's their tournament challenge, but could give it a shot. Especially if it's really challenging! If you look carefully, I still didn't finish woohoo 50 times achievement... It's not a challenge. It's a pure grind. You can't devise a strategy on that as they have to be unique NPC sims which wouldn't be a huge problem if it didn't mean also many loadscreens. :(
    But okay, I'll warm my seat and do that one next.
  • Options
    HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    What about Event Horizon? (I love the achievement name)
    The only social events I can host are Date, Wedding, Dinner Party and House Party? How can I unlock more or do I need to do or achieve something special?
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    There are some channels and radio stations that are only available after you've upgraded the items enough.
    Oh darn, I didn't upgrade them. Thanks for the heads up.
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »

Make sure you do all of these (send sim to watch one of these, switch to next channel when sim is done watching):

image.jpg

After that, go to your radio, listen to these, one by one:

radio.jpg

If you don't have some of these TV/radio options, you have to upgrade them first!

Okay, thank you so much!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Heledriel wrote: »
    What about Event Horizon? (I love the achievement name)<br />
    The only social events I can host are Date, Wedding, Dinner Party and House Party? How can I unlock more or do I need to do or achieve something special?
    Actually you have 5 social event types - you forgot the birthday party. ;)

Event Horizon and The Main Event are pay2win achievements.
    You can't get them if you don't buy deluxe edition or upgrade your game on deluxe.
    I'm aware that some internet "guides" say you need to do 4 or 5 different events for these achievements, but they all lie. You need to do 7 different social events.

This is how it looks in standard and limited game editions:

part1.jpg
    part2.jpg

Disgusting or not, depends on your thoughts about pay2win... Scandal. Other words I'd use to describe it, the forum autocensor would replace with "plum".
    Although I can only spit on that "business", some others believe it's completely normal and next day they sell their mother for 5 bucks. In the meantime, EA wins the worst company vote in UnitedStates, noone should wonder why.

• Options
    RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    Sorry the teen thing didn't work out. I'm tempted to give it a go this weekend if I can squeeze it in.

I don't mind achievements that require DLC of whatever sort. I just want them separate. So in this case, I think there should be achievements for silver and gold on the five basic ones, then extra achievements for silver and gold on the two DLC ones. Lots of console games do it that way and I'm used to that. Seems reasonable.
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    In short.
    Woohoo achievement is - bugged.

Or is not written properly.
    I used one sim to woohoo 50 unique NPC sims (means, 50 unique sims that were made by Maxis and are not nor were ever a part of my household).
    No achievement.

It is however possible that for the achievement it's required that YOUR 50 sims, not just one, but 50 of them, every one of them woohoo at least one unique NPC sim noone woohooed before. It's also possible that the requirement is to woohoo unique elders in telescope, unique adults in rocket, and unique just aged up teens in a bed.
    Whatever it is, since this is not a hidden achievement, they should have written it - and that still makes it a bug at least with description.
    I've wasted hours, gained nothing.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    In short.
    Woohoo achievement is - bugged.

Or is not written properly.
    I used one sim to woohoo 50 unique NPC sims (means, 50 unique sims that were made by Maxis and are not nor were ever a part of my household).
    No achievement.

It is however possible that for the achievement it's required that YOUR 50 sims, not just one, but 50 of them, every one of them woohoo at least one unique NPC sim noone woohooed before. It's also possible that the requirement is to woohoo unique elders in telescope, unique adults in rocket, and unique just aged up teens in a bed.
    Whatever it is, since this is not a hidden achievement, they should have written it - and that still makes it a bug at least with description.
    I've wasted hours, gained nothing.

Well your sim ought to be pretty...satiated, right?
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    Thanks Joxer (yes my bad I forgot the most common of all parties ;v), I didn't find a source which explicit mentioned that you need to have the deluxe edition to earn this achievement; thus I wasn't completely sure if the parties could just be unlocked otherwise.
    I'm pretty sure they will release more party types to unlock this later, or so I hope.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    Actually, just checked modthesims - modders made two new party types. Honestly am not sure if those mods can help us who don't have deluxe edition with these two achievements, but after I'm done with all other achievements, I'll try that.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Did Super Best Friends achievement.

Now I'm not sure if it's bugged or not, that's for someone else to determine. All I can say is that it's perfectly solvable.
    The strategy?

Add 5 sims to your household in CAS. Recommended popularity asp. and outgoing trait on all.
    Now make them BFF with any NPC sims.
    Done?
    Okay, save the game then go "just manage worlds", kick those 5 dummy sims out into a new (unplayed) household, repeat the process (add 5 sims...).

What happened in my game? I got the achievement on the 10th sim! Not on 20th I've expected.
    Now either the requirement is not 20 but 10 (bugged text), or the game also counted BFFs I made during friend of the world aspiration on two sims (that are not BFFs actually any more). On those two sims I really did make 5+5 times BFF with a NPC sim.
    Which in the end means someone else will have to determine which case is it. Wrong number in the description or the game adds data from the aspiration.

