Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @LeGardePourpre I updated the request on the index to include the signs (we originally requested the ability to enlarge mirrors). As for the foundation turning blue, this is a known issue we are tracking here (see # 20).

@FoundMarbles can you tell me the exact steps you took when the walls disappeared? Pictures might help too. Without more information, I'm not sure if you experienced a bug or if the problem was the method you used. As for attics, there are some different approaches; you might take a look at homes on the Gallery that have them, and if you haven't already, have a look at building guides. There are several good ones linked on this thread.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    LacedMetalLacedMetal Posts: 75 Member
    edited February 2017
    @rosemow suggested I post this issue on this thread. I've noticed a glitch with the curved portions of the Ornate Victorian Roof Line. Tried it with MOO and off, with and without cheats. Next to walls, fences, half walls... all of it poses the glitch regardless of orientation. This is one of my favorite spandrels, and I use it in a lot of my builds so long as they don't have a curve. It'd be awesome to have this glitch solved so they can be fully utilized.

glitch_by_lace_and_metal-dazs3ay.png?1
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Hello,
    I am not sure if this is a "bug" or what this is.
    I made a basement on the lot where Vladislaus house is in Forgotten Hollow and for some reason my basement has this glitch on the ceiling:
    bbKUAcq.png
    4jeExq6.png

The original build has the same problem in the basement:
    CDZUmfy.png

I dont seem to have this problem with the basement on other lots. Just there. Its really strange. Does anybody else have the same thing happening there?
  • Options
    sweety_blondysweety_blondy Posts: 117 Member
    I've seen those ceiling lines in my game and in some of my builds, only instead on the ceiling, they are on the floors. It's almost as if the wall below is poking thru. Usually you see them clearly on a flat roof (then they have a bit of a shine to them) :unamused:
    Origin id: LunaLycaon
    Simming since the beginning ;)
  • Options
    @LacedMetal yes, I saw your report on AHQ here. SimQARobo responded on the thread that they would look into it. Note that I also posted that if you hold SHIFT down while placing, it will place correctly. Or, if you place a connecting piece to it, it will also fix it. 

@Keks_Milch I'll see if I can reproduce it in my game. If so, and if it's lot specific, then it's likely due to uneven terrain on the lot. We have a list of such lots on AHQ, and I will add this one to the list if that's what it turns out to be. Will let you know.

@sweety_blondy in many cases, it is objects poking up through the floor. For instance, you can slide wall objects up a bit too high on the wall in some cases or when elevating objects using bb.moveobjects. Sometimes it looks fine until you look at it from a specific angle. When something's poking through the floor, have a look at what's below in that area. If there are cases you can't figure out, let me know.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @BryonyRae
    The last picture is the original Vlad house basement, you can check at exactly the same spot (probably) if you see these lines or not.
    Can you please @ me when you tried it out? So I can know if it indeed happens or if its just my game.
    And big thank you for looking into this!!!
    Post edited by Keks_Milch on
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @BryonyRae Thank you for reminding me of those forums. I haven't checked them in a while. Wish they gave notifications to my Origin client, I'm terrible at checking those things. The Shift does work, and is worth the little extra work deleting unwanted sections just to be able to build with this lovely item.

EDIT: It's still doing it when columns are placed in the section. Either before, or after, while holding down shift. :disappointed:
    Post edited by LacedMetal on
  • Options
    sweety_blondysweety_blondy Posts: 117 Member
    @BryonyRae I have run into the ceiling/floor lines in the beginning stages of a build - just plain walls, no objects. I never actually looked to see if the objects added lines later down the road, so thank you for telling me that they could/would :smile:
    Origin id: LunaLycaon
    Simming since the beginning ;)
  • Options
    @LacedMetal ah yes, I see, if you've got columns near the curve and within two tiles of each other, the glitch cannot be corrected (at least by any method I've tried. If they are more than two tiles apart, it seems to be okay. I'll update the AHQ report accordingly.

