Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    edited December 2016
    I have a headache trying to make my white colors truly white. It is a known fact that Maxis's original color of light looks dirty inside houses. . However, if you change the all lights in the house on a cold white - first light on the left at the top - white color on a wall or piece of furniture will be pure white and other colors also nice.
    Unfortunately my cold lights are much much weaker than the light, which has dropped - thanks to last update - on my house still under construction. . You could say - it was bombed by the light. It sounds funny and I got an attack of laughter when I have discovered it, but I stopped laughing, when it turned out that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 light is saved together with the house
    My friend has checked this lot in his game and he got the same bug.
    I do not understand WHY Maxis does not use this cold color of light but these disgusting yellow with whom we have to fight to make our homes look good.
    For now this lot is useless . Maybe only as a park.
    uplq8stztt5z.jpg
    eudl3ir6hb3x.jpg
    checked by my friend
    vt6k4xsq82b0.jpg
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @kreatora Yes, I've seen this effect before with light flooding out from under a home, and it does look weird. We have it listed as one of the issues on our Lighting Problems thread on the AHQ. If you click the "Me Too" button, it helps bring attention to the issue.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    I know people have posted about this before, but is there a workaround for getting the upper kitchen cabinets to be lit appropriately?
    iTjmUhi.png
    The kitchen did not look like this when I first built it, but now it does. Thanks.
    @StSciurus The only thing I'm aware of that you can do is to reduce your number of light sources (lights and windows) for the area to 10 or less. You can also try to add some invisible lighting directly around the cabinets, but I don't think even that will get them to the right color - it might mitigate it a bit though.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you, @BryonyRae ! The kitchen is part of an open plan living space so I probably do have more than 10 windows in the space as a whole. I'll check into it.
    A workaround you might try is using counters as cabinets instead of actual cabinets. That's likely what I'd do, given that I don't have the patience to wait for a fix. :p
  • razrfengrazrfeng Posts: 17 Member
    Hello, I have recently encountered a problem that I am not entirely sure is a bug(new/old) or not. Recently I started building alot more and decided to add a 2-story foyer to the entrance to my house with the second floor having a sort of indoor balcony overlooking the foyer. I build the rooms, delete the floor and place the half wall. It turns out perfect, just the way I wanted it, so i save. However, upon reloading the lot the floor on the second level is replaced, causing me to have to remap the room, delete the floor and re-add the exterior trim.

I would provide pictures, but i just accumulated the 30+ required points and have not been upgraded to member status yet.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    edited January 2017
    razrfeng wrote: »
    Hello, I have recently encountered a problem that I am not entirely sure is a bug(new/old) or not. Recently I started building alot more and decided to add a 2-story foyer to the entrance to my house with the second floor having a sort of indoor balcony overlooking the foyer. I build the rooms, delete the floor and place the half wall. It turns out perfect, just the way I wanted it, so i save. However, upon reloading the lot the floor on the second level is replaced, causing me to have to remap the room, delete the floor and re-add the exterior trim.

I would provide pictures, but i just accumulated the 30+ required points and have not been upgraded to member status yet.

Hello @razrfeng
    Just a little infornation. You need 30 posts and 50 points to become a full member.
    Because you aren't a member yet, you can't post pictures or links, but you can upload your pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur or tinypic , then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here, but break the image code link up, such as putting h.tt.p.
    We can then put the codes back together and post the pictures for you :)

*Update to previous comment*

I just tried using the custom room tool to make the entire second story a room, then rebuilding/mapping all the rooms that were previously there. That did not fix the issue either, so i must assume it is a bug, or im simply doing something wrong.
    *Pictures*
    h.t.tp://imgur.com/HFKEW1Z
    h.t.tp://imgur.com/8AnMYBB

Apologies for the double post, I was hoping it would include the link i listed in the "attach image/file" drop down.
    @razrfeng Is your game fully updated? If not, you'll want to update it. Are you using any mods/CC? If so, temporarily remove them, clear your cache, and repair the game. You may want to clear your cache and repair even if you don't have mods; I usually do so after every game patch.

