July 3 - No Friday without a Friday Highlight! Find this week's highlighted discussions here.
June 27 - Let's pick our Best of Simming for June 2020!

Build Mode Feedback for EA

1798081828385...Next

Comments

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 951 Member
    I am wondering if anyone else has got back the disappearing terrain paint issue in laptop mode? or if it’s just me. I have not tested vanilla to see if I can reproduce this.

Can we add to the list:
    Mini fridges, washers and dryers snapping under the countertop please.

I still want a round free standing wood stove with a stovepipe PLEASE . (My yurt dreams remain crushed) I really think wood burning stoves should have the same heating effect off-grid as fireplaces.

I know I keep asking but having roofs snap to half walls would be fantastic! As well as split levelling without conflicting block clusters at some point would be great.
  • Cinna32Cinna32 Posts: 41 Member
    so many good ideas I'd wholeheartedly agree with.

my wishes:

proper roof windows, there are even roof windows that are pop-up mini balconies and other cool stuff out there. Yes, it is possible to make them using the glass roof tile but it's super tedious and just not the same as a proper window.

To go with the whole tiny living topic and such I'd love to have space-saving steeper stairs. Especially ones that double as a shelf or wardrobe would be so nice. A bit like the cozy cubby but with stair functionality.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 417 Member
    edited June 1
    I think there should be more built-in features, like shelves and seats and bookcases that rest in the walls rather than outside of them. More spandrel and corbel styles. The ability to build foundations/stages within a house like in TS2. The ability to have different foundation levels. More versions of windows that are open, like the Jungle Adventure windows. More pool trims. The ability to change fence height. The ability to post beams on ceilings. Another thing that would be nice is if we can have options to leave doors and windows open. Maybe it’s just a web menu so that when you click on the door/window there is an option for Open. Kind of like Lock settings on doors or all of the Lights settings on lights.
    Post edited by NationalPokedex on
  • MarisSimsMarisSims Posts: 12 New Member
    As someone who has just gotten into really building something other than a box with windows, I wish there were a filter option to filter out my custom content. If I'm going to upload to the gallery I try to keep those builds cc free. Right now you can filter to just see your cc or to just see purchased, meaning expansion, game, and stuff packs. But there isn't a filter option that will show base game and purchased items.
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 176 Member
    •The ability to stack windows above one another as well on doors. I know that you can if you add another story, but it just looks odd in certain stances, like, too spaced out or oddly placed.
    •Matching swatches for doors, windows, and steps. It's kind of hard to mix n' match buildings when the colors are slightly off. It's more of a pet peeve, but I hear it's a pretty common complaint. Screen doors, too?
    •More added outdoor plants. There hasn't been any new greenery added for landscaping since the base? I'd like more of a variety of that (and maybe a cheaper price, too).
    •More rustic objects and decor. Maybe it's just me, but I've only managed to see a small amount of wooden items in build mode. I think I've only seen, like, one real plastered walling and the rest were on a more modern take, more slick-looking. I think I'd like something more retro or run down, kind of handmade.
    •Thin fencing. Some fencing that I use are a bit big and not as small as I'd like it for gardening purposes.
    •Have different sized stories and being able to maneuver past an obstacle when placing walls, fencing, and/or stairs without having to start over again from scratch just from messing something slightly up.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 951 Member
    Can we please get locking functionality on gates the same as doors?
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 1,692 Member
    I was wondering why isn't this shelf a bookshelf ?

S5R8p8F.jpg
  • XinqunXinqun Posts: 589 Member
    It looks like we can't place anything on a diagonal wall if it's within half a wall from the edge; which means that if your diagonal wall is just one wall length, you can't place anything on it, period. I'm pretty sure we used to be able to do it, though, so this must be the result of a recent update. Is there a reason for this, or is it a bug that we can hope will eventually get fixed?