@sweety_blondy if you run into this again, could you please post here? And possibly upload your build to the gallery (you can just use a name like "test floor lines")?
  • Options
    @Keks_Milch yes, I was able to reproduce the glitch and have added the lot to our list of problem lots here. I definitely think that it's due to uneven terrain, and what we're seeing are small gaps between the basement level and ground level.
  • Options
    @BryonyRae Thank you!!
  • Options
    KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    Hi @rosemow suggested to post this here, Because I'm in need of serious help, the pergolas I added to my pool area are dropping to the floor once the lot is downloaded to the gallery this is happening with MOO dont know what to do is there a way to do this

3BjfeRU.png

Thanks

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• Options
    @KojiK yes, when building in outdoor areas, elevated objects drop to the ground (some non-elevated objects even drop *into* the ground, but that's another story). The workaround is to place a flat or deck in the area that you're going to use for elevation, so that the game considers the space a "room" and preserves height settings. Judging by your picture, it would be a pretty easy fix in your case, to just place a flat in that patio area, adjust its size, and then replace and reposition your objects there. The only issue would be if you're using foundation, because the flat you place would also be on foundation. I can't tell from your picture...
  • Options
    KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    Thank you so much for the response @BryonyRae sadly there's nothing I could do, the lot has a very high foundation so I would have to workout something else for the pool area

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• Options
    One other thing you can do, @KojiK, would be to draw a basement beneath the area and elevate the objects from within the basement room. They shouldn't drop. However, right now, there is a bug with elevating from the basement where the objects may disappear from view when you view from levels above ground level. Also, you can use room lighting on the objects to get them to approximately the right color, but sometimes (due to another glitch), the lighting on them is a little odd (it's like the game combines indoor and outdoor lighting). Still, perhaps worth experimenting.
  • Options
    lyssanlyssan Posts: 53 Member
    I have a weird problem that happened to me more than once and I cannot see it on the glitch list (maybe I am just blind :) ). Sometimes if I draw a fence outdoors (i.e. on the ground and not as part of the room), if I delete it to re-do it, it will not place back in its original spot. I mean, it will place, it just won't show at all. Same happens if I hover (not even place) a gate over the spot. I noticed it on three different lots, but I don't think it happens every single time. I think I have seen someone on the forums somewhere saying it happened to them once? Did you guys experience it too? Does it have anything to do with the slightly uneven terrains on certain lots?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2017
    lyssan wrote: »
    I have a weird problem that happened to me more than once and I cannot see it on the glitch list (maybe I am just blind :) ). Sometimes if I draw a fence outdoors (i.e. on the ground and not as part of the room), if I delete it to re-do it, it will not place back in its original spot. I mean, it will place, it just won't show at all. Same happens if I hover (not even place) a gate over the spot. I noticed it on three different lots, but I don't think it happens every single time. I think I have seen someone on the forums somewhere saying it happened to them once? Did you guys experience it too? Does it have anything to do with the slightly uneven terrains on certain lots?

This happens sometimes if MOO is turned on. Turn off MOO when placing/editing fences, or save and restart the game for the fences to show up. They are there, just invisible.
  • Options
    lyssanlyssan Posts: 53 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    lyssan wrote: »

This happens sometimes if MOO is turned on. Turn off MOO when placing/editing fences, or save and restart the game for the fences to show up. They are there, just invisible.

Thanks! So good there is a simple explanation for it, it was driving me insane :)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'd like to request half-wall posts. These should be placeable like columns and match column styles, but auto-adjust appropriately to half-wall heights.

Uses would include breaking up longer half-walls visually and creating neat ends and corners without having to use ceiling height columns.
  • Options
    mazdamjmx5mazdamjmx5 Posts: 79 Member
    Hi all,

I asked a question in the builders section of this forum about an error I've been getting on The Sims 4 Build Mode. The Error is 'Invalid placement at bottom of stairs'.
    A member called Rosemow said it might be best to ask here and directed me here with a link.

Here is the question I posted:

On The Sims 4, I've built a house with a foundation and at the front of the house, in front of the front door, I used the Flat Square tool to place a porch. When I try attach stairs to the flat square, it says 'Invalid Placement at bottom of stairs'. Even when I just create a flat square and no house at all and try connect stairs to that, I still get the same error message.

Can anyone help?
  • Options
    @mazdamjmx5 Pictures of the issue?
  • Options
    @mazdamjmx5 It's because the stairs are rotated into the ground. press < or > until it aligns properly.
  • Options
    @EmmaVane great request - would definitely be helpful. I will add it to the list.

@LacedMetal thanks for helping maz! :)
  • Options
    mazdamjmx5mazdamjmx5 Posts: 79 Member
    @LacedMetal Took a bit of persistence but it worked thanks. I do think it's something that EA need to improve.