Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• Options
    NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    @Nectere It was definitely the entire rail flickering. I'm not certain if it is lot specific, but I can try. I linked the gallery link to the build below if you wanted to see.

@BryonyRae Yes it is on the gallery. Here is the link:
    When Baroque Met Modern

I located a number of new things I wanted to point out in my latest build. It was my first build with extensive roofing and in the Cape Cod style of having an entire floor entirely enclosed by roof. Thus I noticed things I never did before. I can list out a few of them and then take pictures to explain once I am able.

1. There is a lot of flickering at the intersection of a large circular roof with straight roofs. The style of roof specifically is the circular roof with the half gable roof. Although the intersection is seemless, the borders still flicker. I tried deleting and replacing the roof but same thing. It occurs on both sides with both half gables (should be clearer once I can link pictures).

2. The circular porch under the roof does not allow placement or selection of items from the outward angle. I have to rotate the camera to the right side only, and then I am able to select items or move items in this area. Not a big deal but quite bizarre.

3. On the second floor, the roof trims of half roofs protrude into inner walls. The roofs themselves do not show because the area is recognised as a room but the trims (only the upper half) still show inside. I had to use various objects placed over them so it wouldn't look too weird haha.

4. Lastly, and this one is likely the only glitch that could be important, on the floor enclosed by roofs it is not possible to replace walls with spandrels, half-walls or fencing. I was trying to create a 2-story entrance hall with a part of the flooring removed from the second floor to see into the ground floor entrance, and then I had intended to build a fence around the hallway on the second floor. While I was able to delete the floor inside a new room, I could not then delete any of those walls or replace them with fencing or the entire roofs from outside would show inside as the game no longer recognised the area as an inside room space. I am able to build new standalone fence and half-walls but spandrels are entirely impossible. Upon googling I noticed this is not the first time someone has mentioned this so I doubt it is a new glitch. Another bizarre aspect is that if I create the room and then delete the floor then create a room around it, I am then able to delete the walls then build fence where they used to be. However, when I saved and restarted the game later, the floor I had deleted reappeared so even this did not work in creating a 2 story area.
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Nore & @BryonyRae because I have run into one form or another of weird building anomalies like this I did some testing:

Your stair rail flickering seemed lot/world dependent - testing was limited to 30x20 lots - no cheats enabled, placed in build mode, no lot rotation, no mods/cc

In Oasis Springs I found no flickering on any 30x20 lots
    In Magnolia it did not flicker on its one 30x20 lot

In Myshuno both 30x20 lots flickered (I did not test penthouse as it is not a true 30x20)
    In Forgotten Hollow both 30x20 lots flickered

In Windenburg only one 30x20 lot did not flicker
    TvlDFhl.png?1

In Brindleton Bay only one 30x20 lot did not flicker
    cueJHDb.png

In Willow Creek it was hit or miss
    lMvcpk2.png?1

In Newcrest it was hit or miss
    A4DMEN6.png?1

@Nore if you could pick a couple of non flickering lots and confirm you get the same results that would be awesome.

On point 1 this is a known issue at this time
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16165640/#Comment_16165640

I am afraid I am no help on points 2 -4.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    @nectere thank you that is an extensive amount of work. So weird that it is lot specific.

Does anyone know if there is a way to choose the angle when saving a lot to the gallery or library? Specifically I'm referring to the second picture, the side picture. Mine are always from the right side, however, I have seen a few in the gallery from the left side. I wonder why that is?

• Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    @ Nore It depends on the lot as to which side the second picture is and no you can't choose which side. I try to remember before I start building to see what angles will be used and try to avoid using large trees that block the house view.
  • Options
    Ah okay, thank you for letting me know. I always forget and for some bizarre reason have a tendency to put all the interesting stuff on the left haha. I never knew why they didn't picture the front and back rather than side as the side is usually the least interesting bit anyway.

• Options
    Another mystery I cannot seem to figure out haha! The corbels placed under the front circular dome, there are 2, seem to vanish every time I place the lot. They were raised using 9 but they are not falling to the ground, I checked under the foundation as well. What's more they should be within the bounds of the octagonal room in the entrance anyway. Anyone know what's going on? Is it because they are diagonal?

2824426022169a8017573e7062faa329377124efaafc02498d274128133b65508d8b0feb.jpg

• Options
    It's hard to tell from the picture but they don't look like they are within the octagonal room. Sometimes things on the edge (usually one side only), even though they seem to be within bounds, still go missing. Are you able to move them further in as if they are coming out from the columns?
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    I'm sorry for going MIA, guys, the flu struck my entire family this week, and I've been pretty out of it. Will catch up as soon as I can... in the meantime, thanks for helping each other. :) And Merry Christmas / Happy New Year to all!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    Hope you and yours are well enough to enjoy the festive season @BryonyRae. Have a Merry Christmas and happy New Year to you as well. :)
  • Options
    Hey @Nore I'm wondering how you have done what looks like diagonal stairs at the front porch?
  • Options
    sawdust wrote: »
    Hey @Nore I'm wondering how you have done what looks like diagonal stairs at the front porch?

