Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gather Ye Rosebuds - a Neighborhood Rotation Blog

Comments

• KaelinKaelin Posts: 39 Member
    I just stumbled across your story - I'm only a few chapters in, but it's great so far! Looking forward to seeing where you take it. I love Scarlet's home!
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Alyssia29 @CathyTea @PeachesnDucks @CapturedMuse @Kaelin Thanks guys for stopping by and reading! Wow, so cool. I've been playing nearly all day and haven't had a chance to check out other people's stories or update my Links page to try and get other people's stories in there, but I'll try to make time to reciporcate! <3 Again, thanks for reading - I post all these gazillion chapters since I just love my Simmies and want to remember all the little details along the way. I was the same way with Sims 2, lol.

OK, and another update - this time Chapter 19. More Don and Babs drama. I love their dysfunctional relationship, lol. <3
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Isn't it just heaven to have all Saturday afternoon to play? I'm lucky that my boyfriend used to love TS2, so he understands my immersion. He plays chess online all day, so I guess we're a match made in gamers' heaven. Anyway, can't wait to read your next chapter. I like the way you play Don, bringing out his true character and we can even see that he's a bit of a softy beneath that bravado.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Ha, I loved this update! Scarlet is cracking me up. ;D
    I need Babs in my game too!
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • PeachesnDucksPeachesnDucks Posts: 1,537 Member
    omg! Scarlet showing up as she did. I'm still rolling. lol Great chapter!
    @Rachel--about the caterer... I think it may have more to do with the line at the fridge than with her being a slacker. When I have my Sim as the caterer, she constantly has to cancel out the "cook roast chicken" or "bake a cake" or "make a garden salad" item in her queue because she can't get to the fridge when the guests are bee-lining it to it! At first, when I saw the action canceled out, I thought maybe there was a glitch--like an invisible pile of garbage blocking the way. And I tried moving the fridge, and that worked sometimes. Then, I put in a second kitchen, and that worked for the first party, but then for the next party, the guests knew about the second fridge, so there were long lines at BOTH, and she kept stamping her foot and then heading over to get a drink or dance or play chess. Anyway, moving the fridge will sometimes sort of work. We really need to have more polite guests who will just sit on the couch and visit until dinner is served!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    It's funny... the kids are so wholesome, and the adults so... risque. I guess it's like the 70's!

Scarlet! Gotta love her! Not too obvious, there, Scar.

edited September 2014
    @Cathy Tea @FloorRaisin @PeachesnDucks Lol, thanks guys for reading. Glad you enjoyed it. Scarlet's appearance like that was truly priceless, lol. And yah, this Generation is quite "risque" rofl. I try to have a balance though. Hopefully, Dina and Efrain's pure marriage offsets Scarlet and Don and Babs's craziness, LOL. And CathyTea, I think you're totally right about the caterer issue. The Sims really do beeline for the fridge, and the way I have the kitchen and bar close together, there's always a lot of Sims crowding, so that makes total sense why the caterer can't actually get in there to cook!

I have Chapter 20 up. This is the last chapter with Don and Babs for a while now. I'm probably moving on to Geoffrey Landgraab's household, or maybe even Nina Caliente. Really want to get her married, lol. And there's some community lots I want to build. A new gym for one. Again, thanks everyone for reading. <3
    Cute update! I have a (probably stupid) question - how did you upload only Alissa to the gallery without actually splitting up the household? I've not figured out how to do that yet.
    Oh my gosh. You can't even say stoopid. *headdesk*
    edited September 2014
    Cute update! I have a (probably stupid) question - how did you upload only Alissa to the gallery without actually splitting up the household? I've not figured out how to do that yet.

@FloorRaisin Lol. I wasn't sure either, because when I pulled her up in CAS while playing, all I could do was upload the entire household. So I just saved the entire family to my personal library (no share/Gallery upload), then closed down my game and went to the main menu. I started a new game and went into my Gallery, and brought up the household, deleted Babs and Don, and then from there I could upload Alissa all by herself to the Gallery to share. Whew. Yah, all that for what should just be a simple button somewhere! Lol. And you don't need to save the new game every time, just exit.
    Post edited by RachelRosebud on
    Such a fun chapter! I really love goofballs. I hope you upload her again when she's a YA! BTW, I'm a big fan of the animal hats! That guy looks so cute in it! And where's Scarlet?

edited September 2014
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Such a fun chapter! I really love goofballs. I hope you upload her again when she's a YA! BTW, I'm a big fan of the animal hats! That guy looks so cute in it! And where's Scarlet?
    Lol, you know I shouldn't be so judgmental about those animal hats. You've convinced me they really are cute and I shouldn't be so stubborn, lol. I tweaked my chapter accordingly for that part :) And I don't think Scarlet was invited to the party, lol. She's not the center of the universe anymore, lol. But don't tell her.

