Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Plumbob Statues for us

I was bound and determined to get the collector's item this time. I checked with EA via chat, and they said that UK disks would work here. So I went on the GAME website and tried to order The Sims 4 Collector's Edition. I got an error code due to fraud. After checking with my bank, I went to the GAME Live Chat. It seems that the Collector's Edition weighs too much to be shipped overseas, and there is no way to override the system.

Darn! No plumbob statues for us US folk.

Comments

• DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    I got the Collector's edition
    I have alot of the sims 3 games
    I couldnt find any of the Plumbob statues.
  • AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    @Dariu, The Sims 4 Collector's Edition is the same thing as The Premium Edition is in the US, with the addition of a USB Interactive Plumbob Statue. This is exclusive to The Sims 4, as the Plumbob flash drive was to The Sims 3. Evidently, TS4 Collector's Edition weighs to much for Game to ship overseas, as they usually don't ship hardware and such.
    edited September 2014
    Annikaperi wrote: »
    @Dariu, The Sims 4 Collector's Edition is the same thing as The Premium Edition is in the US, with the addition of a USB Interactive Plumbob Statue. This is exclusive to The Sims 4, as the Plumbob flash drive was to The Sims 3. Evidently, TS4 Collector's Edition weighs to much for Game to ship overseas, as they usually don't ship hardware and such.

OHH THAT PLUMBOB STATUE
    should of said the Plumbob lamp
    im talking about the Plumbob item thingymajiigy in the game as a decor

...wait what?
    Im in Indonesia and I got it shipped to Indonesia.
  • Mouse1996Mouse1996 Posts: 269 Member
    I so wish the US could have gotten the statues. The look awesome. I love my fellow UK Simmers, but I'm so jealous of you over that. :smile:
    ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif
    @Dariu, it is not something that was released for the US, so here it is a special order.
    Mouse1996 wrote: »
    I so wish the US could have gotten the statues. The look awesome. I love my fellow UK Simmers, but I'm so jealous of you over that. :smile:

I know, right? We are usually the lucky ones, but this time it's their turn.

well you still are the lucky ones
    im living in a 3rd world country and my internet connection is so bad that i cant use the gallery :<
    Dariu wrote: »

im living in a 3rd world country and my internet connection is so bad that i cant use the gallery :<

Yes, we are that.

:s I totally walked into a "First World Problems" situation right there. That really sucks. If anything, you have officially got the best signature on the forums right now. :smile:
    ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif

:s I totally walked into a "First World Problems" situation right there. That really sucks. If anything, you have officially got the best signature on the forums right now. :smile:

xD if theres sound, he goes "RERORERORERORERORERO" while he does it
    its based on an anime... Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders
    his name is Kakyouin.

xD if theres sound, he goes "RERORERORERORERORERO" while he does it
    its based on an anime... Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders
    his name is Kakyouin.

He's awesome. LOL! And he's got skills. LOL!
    ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Ebay?
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • kezza11178kezza11178 Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited September 2014
    Its nice but the collectors edition was way over priced i was £85.00 for mines :(
    IMG_0257_zpsd4271476.jpg
    Ebay?

Ebay prices seem crazy so far. But for those still looking for that plum bob statue, it seems Game may no longer be exclusive. Alternative sellers have begun appearing on amazon.co.uk. They are charging about the same price, at any rate.
    kezza11178 wrote: »
    Its nice but the collectors edition was way over priced i was £85.00 for mines :(
    IMG_0257_zpsd4271476.jpg

Yeah, it's crazy. That's what they are all charging. I missed one for slightly cheaper while I was trying to figure out if country codes mattered.
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    sorry
    TL8ZBmw.gif
    I was tempted to change my mind and just go for the limited edition as game were doing an offer with the prima guide but i missed out the sims 3 plumbob so i really had to get this one lol
    sorry

Thanks.
    I was tempted to change my mind and just go for the limited edition as game were doing an offer with the prima guide but i missed out the sims 3 plumbob so i really had to get this one lol

Yeah, I want to have a plumbob something. (Boy, autocorrect is really aggressive on this thing.) And it's so pretty. Not sure how much it adds to the game experience, but it's cool to look at.
    it does exactly the same as the mouse just changes colour with the mood of the sim
    it does exactly the same as the mouse just changes colour with the mood of the sim

I know it does that. I just don't know if it's something a person would want to always have plugged in, would be annoyed by or forget it's there, or would just want to take out and admire from time to time. As they work outside the game, they could be used for ambiance, too. I wonder if it adds to the game to have something extra registering the mood of your Sim.