Those look like the pool/fountain stepping stones to me or possible one of the shelves
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    @Nore regarding the flickering - this is actually an issue caused by the end post on the fence getting displaced. I did some testing and logged an issue for it here. FYI, until they fix it, you could work around this glitch by changing foundation height to greater than 3 notches or less than 2 notches or also by drawing the fence further in so that it intersects the stairs.

I believe your roof flickering is probably addressed by this issue. As for # 2 and # 3, I'd need more information / images. # 4 sounds like issues we've talked about before with fencing/half walls. Using those in an open story structure can cause problems depending upon where they are positioned. For instance, fencing or half walls that connect to an external wall will cause the space to no longer be recognized as a room. But again, it would be helpful to see images of what you're discussing and/or to take a look at the build itself.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    edited January 2018
    Anyone else have this? The shadows don't correspond to "The Scattered Panes" window structure.

N1Zn94U.png

Already reset directory, repaired game, and used a new save. It's only these windows (I assume because these are the only windows that change their structure with recolors).

The "Frost Your House Double Door" shadows also don't match their recolor structure:

6KRHW5C.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    So I got a question. Every so often I decide I want to change a wall in a house that I've already built and decorated. This could be recoloring the wall, changing a spandrel or even just removing the wall. The problem is it will often delete objects inside the room. I have had this happen when changing anything on the outside of the house as well.

Cheats used in this instance: bb.moveobjects on to raise affected tables. No mods, no cc.
    (this can also occur with no cheats used)

In this example room there are coffee tables stacked with stuff on them to look like the shelves.

None of the objects are on or touching the wall. Also it seems random as to what will be deleted. Sometimes the items are on the wall, like paintings, sometimes they are simply items near the same wall or the opposite wall. Anyone know why? Was this already reported and I missed it?

Room as is
    ElnvTSI.png

Wanting to change the color of the spandrel (note the highlighted yellow deletion in the back)
    7DRNRZ8.png
    Wanting to change color of wall (note the highlighted yellow deletion in the back)
    4eSgZO9.png

Delete wall
    All instances remove the objects on two coffee tables inside room
    xOJzI0o.png

Interestingly enough if I turn bb.moveobjects off the same objects will highlight but not be removed.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    coldplay2233coldplay2233 Posts: 451 Member
    Can we please have a way to texture the inside of foundations? for example, if i have a basement under my house foundation and i build stairs going down, it looks grey and untextured. I took a screenshot. look please

8cGb6ve.png
  • Options
    @withlovejulien yes, that window is bugged. Originally, it didn't cast any shadows at all. Now it appears to be casting the wrong shadows for certain palette choices. I have updated that in the thread where we're tracking it.
  • Options
    Well, it looks like we're going to have to live with this one - dev is saying it's intended behavior. I wasn't surprised with the odd angled roofs, but I am a bit surprised that they won't fix the octagonal one.
  • Options
    @Nectere yes, that is a known issue (we track it here). One workaround is indeed to toggle bb.moveobjects on/off (depending upon which toggle is giving you more trouble). Another, especially when it comes to wall styles, is to draw a new wall of the same size in another area, apply the wall style, and then place it over the top of the original wall.
  • Options
    @coldplay2233 yep, we do have a request for that on the list.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    The Split Panel Dresser has some slotting issues. There are some slots that are no where near the dresser - see pics below:

6KfLhl0.png
    uVX4HuS.png

The slots seem to just be off in general as well.

rb2qVy1.png
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Is anyone having an issue with the "Dinners On by Crockery Kitchen" table for clearing dishes? I am having to direct my sim to get up from the table before being able to clear the dish, also the only option I get once the sim is done eating and sitting idly is to "throw away" yet it tells me there is no trash cans available and is greyed out, however there are 8 available trash cans including outdoor trashcans available on lot without impediment; there is also a dishwasher and sink 5/6 tiles away. Any ideas?
    ziJ9u8x.pngvrCEcOb.pngvN4so0i.png
    no cc, no mods, freshly repaired, caches cleared.
    Post edited by Nectere on
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    If you had MO on at the time it is likely the tissue box simply kept it's height when moved away from the dresser. I have things snap to surfaces and if MO is on at the time they will sometimes keep the same height even when moved away slightly.

The slots aren't off. Compare the "object footprint" to the "dresser footprint". You will see they line up.

I'm not sure about the table but assuming I have the pack it comes in, I will test it out. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    sawdust wrote: »
    If you had MO on at the time it is likely the tissue box simply kept it's height when moved away from the dresser. I have things snap to surfaces and if MO is on at the time they will sometimes keep the same height even when moved away slightly.

The slots aren't off. Compare the "object footprint" to the "dresser footprint". You will see they line up.

I'm not sure about the table but assuming I have the pack it comes in, I will test it out. :)

I have move objects off. I am not speaking to the footprint of the Split Panel Dresser, I am talking about the slot footprints.

Try using the tissue box, since it seems to be the smallest footprint. (fill the dresser first with the 4 normal slots, two additional will appear two tiles away)
    fFAKJtA.png
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    Are you cloning the already placed tissue box?
  • Options
    I don't have whatever pack the dresser or the table come in so can't test for you, sorry.