Edit: actually, Scarlet was invited. She's out in the back patio eating a hamburger. I totally didn't even notice her till now, wow. ROFL. I guess I didn't recognize her without her wedding dress on, lol just kidding :)

Hi Rachel, I hope you having a great day. Alissa is so adorable. Don is turning out to be a sweet dad, in spite of his noncommittal issues. Who knows, if he keeps at Bella, she may give in. lol
    Oh, poor Scarlet. Moping alone on the back patio. :(

@FloorRaisin Lol. I wasn't sure either, because when I pulled her up in CAS while playing, all I could do was upload the entire household. So I just saved the entire family to my personal library (no share/Gallery upload), then closed down my game and went to the main menu. I started a new game and went into my Gallery, and brought up the household, deleted Babs and Don, and then from there I could upload Alissa all by herself to the Gallery to share. Whew. Yah, all that for what should just be a simple button somewhere! Lol. And you don't need to save the new game every time, just exit.

Ohh, shucks. I was hoping there was a magic invisible-to-me button! Thanks for the reply. :)
    edited September 2014
    The Landgraabs are definitely up for my next play rotation! Geoffrey is the baby daddy for Scarlet's daughter, Sarah, so there's that.

I've completely started from scratch to build them a new home. The vision began as a huge, abandoned-feel warehouse (criminal lord type thing), but the inside all garishly opulent with lots of open spaces between levels.

It's turned into red, red, everywhere red!. I *love* red, lol. The warehouse feel is still sort of there since all the floors are metal. I put in an indoor palm tree atrium (so the Tiki Bar doesn't look so out of place). The atrium is neat because it's open three levels high, and the master bedroom at the top looks out on those coconuts! I really hate that trees disappear when you get close - a real nuisance when taking pictures :(

Just to show you what I have so far:
    TS42014-09-2921-36-57-15_zpsf5b8ae41.jpg
    TS42014-09-2921-37-29-21_zps21064997.jpg
    TS42014-09-2921-35-42-25_zps7576e5b4.jpg
    TS42014-09-2921-32-49-89_zps8a7527a2.jpg
    TS42014-09-2921-32-25-58_zps4f407756.jpg
    TS42014-09-2921-34-30-38_zpsf27d5996.jpg
    TS42014-09-2921-35-50-79_zpsc6661b05.jpg

Anyway, I'm just super excited about playing the Landgraabs. But this home is HUGE and will probably take me a few days to complete, lol, so I probably won't have a chapter update for awhile.
    Thanks for reading, and happy simming. :)
    That house looks amazing! You're really excellent at building!
    Wow! It's gorgeous! I can't believe that's the same lot where the Boughs have their little complex of crumbling adobe casitas! I also don't like the disappearing trees--it's annoying when I send my nature-lover Sims out to hang out under their fav tree and the tree disappears...

• YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    That house is amazing!! :) your story is also very interesting too, I've bookmarked it.
    That house is awesome! I love that kitchen.
    Do you have this house on the gallery? I'd love to let Manzanita live in it if I get to kick her off the lot!

edited October 2014
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Do you have this house on the gallery? I'd love to let Manzanita live in it if I get to kick her off the lot!
    I have it about 95 percent completed. Right now I'm playtesting. My favorite part is that I managed to put the rocket launch pad (Unbuilt) on the fourth level (roof level). It's pretty freakin' neat. Imagine liftoff from way up there. Every level of the house is max height. While this height definitely gave me the evil crimelord warehouse feel I was shooting for, actually playing it has solidified my preference for smaller homes, lol. This build is truly massive and the Landgraabs are swallowed up by it. As an example, I ended up placing the cupcake maker machine in the kitchen, and it looks right at home. Any normal-sized kitchen, it'd look way too big. Out of place. Not in this humongous house, lol.

Anyway, short answer: not yet, but soon it will be available on Gallery, lol.

Thanks for asking <3

Edit: oh, and I'm building it on the Landgraab lot. It's huge as you know, 50 by 50 I believe. Unfortunately, I think it's impossible to download the house and place on a smaller lot. This really stinks because while the house is huge, its not taking up the entire lot. If I want to move the house to a smaller lot, at this point, I think the only option is to save the house room by room, then reassemble it elsewhere. Major problem if things don't reconnect well, given a lot of the build is open across several levels like the palm tree atrium. Might be worth it to try though, just so people don't need to give up a rare 50 by 50 lot. :)