Pics? Pics.

bff1.jpgbff2.jpgbff3.jpg
    bff10.jpg
    Post edited by JoxerTM22 on
  • Options
    Done 'Til Death Do Us Part. This is perhaps the easiest achievement of them all.
    From the pic it's completely obvious how I did this hidden achievement.

broom2.jpg
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited September 2014
    Uh, how is it easy?

Edit: Starve him or her? That takes days. Sim days.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    No. You nuts? Who does that?!
    :D

You didn't read previous posts if you can't get it from the pic only. The strategy is the same I used for Vengeful Deity, spot that Clyde has a helmet on his head:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12728021/#Comment_12728021

Why I didn't use junkbarbarian's strategy again? Because during marriage the sim is so happy it'd probably be virtually impossible to get the enraged mood before the wedding social event timer expires.

Some more read on killing sims possibilities for those interested not very related to this thread:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12750088/#Comment_12750088
  • Options
    Oh. I did read the previous posts, but like always I missed it.

Sorry.
  • Options
    I just got the I'll Take Care Of It Later achievement yesterday. Wasn't easy to get like I thought it would.
  • Options
    Congrats! Details?
    Did you went something similar as I did, or just collected broken electronics and sinks aside till you collect 10 or something?
  • Options
    Thanks. At first I had just ignored the kitchen sink and bathroom sink cause they broke at the same time. Then after that the radio stopped working. All I was getting was two flooded rooms. So I ended up putting 10 small radios in the hallway upstairs and turned them on, and had them stay on for days and nights. Then forgot about them cause I keep my sims on the main floor, I think when the big radio broke down, that's when I got the achievement.

That's how I got it. How about you JoxerTM22? How did you get yours?
  • Options
    I wrote on the second page. Sabotaged 10 cheap radios. ;)
    (hint: my sig).
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I wish achievements were account wide and not save bound. I like normal achievements rather than ones stuck to a save.

I thought they WERE supposed to be account wide, till I earned both Introvert and All Nighter in two different saves. So now I'm just going to stick with this one save and play my family across the generations to get as many of them as I can.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    A few new achievements are added in the game with the update 01/10/2014.
    I'm curreently working on the grindy marriages, but will make sure to get these done too (edited also in the first post):
    - Black Widow
    - Ghost Family
    - Ghostly
    - Honorary SimGuru
    - In The Game
    - Just Getting Started
    - What Would It Be Like
  • Options
    After (and a few before) update 10/1/2014... This post I'll just mention nonghost achievements, no phylosohpy there, from their description it's pretty much obvious what to do.

Circle of life (just link so it doesn't look ugly):
    http://s29.postimg.org/q3go6jy93/circle.jpg

New ones everyone will get automatically (In The Game and Just Getting Started):
    24_in.jpgjge.jpg

For The Hoard, thanks to fixed grafting in the update the final collection (gardening) was possible to complete:
    garednallcoll.jpg

Okay, onto ghosts in the next post!
  • Options
    First a hint:
    For sims you plan to kill and then add as ghosts to your household, use one sim to befriend to max green line. Why? Because when they appear as ghosts, you can instantly invite them through a line inside friendly options.

Ghostly is pretty easy.
    Kill a sim, don't destroy the urn/tombstone and don't put it in house inventory but keep it in or outside the house, wait a few days till the ghost appears (after midnight), befriend the ghost (max green line) and invite to live with you (chat option among friendlylines):

ghostly.jpg

Black Widow is also easy, although needs a lil' bit of time.
    So your sim has to burry 5 spouses. Okay. Marry then kill one by one. Aging on/off is irrelevant, the fastest way is to marry 5 elders or ageup spouses on the cake instantly to elder then double woohoo in the rocket. Why not anger kill? Because after marriage spouses will be so happy it's nearly impossible to get them angry. And why not laughter kill? Because it's more timeconsuming than woohoo with elder sims. Not saying you shouldn't try that:

blackwid.jpg

What Would It Be Like is - bugged.
    Still achievable though. It will not trigger if your sim woohooed ghost sim before becoming ghost!
    Means what? If you'll do it with one of exes that are now ghosts from previous achievement, the living spouse can't get the achievement. Use another living sim to woohoo one of those dead spouses!
    The achievement text should say "woohoo with a ghost sim for the first time".

wooh.jpg

Like woohooing achievement, the text description for Ghost Family is not really true.
    You definetly have to put 8 ghosts in one house and then play that house.
    But those ghosts don't have to be a family of mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, etc. They can be nonrelated. And it's good that it's made like that because many players have glitches with ingame relationships currently.

In any case you'll shuffle sims through manage household option till you get 8 of them, then you'll put all 8 in one house and start playing that house. The achievement will kick in and next you'll do is kicking those annoying ghosts, at least a few of them, out!

family1.jpgfamily2.jpg

Next one to pursue although I said I won't go slotmachhine as I hate gambling, is tripleplay. Wish me luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top