Also, if it is an order of operations issue, try drawing the two rooms that you have on either side first, then the half wall, and then delete the flooring. I am able to do that in my game, and it does not re-apply flooring.
    And @rosemow thanks for helping him out! :)
    @rosemow Thank you so much for your assistance, to you too as well @BryonyRae

The game is fully updated and I have not used mods presently or in the past. I will try clearing my cache and repairing the game tomorrow as well as drawing the rooms individually first like you mentioned. If that is the problem, I am simply doing things out of order but still receiving the result I want with the exception of it reverting on reload. Thanks again!
    @BryonyRae since this room is connecting to the outside, would the exterior trim cause a problem? I know half walks cause problems with roofing.

When I delete the floor, the exterior trim and the columns pop through to the inside.
    edited January 2017
    @razrfeng yes, that will happen. To fix it, delete the exterior trim, and re-apply it to the exterior only by holding down the SHIFT button as you place it. As for columns, again try deleting and replacing them. It usually corrects the problem.
  • MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    Rosemow directed me to this thread, I hope someone will be able to help me. Thank you in advance: Since today my build mode is buggy. Fences or pieces of them go invisible, I can't overwrite them and deleting doesn't help, the next fence will be just as invisible. Half walls are fine. Gates are behaving like the fences.

I don't have CC and I don't have mods. Moo isn't making a difference. on or off. Closing the game doesn't help either.

Here's a pic

2mcaql0.jpg

I'm really hoping that someone may be able to help, this is driving me up the walls. I really, really don't want to start that build again....
  • catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    MorriSan wrote: »
    Rosemow directed me to this thread, I hope someone will be able to help me. Thank you in advance: Since today my build mode is buggy. Fences or pieces of them go invisible, I can't overwrite them and deleting doesn't help, the next fence will be just as invisible. Half walls are fine. Gates are behaving like the fences.

I don't have CC and I don't have mods. Moo isn't making a difference. on or off. Closing the game doesn't help either.

I have the same issue with the fence. Updated, repaired, all mods out etc... nothing help.
    Words are soul's image
    @Morrisan @catalina_45 is this only happening to fencing you're drawing above ground? Does the fence go missing immediately (i.e. when you are drawing it), or later? Are you hovering over it with a gate by chance? Are you doing any actions (such as deleting objects, walls, etc.) before it goes missing? If we could get some details on the steps you take in order for the issue to occur, it would be helpful. Also, if one of you could upload a lot that has the issue for testing, I could see whether the effect carries over to my game. Thanks!
  • MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    edited February 2017
    @BryonyRae Huh, I went in game again with the intention to plopp it down on another lot and suddenly the invisible fences are visible again without any action on my part. Very strange. About your questions: everything is normal until I reach the end of the section I'm fencing, I let go of the mouse button and the fence goes poof or partly poof. Immediately after trying to build them, not as a reaction to deleting, changing or adding something like a gate. When theres a hole I can use the sledgehammer to delet secions of the fence by guessing where to klick and I know that I'm successful because now I have a hole and another hole divided by the corner post of the iron wrought fence. The issue occured while working on the bridge in the pic and at two other locations on my build, not always on the edge of a structure, if you know what I mean? I tried to use the fences (all iron wrought if that helps?)to fence in a grave.

The build I'm developing doesn't have fences on the ground, I use the first level instead of ground elevation. I'll keep working on my lot and should it happen again I'll upload at least that part of the lot for your inspection.

Edit: I remember that I tried a gate, deleted it because it looked bad and later worked that section again and then encountered that error. So it might indeed have something to do with the gates-
    Post edited by MorriSan on
  • catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    @BryonyRae In the basement I put the iron fence (I have a lab and I wanted to separe from other space). Nothing happen until I posted the gate. As you know the gate for iron fence can be placed only using bb.move objects on. So, I introduced the cheat, and at the time I placed the gate, the fence has disappeared. I deleted the gate, I turned off MOO.From that moment I could not build any other fence.

I can try to go on edit world and return to my lot to see what happen.
    I will test more option to be sure when it happen. (basement, floor, inside house, outside house...)
    (Sorry for my English I use a program to translate)
    Words are soul's image
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@BryonyRae I was just astounded to find after building a second floor when I went down to the first floor again and ALL of my inner walls had been removed. That was irritating. I'm also trying to figure out how to do attic "dormer" rooms. (I am working at replicating my own house/ not an easy task as matching windows, doors and tiles are not available but it is getting sort of close. Already have hubby and I created to live there.)
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac